Review Good/Bad vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Another game where Schoenberg, Jones, Keays etc are shifted into minor roles so we can get the 2017 band together in the middle Yes they got the stats but were largley ineffective as a midfield group. Sloane especially.
Another game where we prioritise experience over youth and lose

Glad we got valuable experience into Mackay and Hartigan instead of Hamill and Butts. Will be great next season when one or both aren't even on the list

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

In all honesty, we have finished the season in the best possible position.

We have seen that the gameplan can work.

We have got games into the kids.

We have the first picks in the ND and the Pre-Season draft.

I'm optimistic.
Yep. We will be adding heaps of talent to our squad. We will definitely be alot better and I think in the end we are a much better team than 18th

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Give him another year but no wasting games on him if he doesnt contribute.
Jones is NOT a AFL level footballer.
Delist....an absolute SPUD.
Shocking selection.
He's absolutely useless in every sense of the word. People that say he needs time are delaying the inevitable. BUST !!!
Otherwise our kids look good.

Richmond were miles above us and the umpiring was putrid all round... we have more as a club to worry about than umpiring... kicking and hand balling to hit a target or that isn’t a hospital ball would be my 1st decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hmmm, it wasnt all round from where I was sitting.
And...yes we turned it over plenty of times too.

Fog showed a bit tonight again I reckon.

I enjoyed the game - we showed plenty. Frustrated more than anything by (once again) our Senior players dropping the ball at key moments. Lynch and Tex both kick / convert key goals in that 2nd quarter and who knows. Lynch has got to go.

And I started the year with BRodie Smith as one of my favourites, but he's dead to me now. Has been abysmal for a while and is the perfect candidate for trade bait.

Tonight’s game seems like a wasted opportunity. Could have blooded Worrell, could of played any of Hamill, Butts, McHenry, McAsey. Could of rolled Schoenberg and Jones through the middle all night instead of the Sloane, Crouch’s, Laird Midfield we seem to have settled on.

Good
McPherson showed that he is a player moving forward.
ROB. A beast. Close to All Australian squad this year.
Hartigan did enough to get another year.
Sholl was pretty good again.
Cleaned up on Richmond 20 plus. Get on them for the flag. Gamble responsibly.

Bad
Take your pick. Richmond made us look ordinary 2nd half.

Ugly
Our season. Let the fun begin at the trade and draft. Be uncompromising Adelaide.

Give him another year but no wasting games on him if he doesnt contribute.

Give him 10 years like Mackay....wont make any difference. What a waste of a top 10 pick....any Crows fans that dont think this was a complete waste know nothing about football.
He's no better than Tambling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good: Sholl with 18 disposals, 6 marks and 3 clearances as an outside mid. Will get him the rising star nomination after the furore from last week.
Nah they'll give it to Damon Greaves of Hawthorn for a 9 touch game tomorrow

Good

My multi survives after the last goal.

Bad

Reiwoldt and Dusty whinging about free kicks

Another game where we prioritise experience over youth and lose

Glad we got valuable experience into Mackay and Hartigan instead of Hamill and Butts. Will be great next season when one or both aren't even on the list
Not one young fella in the midfield the whole game.

I know I banged on about it in the game day thread, but I just can't understand it.

How was the throw by Dustin Martin on the wing.....8 replays in slow motion and all the commentators can say is "sly quick give" by Martin there.

Not 1 commentator would say the obvious.

It was a bloody throw. Sums up the VFL to a tee !!!

s**t competition run by a bank of stuck up Victorian morons.

Jones is NOT a AFL level footballer.
Delist....an absolute SPUD.
Shocking selection.
He's absolutely useless in every sense of the word. People that say he needs time are delaying the inevitable. BUST !!!
Otherwise our kids look good.
Yep, Sholl, Shoenberg, Hamill, Keays, Stengle, McAdam, McPherson all shown a ton more for less games.

Guy is a dud, but don't worry, the usual defenders will be along soon.

Chayce Jones is unfortunately reminding more and more of Mackay. Trains well, follows the gameplan, but just doesn't impact the game.

Needs to figure it out quickly.

I thought we moved the ball well most of the night and matched them in pressure. Unfortunately it was that last line kick inside 50 or at goal that we were a bit sloppy in. Good example is that kick from McAdam to Berg in the last that just went over his head. Or Berg just missing that set shot in the first. Lynch missing a goal he usually always kicks. Richmond didn’t miss those chance.

Lots of improvement in the 2nd half of the season, especially the last 5 games and plenty to take into 2021. The biggest improvement for me has been our pressure on the opposition, I don’t remember us being good in that area even when we were a good side. Ball movement from D50 to I50 has looked so much better with the likes of Sholl, Hamill and McPherson in the side too.

I think Nicks is taking us in a good direction and we now have pick 1, maybe pick 2 and pick 8, along with a number of NGAs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. ROB a smokey for AA next season.

How was the throw by Dustin Martin on the wing.....8 replays in slow motion and all the commentators can say is "sly quick give" by Martin there.

Not 1 commentator would say the obvious.

It was a bloody throw. Sums up the VFL to a tee !!!

sh*t competition run by a bank of stuck up Victorian morons.
He threw it almost every "handball"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back