you'll never fade away
View attachment 964985:carlton::blueheart:

prefer the studio version

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
It's finally sunk upon me that today/tonight is the finally game of Simmo's wonderful career and we also say goodbye to The Big Tractor as well.

I have been in denial all week

tenor.gif

Oh you bet the tears will be cascading down my face like the Niagara Falls when the boys chair Simmo off after the game..

Heck I cried when I watched Mrs Doubtfire when i first saw it in cinemas (scenes of Robin Williams crying has always pushed my emotional buttons) and tonight, well let's just say I am stocked up plenty on Tissues 😭😭😭 #ThankYouSimmo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When champions leave it invariably leaves a massive hole, and this one really hurts!

I think that when players who have played for the amount of time that Simmo played retire it impacts upon you more than others do. I look back at when he started playing and where I was at the time, it's been quite a journey since then.

In my time watching Carlton I can remember three players who have been there for long careers.

Bruce Doull debuted when I was 8 years old, retired when I was 25
Craig Bradley debuted when I was 25, retired when I was 41
Kade Simpson debuted when I was 42, retired now and I'm 59.

Each of them represents a different phase of my life and when I think back on their careers it brings back a lot of other memories.

If I'm lucky I may have time to see one more of these long term type players. At the moment I'm banking on Walsh doing it.

Last edited:
Big fan of Simpson hope you guys get the win for him and give him a proper send off.

It’s cheapened a bit as a compliment because people throw the statement around too much these days but Simpson is a the epitome of a hard no fuss footballers footballer.
Don't think we'll win but appreciate your post.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back