Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Intriguing article by the ABC regarding ruck strategy. Very relevant for us given the Stef/Big O combination.

Paul Mac

All Australian
Jun 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Listening to Brayshaw and Brownless last night at work before the footy came on. Previewing round of games this week. Brownless " Brisbane host Carlton at the Gabba" Brayshaw " another game for brisbane at the Gabba". I'm sick of this s**t. Every year the interstate sides are at a disadvantage as we travel 11 times and the vic teams may travel 5 -6. Once in a blue moon we have this pandemic and it falls in our favour for a change. Sick of these flogs who still go on about it falling in our lap. One year out of s**t loads where we have been fortunate.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Listening to Brayshaw and Brownless last night at work before the footy came on. Previewing round of games this week. Brownless " Brisbane host Carlton at the Gabba" Brayshaw " another game for brisbane at the Gabba". I'm sick of this sh*t. Every year the interstate sides are at a disadvantage as we travel 11 times and the vic teams may travel 5 -6. Once in a blue moon we have this pandemic and it falls in our favour for a change. Sick of these flogs who still go on about it falling in our lap. One year out of sh*t loads where we have been fortunate.
You just watch, if a Victorian side wins the flag the media will be falling over themselves to enthusiastically laud one of the greatest premierships of all time because of all the adversity they have had to endure and overcome, it will make the fawning over the Bulldogs 2016 flag look mild in comparison.

However if we win it the narrative will be... oh they should have won it everything fell their way, flag with a giant *.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Listening to Brayshaw and Brownless last night at work before the footy came on. Previewing round of games this week. Brownless " Brisbane host Carlton at the Gabba" Brayshaw " another game for brisbane at the Gabba". I'm sick of this sh*t. Every year the interstate sides are at a disadvantage as we travel 11 times and the vic teams may travel 5 -6. Once in a blue moon we have this pandemic and it falls in our favour for a change. Sick of these flogs who still go on about it falling in our lap. One year out of sh*t loads where we have been fortunate.
I'm already bracing if we don't win the GF and the usual Vic media flogs will be spouting that the AFL couldn't have handed us the Premiership on a platter any better and we still couldn't get it done.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
For someone who spent most of his life in WA and SA, Brayshaw is massively Vic-centric. And elitist.

Very funny for someone who supports the most minnow of all minnow Vic clubs.

He was whining about our schedule last year due to our perceived 'easy' draw - which was basically the same as Geelong's except we got the double up against the suns out of the bottom 6.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
For someone who spent most of his life in WA and SA, Brayshaw is massively Vic-centric. And elitist.

Walking along the beach a few years ago now, saw Brayshaw there with his kids. The way he spoke to those kids and in front of others was terrible. He didn't want to be there and looked and sounded like a real A-Hole. Haven't liked him from that day to this...

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions

I'm also sick of hearing how the "ball is like a cake of soap"......it's because" it's so dewy" at the Gabba

"Oh woe is us..........the Gabba night GF will be a terrible spectacle 'cos the conditions will be so bad"

This bullshit narrative is being peddled by most of the Vic media as a pre-emptive excuse /reason if either Geelong or Richmond don't take the Flag.

I just heard Whately and Lyon rabbitting on about it again on SEN about 15 minutes ago.

Apparently Chris Scott has called bullshit on it as well and accused the media of making stuff up but Gerard and Garry reckoned Scott was just "deflecting"

They both agreed that they knew much more about it :rolleyes: ......sitting on their arses in a Melbourne studio:think:....than a Senior coach who not only is coaching in a hub here in Brisbane but played for years, INCLUDING IN FINALS,

God they are pillocks

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I got as far as 42 seconds before hitting the stop button. Couldn't put my self through any more. Brilliant footballer, arguably the best ever, & that's how I'd like to remember him.

I must have a higher tolerance. I got to nearly 4 minutes.

Up to the point where he reckons" known " cures for Covid are being suppressed by the Illuminati

"That malaria drug but I can't pronounce because I'm not that good at English" (hydroxychloroquine) and zinc and a certain antibiotic that's a known cure"

Sad.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I must have a higher tolerance. I got to nearly 4 minutes.

Up to the point where he reckons" known " cures for Covid are being suppressed by the Illuminati

"That malaria drug but I can't pronounce because I'm not that good at English" (hydroxychloroquine) and zinc and a certain antibiotic that's a known cure"

Sad.

That's one of the downsides of social media. If you pay too much attention to it, you'll start to think that there's a disproportionate amount of unintelligent people in the world. Generally, the dumb are blissfully unaware that they're dumb, and need their opinions heard. Today there's no shortage of platforms for them.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I think Zac Bailey and Jarrod Berry both unlucky to miss out, Berry/Bailey IN Daicos/Taranto OUT.

Well done to Clugga.

1600740126119.png

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I know Bailey has been a much improved player this year but how in the hell Berry has not got in is completely staggering. Any of Miers, Taranto, Daicos Rankine . He should be well in front of any of these IMO.
Bloody hell I didn't notice that before, how the hell did Rankine get in, looks like he is going to be a good player but he has been ordinary apart from a couple of highlight reel incidents, hype over substance definitely got him in IMO.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
If they don't believe that Berry and Bailey are more deserving of a spot than some of those other kids named, then that is their opinion. But they should know that they are wrong.
Same with Izak Ranikine.

C'mon, I don't buy for a second that a couple of highlight reel's from Rankine means he is more deserving that Zac Bailey's year that has a lot more substance to it, in the second best team no less.

The side by side comparison of the meaningful stats has Zac well ahead of Rankine but the selectors have gotten caught up in the Rankine hysteria.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We whine about Clug not being AA wing because those selected don't play wing but then expect our midfielders to be named as forwards in the under 22 side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back