Autopsy St.Kilda vs GWS Giants, Friday 18th September, 2020 Gabba, 7.50pm

I actually thought the commentary was cheering for GWS.
Bruce and friends talk up the team with the biggest Victorian following to start (got to pay the bills) until one side gets up a bit, then they talk up the losing team to make it sound closer (got to keep viewers interested), and then if it's a flogging it's back to talking about the team with the biggest Victorian following (positive if they're winning, negative if they're losing).

We got Saints, GWS, Saints tonight. The fun ones are the one-sided floggings like Brisbane against Essendon or Gold Coast against North, where it results in an entire telecast about one team (casual chat, then cheering them on, and then simple disappointment).

Jun 26, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Honest question, I lived in sydney for a couple years recently. Are all GWS supporters secondary? Do any support GWS exclusively? I went to a few games and got the vibe everyone went for other teams first.

Honest question, I lived in sydney for a couple years recently. Are all GWS supporters secondary? Do any support GWS exclusively? I went to a few games and got the vibe everyone went for other teams first.
Plenty support GWS exclusively. Probably the majority support GWS with a soft spot for a prior team. The minority still stick to our old teams.

Jun 26, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Plenty support GWS exclusively. Probably the majority support GWS with a soft spot for a prior team. The minority still stick to our old teams.
Best of luck. Great feel about the club and Spotless is a fantastic venue. It was bizarre we couldn't get any merch Grand Final week by walking into sports stores, but I'm sure it will get better.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Nope, only GWS. Started following when my son started playing Auskick just as they were setting up the club.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
I'm a Sydney based Giants foundation member and my family and I have been members since day 1.

Would you believe me if I said Giants exclusively ?

On CPH2009 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back