AFL Autopsy RND 18: Done by the Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox is gross for not making a bigger deal of that. Literally a game/season changing decision.

Nah, like ch $even, they wont criticise the umps and put the AFL offside. And it doesn’t matter, we lost because we are crap.

Swapped places from last year with Dees. Proves things can change dramatically season to season. Provided we change our mind set and grow confidence in ourselves and each other and bring the necessary effort for 4 quarters our best is as good as the rest. The core list is capable. Hope the turnover of delistings and retirements is reasoned and we do not throw the baby out with the bath water. Go Bombers!

Tried to not let it annoy me, but that non-decision on Petracca changed the game for mine.

Had it been called correctly, and I think we would have gone on to win.
The AFL needs to address umpiring in the game. It’s changing the result far too often

It seems that we had the most exciting game style in the league, fans loved watching us, neutrals loved watching us...but it didn't stand up for finals, so in their wisdom they have given us a dour finals style game which forgets that you need to make finals in the first place!

Even now, we play dross for 3 quarters then only look good when we say f it, let's take it on like old times..

Go back to run and gun, least it gave us something to watch and get excited by.

Don't forget how good we were preseason, beating wce and Geelong with a quick flick game, zero stogey wide ball movement was to be seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

second angle clearly showed that Petracca was making a legitimate attempt to dispose of the ball, not intentionally dropping the ball, and since he was tackled without any prior opportunity, that means it's a play on, but there is a grey area because the tackle had been applied for quite awhile by the time the ball left Petracca.

anyway, I don't think we had 2 goals in us from that spot anyway. but a goal and behind for a draw would have been fun

I actually found myself feeling sad watching that. Some of those blokes (and some on the sidelines) it will be the last time they'll set foot on an AFL ground. Their purpose in life, club atmosphere, what they are relatively good at, and their source of income will be effectively over by the time they leave the hub.

No matter how much we criticise them, they are human and have all made some sort of contribution to the club.

It seems that we had the most exciting game style in the league, fans loved watching us, neutrals loved watching us...but it didn't stand up for finals, so in their wisdom they have given us a dour finals style game which forgets that you need to make finals in the first place!

Even now, we play dross for 3 quarters then only look good when we say f it, let's take it on like old times..

Go back to run and gun, least it gave us something to watch and get excited by.

Don't forget how good we were preseason, beating wce and Geelong with a quick flick game, zero stogey wide ball movement was to be seen
Offence sells memberships, defence wins premierships. Says it all really.

Tried to not let it annoy me, but that non-decision on Petracca changed the game for mine.

Had it been called correctly, and I think we would have gone on to win.
The AFL needs to address umpiring in the game. It’s changing the result far too often
But really, it's our own fault for not being good enough to make their shitful decisions immaterial in the first place.

Swapped places from last year with Dees. Proves things can change dramatically season to season. Provided we change our mind set and grow confidence in ourselves and each other and bring the necessary effort for 4 quarters our best is as good as the rest. The core list is capable. Hope the turnover of delistings and retirements is reasoned and we do not throw the baby out with the bath water. Go Bombers!
Relax, this is Essendon 😊 we’ll throw out the baby and keep the bath water 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back