2020/21 Scottish Football Thread - On beIN Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

And the Hibees are on fire too.
I said it earlier this season but I reckon they'll be a tidy wee outfit, minimal changes and been building for a few years, bit o chemistry out there. it would be really good for the game to see them finish top two.

I guess you are into Scottish fiction, Mr / Ms Scottishfiction. I have just finished From Scenes Like These by Gordon Williams - an outstanding book which reflects the Ayrshire of the 1950s, a little depressing though in how the main character drops any attempt at ethics by the end of the book and just becomes a super-lad like all the others. The author should have set it in a real town too. Also I read most of Alan Spence's Its Colours They are Fine. I grew up in Australia but moved back to Scotland, what's your story if I may ask?

True story: I was walking through the old canal railway path in Paisley not far from the West Primary School and the tower block. There is an undercover bridge. Two young guys, early-20s, were street-drinking there mid-afternoon. We started chatting. One guy said he was visiting from Dundee. I asked: "Dundee United or Dundee?" He said: "Neither, I'm Hibs", with a big grin as they are now doing so well. We guessed each other's ages just for a laugh. He said I looked 37 when I'm 51 so I walked away happy.

I guess you are into Scottish fiction, Mr / Ms Scottishfiction. I have just finished From Scenes Like These by Gordon Williams - an outstanding book which reflects the Ayrshire of the 1950s, a little depressing though in how the main character drops any attempt at ethics by the end of the book and just becomes a super-lad like all the others. The author should have set it in a real town too. Also I read most of Alan Spence's Its Colours They are Fine. I grew up in Australia but moved back to Scotland, what's your story if I may ask?

True story: I was walking through the old canal railway path in Paisley not far from the West Primary School and the tower block. There is an undercover bridge. Two young guys, early-20s, were street-drinking there mid-afternoon. We started chatting. One guy said he was visiting from Dundee. I asked: "Dundee United or Dundee?" He said: "Neither, I'm Hibs", with a big grin as they are now doing so well. We guessed each other's ages just for a laugh. He said I looked 37 when I'm 51 so I walked away happy.
got a thing with a Scots girl.

big part of my heritage too. and I just like football and always like regionalisms and that sort of thing in books and poems and music, and (especially Central Belt) Scottish love dropping that sort of thing in. Arab Strap, Alan Bissett and that sort of thing. always liked their outlook and humility to life. and their drinking...

my name's taken from a song by the band Idlewild, big in the early 2000s, formed in Edinburgh but members are mostly Glaswegian.

Dundee United were once Dundee Hibernian werent they?

got a thing with a Scots girl.

big part of my heritage too. and I just like football and always like regionalisms and that sort of thing in books and poems and music, and (especially Central Belt) Scottish love dropping that sort of thing in. Arab Strap, Alan Bissett and that sort of thing. always liked their outlook and humility to life. and their drinking...

my name's taken from a song by the band Idlewild, big in the early 2000s, formed in Edinburgh but members are mostly Glaswegian.

Best wishes with your romance, mate. It's not a bad life here really, a two-bedroom tenement costs only £50,000; and I like the cold. Endless grey skies can be a bit hard to take but you learn not to look upwards! Pubs and soccer are the highlights, even the idiosyncrasies of Scottish football are mostly captivating and entertaining. Do you watch Peter and Roughie's Football Show daily on internet?

Ross County won 1-0 at St. Johnstone to remain in 5th and extend the gap between them and the relegation spots to 6pts. It's been a positive start to the season for the Staggies.

Best wishes with your romance, mate. It's not a bad life here really, a two-bedroom tenement costs only £50,000; and I like the cold. Endless grey skies can be a bit hard to take but you learn not to look upwards! Pubs and soccer are the highlights, even the idiosyncrasies of Scottish football are mostly captivating and entertaining. Do you watch Peter and Roughie's Football Show daily on internet?
I like the cold too but also easy to cop it when you can go to the continent a few times over summer and not just your local beach... thanks for the well wishes.

Motherwell put 3 past Aberdeen at Pittodrie, all inside the first 25 minutes. Aberdeen didn't trouble the Motherwell Goalkeeper at all.

That's a bit of shock considering the early performances of both teams.

*in Hibbees man cost me my multi. a pretty entertaining game actually but a few shocking scrambles on the goal line. was good to watch, those two teams play a pretty good standard of football and had heaps of attack.

fu**in Hibbees man cost me my multi. a pretty entertaining game actually but a few shocking scrambles on the goal line. was good to watch, those two teams play a pretty good standard of football and had heaps of attack.

The Aussie strikers make a huge difference - Boyle at Hibs and previously Dykes at Livingston. Hard to find good Scottish strikers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The next Highland team to make it to the Premiership could be Cove Rangers. Last season was their first season in the Scottish Football League after winning the Highland League in 2019, and they were leading League Two comfortably when Covid struck. This season they have won their first three games and are already stating to open a gap between themselves and the other teams in League One. Its early in the season, but they look a real chance of making it three promotions in three seasons.

Ross County defeated Celtic 2-0 at Celtic Park in the League Cup this morning. Of course losing to the Staggies means the Celtic Manager's head must roll. :rolleyes:

It is Ross County's first ever victory at Celtic Park.
It is Celtic's first domestic cup defeat in 36 games going back to 2016 Scottish Cup Semi Final against Rangers.
It is Celtic's first League Cup defeat since losing to Ross County in January 2016, meaning we are the only team to have beaten them in the League Cup in the last seven seasons.
It is the first time since January 1958 that Celtic have lost four straight games at home.

Today, I'll be that little bit happier being a Staggies fan.

1606686528606.png

Well the SPL kicks off it’s new season tonight with Celtic gunning for a record 10th in a row. Really feel it will be a question of by how much over Rangers.

Don’t want to go too early but at the moment it’s looking like you mixed up Celtic and Rangers. Rangers are on fire!

Things aren't looking great for the Staggies in the League, a 2-0 loss to Aberdeen means we have claimed 2pts from our last 9 games and have now dropped to the bottom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back