Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Where did I say they were the reason?

The reason West Coast even got remotely close is because of 1) Liam Ryan, 2) our goalkicking & 3) our game plan.

All the umpiring decisions in the world would not have mattered if those 3 factors had not intervened.
“The only reason we didn’t win was because we weren’t good enough to win and the opposition had some better players that won the game for them” does that about sum it up?

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
It took a monumental effort to concentrate through that first quarter, but here are some Gifs

Q1 Nic & stoppage connection:
Nic1.gif
Nic2.gif
Nic3.gif

Q1 Bonus Gifs:
Rotham1.gif
Schoey1.gif
Sheed1.gif
Schoey2.gif
Schoey3.gif

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Since there weren't so many genuine moments to capture from this game (aside from Ryan's), I decided to focus on some passages of play and small acts that helped us turn the scoreboard around, as well as some good signs from younger players. Duggan was pretty noticeable in the midfield, looked right at home.

Q2 Nic & stoppage connection:
Nic1Sheed.gif
Nic2Duggan.gif
Nic3AhChee.gif
Nic4.gif

Q2 Bonus Gifs:
Ryan1.gif
Ryan2.gif
KellyWaterman1.gif
DugganKW1.gif
Waterman1firstgoal.gif
Gaff1secondgoal.gif
Ryan3Kennedy.gif
BJ1.gif
Ainsworth1.gif
Duggan2thirdgoal.gif
Ryan4.gif
RyanDugganFoley1.gif
Foley1.gif
AhChee1.gif
Hurn1.gif

Last edited:

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones

Let's ignore his clean skills below his knees, smooth moves through traffic, few nice deliveries inside 50 and nice contested marks we've seen this year.

He has shown more "special" glimpses than most of our other depth. Unfortunately he's also squibbed a bit and also has to carry the top draft pick tag.

Strongly agree with this.

Because of our key position riches, the team is trying to turn Brander into a 195cm winger, that is only possible because of his extremely impressive package of skills for someone that height. That is a very tough gig to learn and a long term investment, because really you are only going to see the results when he builds an elite midfield tank and plays enough football to develop the smarts to consistently get 20 touches a game in space- once he adds those aspects to his game, his height suddenly makes him in to the perfect link player, because noone who can run with him is going to be able to defend him when he is leading for link marks.

The role he is playing reminds me a lot of Andrew Embley- who had about 50 absolutely trash games and then suddenly blossomed into an absolutely elite versatile big wingman and matchup nightmare.

I've liked what we saw this year- there were a few games where you could see he was starting to read the play better and become a consistent option in space- and we have so many good quality young KPPs it is a very smart decision by the club to try to develop him this way.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Some of the best and worst according to stats;

Naitanui - 9 hitouts to advantage (more than every other ruckman on the field combined).
Kelly - 12.5% kicking efficiency, below that of Petruccelle at 33% (needs some serious work).
Barrass / Rotham - 8 spoils and 9 one percenters each (both game highs).
Sheppard - Game high 7 tackles.
Gaff - 4 centre clearances and 14 contested possessions (both game highs, along with total distance covered, inside 50s, and frees for).
Ah Chee - 8 ground ball gets and 3 f50 ground ball gets (game high and second for the game respectively).

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm mildly stunned that some of you folk are bitching about umpire bias.

Anyway, they're the biggest blight on the sport regardless of who is getting reamed at the time.
Well we lost a game because the video referral ump failed to check the reverse angle .
I suppose it's hard to check both

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
There’s no way Ainsworth has put on any real size since he was drafted though. If anything looks like he’s gotten skinnier. Petch/Brander too. wtf campaigners
cole as well. Sheed put on bulk and then a season lost a lot of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
is it me or does Waterman posses some decent footy IQ and Vision, especially when he's coming out of defence?

Man seeing Nic Nat being so dominant at ground level make me wish that we can get a year of two towards the end where can play a bit as a midfielder.

twadds

Senior List
Apr 14, 2008
Floreat
AFL Club
West Coast
+ryan, nn, duggmeister, shep.

- kayos shitty apple tv interface ffs just copy netflix and literally everyone elses interface dont invent your own far shittier interface -

who honestly thought they could improve on a button that you press and say “go forward five minutes and twenty seconds” with a button press, a swipe forwards, a swipe backwards, swipe forwards etc etc, ooops ive swiped to the end and seen the score....

fu kayo
You can jump fwd/back by 15 seconds with Kayo interface on appleTV. it’s not easy to figure out initially but once you get how to it’s not too bad.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
is it me or does Waterman posses some decent footy IQ and Vision, especially when he's coming out of defence?

Man seeing Nic Nat being so dominant at ground level make me wish that we can get a year of two towards the end where can play a bit as a midfielder.
Waterman is a potential Hurn replacement and Nic has the best hand in the wet.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
You can jump fwd/back by 15 seconds with Kayo interface on appleTV. it’s not easy to figure out initially but once you get how to it’s not too bad.
yeah i often get in late and watch the game and want to fast forward 1/4 time and half time.

the way kayo does this is r€tard3d.

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Q3 Nic & stoppage connection:
Nic1.gif
Nic2.gif
Nic3team.gif
Nic4.gif
Nic5.gif