NRL NRL 2020 Season - Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

It depends, the NRL referees are on the Parra train but if the NRL decide they don’t want Brisbane to get the spoon, they’d be in trouble

Doubt Parra have won a game without a lopsided penalty count in their favour this year
Parramatta V Manly - Round 4. Pens 4-4.
Parramatta V Canberra - Round 7. Pens Canberra 4-3.
Parramatta V Nth QLD - Round 8. Pens 3-3.
Parramatta V Newcastle - Round 9. Pens Newcastle 6-4.
Parramatta V Brisbane - Round 19. Pens Brisbane 6-3.

Parramatta V Manly - Round 4. Pens 4-4.
Parramatta V Canberra - Round 7. Pens Canberra 4-3.
Parramatta V Nth QLD - Round 8. Pens 3-3.
Parramatta V Newcastle - Round 9. Pens Newcastle 6-4.
Parramatta V Brisbane - Round 19. Pens Brisbane 6-3.

But even last night it was 7-2 on set restarts so hardly a one sided refereeing against poor Parra

I’d imagine their yearly differential would make eagles games look fair

But even last night it was 7-2 on set restarts so hardly a one sided refereeing against poor Parra

I’d imagine their yearly differential would make eagles games look fair
So you’ve been proven incorrect and now you changing the rules. You are as pathetic and as petty as Trump.

Parra have received more penalties than anyone in the comp.

I’m not sure what their differential is but for context they’ve basically had twice as many penalties as the team ranked 16th
It happens every year. A team will finish the season with the most penalties. Ocassionally it will Parramatta who finishes with the most penalties. And maybe 2020 will be one of those years.

I’m not denying we’ve had a few really lopsided penalty counts go our way, but to say we can’t win without the refs help is petty.

It happens every year. A team will finish the season with the most penalties. Ocassionally it will Parramatta who finishes with the most penalties. And maybe 2020 will be one of those years.

I’m not denying we’ve had a few really lopsided penalty counts go our way, but to say we can’t win without the refs help is petty.

I agree. But there are definitely teams that seem to struggle to get a fair shot from the refs from time to time. I don’t think it’s a global conspiracy to favour one team over another but I think league referees subconsciously are aware of habits of certain teams and police them more strictly.

Speaking as an outsider, I would say that the Sharks and Warriors are two teams that spring to mind who seldom get much favour from the officials.

Speaking as an outsider, I would say that the Sharks and Warriors are two teams that spring to mind who seldom get much favour from the officials.

Tevaga coming out during the week saying it's like 14 v 13 each week. I noticed Proctor given a try yesterday despite the Warriors having one taken off them in similar circumstances just a couple of weeks ago.

A winning Warriors is as good for the code as a winning Broncos.

I suspect NRL bigwigs might not agree with that.

But, saying that, in sport as in life generally, I find it best to avoid the assumption of conspiracy.

Yet at the end of the day, every umpire or referee in sport grew up supporting a team and there is no doubt a bias exists for those teams.

As for the league, well they constantly put the same teams in the prime time spots and the same referees get their games, even if it's not a league bias of we need the Broncos to win, what you get is referees become friendly with the same teams and they will be more inclined to officiate them a certain way.

This happens at every level of sport, you see it regularly even down at the amateur level.

But when you see the same referees favor the same teams and the same results occur, its hard to not question some support of it from the highest levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same old Ricky Stuart.
spitting the dummy and throwing water bottles.

The bloke may not have been off-side, but the tactics of his side were crap. Hair pulling, laying all over the ptb and generally slowing the game down. Got massive leg ups right through the 2nd half and of course your standard bunker balls ups which went their way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back