Preview Round 18, 2020: Hawthorn v Gold Coast Suns, 20 September 2020, 1.05pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope there is a lesson in this for Finn - ie. he didn’t follow a team directive or something and that’s why he was dropped. Dropping him otherwise just because he didn’t dominate his first game is a bit of a head scratcher.

I would hope there is a lesson in this for Finn - ie. he didn’t follow a team directive or something and that’s why he was dropped. Dropping him otherwise just because he didn’t dominate his first game is a bit of a head scratcher.

Jones got the same treatment. The blame for our underperforming midfield seems to fall at the shoulders of the young blokes.

Clarko is a straight up flog , “usually we give 1st games 2-3-4 games in a row to acquit themselves” absolute liar. Morrison the vanilla spud keeps getting gifted games.
Seems like a pretty harsh way of talking about our coach- definitely don't agree with Finn being dropped, but who knows- there are all kinds of reasons that go into a selected team.
For all we know Morrison is currently playing for his career and is getting afforded that chance over someone who is secured for next year. With Finn being an emergency there's every chance he's a late in.

Given there's still some ambiguity over Howe's contract next season I'd say they're either sure he won't be on the list next season, or they don't think he will be adding value going forward. Finn is very hard done by, but sometimes it be that way
I'm hoping we can send off two club greats with a solid win tomorrow- team's still got a bit of excitement to it!

Howe “managed”. Hilarious.

Making sure he's cherry ripe for the "Ramsgate Beep Test". Long front bar there.

Which begs the point, I'm sure they'll return home straight away, but Mad Monday will be a bit of a non event in Melbourne - assuming today's elite athletes still engage in such activity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless it’s a farewell game for Chip.....extremely disappointing to drop Finn. Seriously us supporters have had to put up with enough this year......the least the HFC could owe us is to give Finn a 2nd game. What are we achieving by playing Chip and dropping Finn???
I usually back the selection committee but this is a disgrace

This game is the farewell games for 2 players with 6 premiership medals between them. This is like the Roughy game last year against the Suns on Sunday 4.40pm at the Marvel stadium.

Of course Frawley will be back playing. Hence we need to drop 2 players to accommodate the changes.

I don't get it, why so upset with the team selection?
I thought most of people here want to lose the game to secure the higher draft pick.

Whoever plays tomorrow hopefully can put decent efforts and the fighting spirit.

Maginness not playing and Moore is??? Why we will equal North Melbourne in total changes tomorrow night/next week. Difference being ours not just players, a combination of playing list and coaching staff.

From the article - "James Frawley will also get the opportunity to farewell his premiership teammates, with the full back returning after missing last week with back soreness."

So Frawley confirmed retiring as well?

This game is the farewell games for 2 players with 6 premiership medals between them. This is like the Roughy game last year against the Suns on Sunday 4.40pm at the Marvel stadium.

Of course Frawley will be back playing. Hence we need to drop 2 players to accommodate the changes.

I don't get it, why so upset with the team selection?
I thought most of people here want to lose the game to secure the higher draft pick.

Whoever plays tomorrow hopefully can put decent efforts and the fighting spirit.
People lack patience and just want to take their frustration out on something. It litterally doesn’t matter what team is named or why, people will complain about team selections like they are going to make some dramatic difference to anything. I’m sure there is a reason he was dropped and I’m sure finn knows what it is. That’s all that really matters.

From the article - "James Frawley will also get the opportunity to farewell his premiership teammates, with the full back returning after missing last week with back soreness."

So Frawley confirmed retiring as well?
That doesn’t say he is retiring. He can play with them as they retire. However this may be his last game but possibly the decision hasn’t been made yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back