We are better off in 5th than 4th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th is a chance with 2 games to decide it. Geelong may easily lose to Sydney and as discussed, Richmond might lose to Adelaide.
Geelong and Richmond will be thinking about finals and preserving their bodies a bit. Might be their undoing.

Adelaide and Sydney players are playing for a spot on the shortened lists next year.

I am guessing 5th though.

I'd say it's a 90% chance we finish 5th.

The other clubs aren't really playing for a lot, unless they get joy from ruining someone else's season.

Still I'd take the double chance over everything else.

So if we finish 5th we play Collingwood or the Bulldogs. Tbh I think I’d be more confident against the Pies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are way off it atm. Too many injuries and small forwards are horrid bar Ryan. Top 2 was our only chance and that has gone. Plus conditions in Brisbane clearly don't suit our game style. On our day we can beat anyone but we will need to have our day 3 games in a row away from home with an injury ravelled side. Not going to happen but hoping it somehow does

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go the Bloods!!!
Selwood and Ablett back don't like the Swans chances.

Other than our wins, I can’t think of a single ******* result that has gone our way over the past two weeks. Perhaps even the past month.

Just needed one or two of the really close results in other games to go the another way (or JD to kick straight), and we’d be sitting pretty in the top 4.

It’s just the luck of things sometimes. That coupled with our horrid injuries at the wrong time of year.

The footy gods seem pissed about something we’ve done.

Really hope freo can do us a favour and eliminate the dogs. Would far rather face Melbourne in the elimination final.

Two 5th place finishes in a row basically equates to two wasted years in a row.

The list is easily top 4 material so this is a bit of a failure, really. Big pressure in 2021.

Yes and no.

People were saying at the beginning of the year that it is flag or bust with us this year, which is a bit of an extreme reaction.

After round 4, we were looking at having a season akin to the one GWS had. Imagine all the pressure on the club and Simmo if we missed finals this year?

We should easily account for whoever we play in the elimination final and then the real fight starts.

Measure of a successful season for us should be PF in my opinion.

Our list is easily too 4 if you only look at best 22. What was abundantly clear is outside of our best 15 players, we don’t have enough players who are ready to step in and play a role.

We beat St Kilda with a huge injury toll. It was our finest win since the Grand Final. We also beat them with 5 guys. Naitanui, Kelly, Gaff, Barrass and Ryan.

What we do know is we can’t just tread water in the off season. We have bring in guys who improve our list from day 1. Can’t expect too much natural development from too many currently on our list.

Year is far from over but we are fighting an uphill battle from here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back