Review Dees v the Bombers at World End - the Good, Bad and Beyond Fugly

Brothers - my dear brothers - I remember a certain final round in 2017 where we had more control of our destiny than what we have now. My heart as though ground to ashes, Dees by the Ox - 5 points.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
To be honest it was good to see St Kilda make finals with a crushing win, the way its supposed to be.
We lose those sort of games and end up missing out, until we are mentally strong enough with the right coaches I dont see anything changing soon.

To be honest it was good to see St Kilda make finals with a crushing win, the way its supposed to be.
We lose those sort of games and end up missing out, until we are mentally strong enough with the right coaches I dont see anything changing soon.
We belted GWS in R23, 2018

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Very hard to take positives out of that game, 3 pretty crap quarters and if not for Lever and May we probably lose that in the last.

Midfield great for one quarter and then embarassing in the last.

Trent Rivers up the field showed more steel and determination than our senior mids.

The Good , Bad and beyond Fugly all delivered in one game thanks to the MFC .

The quintessential MFC performance.

You expect it from them, you know its coming, but when it happens it still makes you scream.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Difference between us and a top eight team. A top eight team puts that game to bed early in the 3rd quarter. Take a look at gws vs saints last night gws were in it saints then put them away gws gave up. I'm a bit torn about our season it was an improvement but we are still way off it.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Game really showcased all the problems this side has had all year (and last season), but, win is still a win, particularly against Essendon.

Weird season, I was hoping for more, we have improved a little, but likely missing finals against does sting.

We have unearthed some really exciting young talent in Pickett, Jackson and Rivers, so hopeful we can have a better year next year.

The wins we've had have brightened up a shitty year with covid a little so grateful for that.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Good:
2nd quarter. That is all.

Bad:
Melksham was largely awful.
Spargo and Baker go from chocolates to boiled lollies again.
If there were a competition for disposals just lobbed up enough to give the opposition a look and stall momentum - we’d be world champions.
If there were a competition for disposals that reached a teammate on the half volley we’d be world champions.
If there were a competition for fumbling we’d be world champions.
Our skill level and footy IQ are atrocious.

Beyond fugly:
This incarnation of the club 2017-20 is a ruined orgasm. Look good, feel good and then it’s ****ed up by weird inhuman behaviour. Is there any other club where it feels this s**t to win?

If the miracle happens and Freo knock off the Dogs we could see an uglier result than the 2018 prelim in the first week of the finals.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Nothing more MFC than feeling hollow after a win. We're crap and don't deserve finals. We'll be bloody embarrassed by WCE anyway. Making finals would only give Goodwin fuel to keep his job. He's not taking us anywhere close to a premiership.

And can Fritsch spend his whole summer kicking at goal please. Never seen such a nice kick of the footy miss so often.

Weid pathetic last month. Melksham pathetic two years.

Trac, Oliver and Gawn so influential when we're winning and go completely missing when pressured.

Langdon and May were great, as was Brown i thought. Lever was good too. Hunt and ANB kicking 6 between them was important.

Really don't care if we make finals or not. 9th feels about right tbh. Happy for our season to end..

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I feel good now because during the last quarter I decided to change from my strategy of having a few beers to having as many as possible. If I get hungry and haven’t passed out I’ll have pizza. I deserve some version of a mad monday after COVID-19 and watching our season.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nothing more MFC than feeling hollow after a win. We're crap and don't deserve finals. We'll be bloody embarrassed by WCE anyway. Making finals would only give Goodwin fuel to keep his job. He's not taking us anywhere close to a premiership.

And can Fritsch spend his whole summer kicking at goal please. Never seen such a nice kick of the footy miss so often.

Weid pathetic last month. Melksham pathetic two years.

Trac, Oliver and Gawn so influential when we're winning and go completely missing when pressured.

Langdon and May were great, as was Brown i thought. Lever was good too. Hunt and ANB kicking 6 between them was important.

Really don't care if we make finals or not. 9th feels about right tbh. Happy for our season to end..
9th feels right the thing is what do we do to get back in there next year? Richmond, geelong, Brisbane, port, west coast and Collingwood are locks imo. I know Collingwood have been poor but they've had injuries but got enough done to make it. Of course anything can happen but I really only think there's 2 spots left and saints and dogs look well a head. Then there's gws Carlton Freo Essendon gold coast and Sydney who I would say are in our category now.

Back