Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Lions v Blues Sat September 19th 7:40pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is Brisbane the worst minor premier in the history of the VFL/AFL?

Can't wait for that thread to be up if Port lose out.

Duggo81

Debutant
Sep 6, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Cameron Rayner is developing very nicely a slow burn it has been so far but you can just see how good he is going to be. Next year or maybe for Lions fans sake this finals series can be his breakout to the elite bracket. He is the one to take them to the next level.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I see massive upside. Still young in football terms
Not sure which other gc suns players have been wildly inconsistent and then found solid form on moving clubs.
Cal ah chee potentially the only one I can think of. Charlie Dixon this year yes but it was always injury that held him back.

When jack tries hard he can be really good. Maybe if he’s happier it will start to happen more often.

didn’t help him that he played half forward, half back, inside mid for us. Leaving him at half forward - clearly his best position, will make his job easier.

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Why are we keeping Betts & Murphy next year?

It's a real concern. Still can't see why Teague thinks Betts is best 22. Murphy constantly getting shrugged off in tackles and shitting his pants under pressure. Especially when he is taking midfield minutes off one of our kids when seem adamant should all develop off half back or as forward pockets.

Loved this from Lappin. Spot on, we have lost numerous games this year in selection.

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Has been occurring for 2 years and not many have picked up on it, due to their irrelevance. If Brisbane win a final or 2 people will finally see it, but I'm guessing they don't get the same frees in finals and go straight sets again.

West Coast fan complaining about a home team getting too many unwarranted free kicks hahahahaha. I have heard it all now.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
It's a real concern. Still can't see why Teague thinks Betts is best 22. Murphy constantly getting shrugged off in tackles and shitting his pants under pressure. Especially when he is taking midfield minutes off one of our kids when seem adamant should all develop off half back or as forward pockets.

Loved this from Lappin. Spot on, we have lost numerous games this year in selection.

Good points IMO

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Good points IMO

100%.

Calls during the week by some that Kennedy should be delisted. Apparently doesn't even have trade value :/

People are quick to bag kids like Polson who are developing but seem happy to give Murphy, McGovern and Betts a pass week after week.

Drives me mad

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
100%.

Calls during the week by some that Kennedy should be delisted. Apparently doesn't even have trade value :/

People are quick to bag kids like Polson who are developing but seem happy to give Murphy, McGovern and Betts a pass week after week.

Drives me mad

Betts and Murphy certainly don’t step up when needed. McGovern has ability but needs to go back and get fit and prove he wants it

I thought Kennedy was good last night

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Betts and Murphy certainly don’t step up when needed. McGovern has ability but needs to go back and get fit and prove he wants it

I thought Kennedy was good last night

Who would have thought playing an inside midfielder in the midfield would have resulted in a good game. :p

I don't know if we can fit Setterfield, Cripps and Kennedy in there is the issue. Plus Teague seems adamant Murphy will play there so makes it impossible.

In reality to me it should be one of Cripps/Curnow and Kennedy/Setterfield with some pace around them. Playing Cripps, Curnow, Setterfield and Murphy in there is scary slow and happened far too often this year.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Next Years midfield options

Cripps
Setterfield
Williams
Walsh
Honey
Kemp
Kennedy
Gibbons
Dow
Jack
Charlie
Martin
Curnow
Stocker
LOB
Williamson
SPS
Jack
Philp
Ramsay
Cuningham
Cottrell

😎 All with massive upside from what they produced this year
Only need 5-6 of these to step up and go to the A Grade/Elite level. Of all of these only Curnow has reached his peak. That’s why I have so much hope for 2021

With this I agree with Lappin. Need to be more mobile

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Next Years midfield options

Cripps
Setterfield
Williams
Walsh
Honey
Kemp
Kennedy
Gibbons
Dow
Jack
Charlie
Martin
Curnow
Stocker
LOB
Williamson
SPS
Jack
Philp
Ramsay
Cuningham
Cottrell

😎 All with massive upside from what they produced this year
Only need 5-6 of these to step up and go to the A Grade/Elite level. Of all of these only Curnow has reached his peak. That’s why I have so much hope for 2021

I'm not sold on Williams and less sold on Saad.

Williams has trouble staying on the park and durability has a massive premium with list sizes potentially reducing.

Saad went to Essendon over us. Made his bed now lie in it. Plus trading with Dodo is a waste of time and effort. (I don't believe he is a free agent).

Thoughts on Ramsay?

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm not sold on Williams and less sold on Saad.

Williams has trouble staying on the park and durability has a massive premium with list sizes potentially reducing.

Saad went to Essendon over us. Made his bed now lie in it. Plus trading with Dodo is a waste of time and effort. (I don't believe he is a free agent).

Thoughts on Ramsay?

IMO Williams is perfect for us and a FA. Saad deal wasn’t his fault. He wanted us

Both would add to our quality depth

Ramsay with Honey was our best in pre season. Tough, no fear and can find it. Suffered like to many others without reserves after being injured. I expect big improvement next year

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
IMO Williams is perfect for us and a FA. Saad deal wasn’t his fault. He wanted us

Both would add to our quality depth

Ramsay with Honey was our best in pre season. Tough, no fear and can find it. Suffered like to many others without reserves. I expect big improvement next year

Bit unlucky with Philp and Ramsay not getting much out of the reserves. Will be interesting how they go next year with Kemp.

That being said we still don't know what reserves will be next year. We really need our own side.

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
For all the talk of recruits our biggest improvement will be internal. Apart from Curnow not one mid has hit their peak.

I expect names like Kemp Dow Philp Ramsay Honey to play many games next year

Our own reserves run by Luke Power in 2021 will help a lot

Is our own reserves confirmed?

That would be huge

Back