List Mgmt. 2020 List Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

PR how are you coping with your fave player Macmillan getting delisted

Think I recall you mentioning he was a lock for next year

He's trolling, you myopic dimwit.

The elephant in the room - and ,,, This will be unpopular but I have been very disappointed in Ziebs this year. Doesn’t get near the ball - and can’t kick for goal

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think he should relinquish the Captaincy and focus on himself.

Its going to be messy dropping the Captain if a repeat of 2020.

Reckon Dangerflag will get some traction Snake?

Sickening hey

Unfortunately, yes.

There's enough zombies out there to give it oxygen.

I think he should relinquish the Captaincy and focus on himself.

Its going to be messy dropping the Captain if a repeat of 2020.

His confidence is clearly effected.

When have you ever, ever seen Jack line up 20 meters out to kick it around the corner?

He can't Captain 2021.

He needs to be absolutely ready for day 1 preseason. Not we'll wait and see on niggles or any of that s**t. It needs to be attended to now.

He has to hit the 21 season as fit as he has ever been. Having done more running than he's ever done.

I love that he's been such a warrior for the club and I want to see him give himself the best chance to keep playing.

PR how are you coping with your fave player Macmillan getting delisted

Think I recall you mentioning he was a lock for next year
I’m absolutely fine with him going.
Up until his last couple of games this year I thought he was gone. He seemed to perform well at the end, and it seemed likely that they might have kept him for one more as a transition piece.
I love the club have cut deep, I would trade BBB, Polec, and maybe one other “untradeable” player to facilitate loading up in the next two drafts.

in addition, JMac offered way more in his last 2 games this year than Ziebs has offered all season... don’t think he is far off getting the boot too.

Last edited:
I’m absolutely fine with him going.
Up until his last couple of games this year I thought he was gone. He seemed to perform well at the end, and it seemed likely that they might have kept him for one more as a transition piece.
I love the club have cut deep, I would trade BBB, Polec, and maybe one other “untradeable” player to facilitate losing up in the next two drafts.

in addition, JMac offered way more in his last 2 games this year than Ziebs has offered all season... don’t think he is far off getting the boot too.
Yesterdays news put everyone on notice. No one is safe

A day later and looking at those changes I think they're all pretty much spot on. I look at our run this year and can't escape the conclusion that with a reasonable reduction in the injury list we would be hard pressed to not improve even with all of those changes. A number of draftees and (I'm assuming) some more trades to come will invigorate the team significantly.

So GWS got knocked out the finals race last night.

Made a coffee, popped arse on couch and set this thread to auto refresh every 15 seconds and wait for giphy (3).gif list updates.

It looks as if when we got to the hub the Brady and Rhyce said * it, there's too many on this list who are ok at best. Lets tear this down and start again. We test those who we need to see what they are made of, and challenge those who we think we can get more out of. We give kids games in what could be there long term positions and we see where we sit in a few months.

There seems to be a clear rationale to this, and it is bearing fruit already, with McKay, Mahoney, Scott, Hayden and Perez looking like long term players, and adding to the group of Simpkin, LDU, Taylor, Thomas, Zurhaar and Larkey. Still a few question marks on the likes of Bonar and Willy Walker but time will tell.

McDonald, Anderson and Simpkin really stood up and have shown themselves to be senior players, and now join with Goldy, Higgo, Taz, Cunners and Ziebs as the core. Dumont and Walker have also shown themselves to be valuable contributors.

On the flip side it has led to a host of cuts, with those removed from the list yesterday all clearly not AFL standard it at least one vital facet of the game.

Macmillan was suited to footy 5 years ago, but the increase in physicality brought on by Richmond and adopted league wide over the last few years has caught him out.

Pittard's kicking is far too inconsistent for a half back where turnovers kill.

Daw doesn't have the fitness anymore.

Wood is mentally cooked, is too inconsistent by foot and drops sitters.

Williams can't kick.

Hoise and Murphy just aren't AFL standard.

Crocker is athletically uncapable of competing at the highest level.

Ahern isn't fit enough and doesn't work hard enough without he ball.

Durdin is missing an extra 5% of pretty much every facet of his game, except his skills.

Benny J is a different story.

Then we have Polec who seems to have been challenged and hasn't responded as requested. If he and Brown are to be traded out it is purely to get more value picks in the door and in the case of Polec someone out the door who doesn't buy in to what is going on down at Arden St. It looks like we have a few irons in the fire via FA and out of contract types to replace these cut players and potential trade outs, as well as some nice draft picks.

This could turn around relatively quickly, but we need to nail the next few drafts to complement the likes of LDU, Simpkin, Thomas, Taylor etc who will need to step up to replace Higgins, Taz, JZ, Cunners and Goldy when they pull the pin soon enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So GWS got knocked out the finals race last night.

Made a coffee, popped arse on couch and set this thread to auto refresh every 15 seconds and wait for View attachment 964955list updates.

You haven't aged a day since we first met years ago...

This could turn around relatively quickly, but we need to nail the next few drafts to complement the likes of LDU, Simpkin, Thomas, Taylor etc who will need to step up to replace Higgins, Taz, JZ, Cunners and Goldy when they pull the pin soon enough.

The ideal would be enough in that a couple of those blokes have a chance at a swansong finals campaign (Cunners, Goldy & Taz the most likely though Higgins has remained durable of recent years as well).

The ideal would be enough in that a couple of those blokes have a chance at a swansong finals campaign (Cunners, Goldy & Taz the most likely though Higgins has remained durable of recent years as well).
Yeah, that would be great. More likely 2022 rather than next year. Depends on who we can get in the door via FA I'd say.

Huge decision made by the club, and all of them 100% spot on. Shows your club doesn't accept mediocrity anymore. Well done Brady and team!

We’ve been solid citizens eeking every ounce of talent out of ourselves for the past 20 years but now we’re going to load up on high end talent and get fair dinkum.

Brady is going to raise the ceiling of this team to a premiership side. Finals will be the floor going forward.

Spent the morning watching the replay of the West Coast game. Really highlights the passion and effort of our talented youth, and the shortcomings of our list.
As painful as these decisions are, in hindsight they’ll be regarded as correct.

Just you wait and see. OI!

You watched it for the first time...or a second time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back