Autopsy Round 18, 2020: St.Kilda v GWS *MARSHALL 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

3bc20f5e477e3990702a449d237fa538.jpg

What a fantastic night for the club yesterday. It's been a long time coming but it feels bloody good now. Steele is an absolute star, my man love grows everyday for him. Was really nervous going into the game and started drinking early and couldn't post a thing last night. Having read almost every single message here and it is so heartning to see the joy this board has experienced over the past 24hrs.

Our young team has taken another step and it's only onwards and upwards from here on for the mighty Saints..Go you good things..

On ONEPLUS A5000 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey, hey...hey...

...how good was paddy

giphy (34).gif

Has BF been down George or did we all just get too pissed and went to bed?
Fell asleep at page seven and work up at 5am on the couch under a blanket with the phone in me hand

I blame Jamison

Hes absolutely elite. Imagine going for a run with him. Fuucccckkkk you'd be spent a minute in.
Yeah you see him down in the defensive goal square and you think - why would he take the kick in and the next thing he's up on the wing running past after someone else took the kick in. He's going to be absolutely lethal at Docklands with longer qtr's.

He's still a work in progress but his work in traffic is so good, a couple of times he wriggled out of traffic amongst a heap of Giants and gets a kick away when it looked like there were nothing but HB options. I remember him in the All Stars game doing the same stuff, just Pendles style slowing play around him.
When hunter and coffield were both drafted very few people on here were happy.

My wife and I trekked to the top of Bluff Knoll near Albany yesterday in honor of a friend of hers who is terminally ill. I wore my Saints fleecy as a support and we both enjoyed our win immensely last night with sore legs. Tonight we are going to the appropriately named Rats Bar in Albany to celebrate in style. Congratulations to all Saints supporters for sticking fat over the years and I feel we are building to something special in the next few years. The team song last night is an indication of unity in our club and augurs well for the future. Go Saints and go all Sainters.

I was stoked with Hunter but not thrilled with Coffield. I’m now stoked with both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanted Clark, didn't think Coffield was the right pick being another HBF and didn't overly rate him. I was wr wr wr wrong. But that's the only time ever.

Not much mention of Roughead's influence, I don't think it's any coincidence that our forward line looked as good as it's looked since we played in Melbourne.

What the Big Rough doesn't know about forward line craft isn't worth knowing, Membrey and King looked better and our small forwards were in the right areas.

Even though he isn't on the field he has a big influence, he makes us a 5 goal better team.

My wife and I trekked to the top of Bluff Knoll near Albany yesterday in honor of a friend of hers who is terminally ill. I wore my Saints fleecy as a support and we both enjoyed our win immensely last night with sore legs. Tonight we are going to the appropriately named Rats Bar in Albany to celebrate in style. Congratulations to all Saints supporters for sticking fat over the years and I feel we are building to something special in the next few years. The team song last night is an indication of unity in our club and augurs well for the future. Go Saints and go all Sainters.

Was it snowing when you made it to the top of Bluff Knoll? I've trekked up there and it was snowing, it's about the only place it snows in WA.

The Stirling Ranges and the Porongarups are great places to go trekking.

Just re-watching myself…

Late in the 1st - Lonie clearly injured, hobbling around and fortunately takes a diving mark from what would have been deliberate if not marked…

BT carrying on like an absolute cabbage

"Have a look at this, Brad Hill desperately trying to say he's injured and "I'll take the kick", and he's talked the umpire into it…

I think a very, very good decision by Lonie to give the ball to this man…

What a trasnfer of the free kick

So smart thinking by Hill, to get over there, I think he almost talked Lonie into going off the field as well, which was the right thing to do."

:oops:

Where do you even start with that rubbish?

Lonie was in the hands of the trainer and could barely stand on his own and had to go off the ground, Hill was clearly the closest player so takes the kick as per the rules.

Q 2. 12.58 rem.

Heath Shaw really close to ending Butlers career with a deliberate sliding leg breaker…

BT
“Shaw just wanted to go more now… he’s been penalised for taking his feet.

Duck (voice of reason)
“That’s why the rule came in.”

Daisy
“Professional free kick I think too, I think it was a good attempt from Shaw to hold play up."

BT
“Yep agree”

Ummm… no that's not a good attempt.

Just re-watching myself…

Late in the 1st - Lonie clearly injured, hobbling around and fortunately takes a diving mark from what would have been deliberate if not marked…

BT carrying on like an absolute cabbage

"Have a look at this, Brad Hill desperately trying to say he's injured and "I'll take the kick", and he's talked the umpire into it…

I think a very, very good decision by Lonie to give the ball to this man…

What a trasnfer of the free kick

So smart thinking by Hill, to get over there, I think he almost talked Lonie into going off the field as well, which was the right thing to do."

:oops:

Where do you even start with that rubbish?

Lonie was in the hands of the trainer and could barely stand on his own and had to go off the ground, Hill was clearly the closest player so takes the kick as per the rules.

BT is a dropkick at the best of times, just be thankful we don't still have BIG BOY MCEVOY in our team.

Would be great if we beat Collingwood in a final with BT commentating, he would be sooking it up big time.

Q 2. 12.58 rem.

Heath Shaw really close to ending Butlers career with a deliberate sliding leg breaker…

BT

Duck (voice of reason)

Daisy
“Professional free kick I think too, I think it was a good attempt from Shaw to hold play up."

BT
“Yep agree”

The commentary last night was horrific.

All these ch7 games might be great commercially, but I really miss the fox commentators.

Q 2. 12.58 rem.

BT

Duck (voice of reason)

Daisy

BT
“Yep agree”

BT seemed very off last night. Towards the end it sounded like he thought the game we were playing was a final.

The commentary last night was horrific.

All these ch7 games might be great commercially, but I really miss the fox commentators.

Bruce and BT need to be put out to pasture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back