Review Round 18 vs Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval (20/9/20 - 1:05pm)

Quite disappointing. Ended the year the way they started it, with a terrible performance.

But there has been improvements this year. The way they have played. The pressure they put (usually) on the opposition. The growth in players have been massive. Hasn't all been a disappointment. Have been in more games than not. Should have won about 8 games, given the draw and the losing a few by less than a kick.

They need to take the next step next season. Be more consistent. Be more physical, don't stop the pressure and running.. Another pre-season will help no doubt.
Onwards and upwards boys.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If Harbs retires after this then we have let him down. If he was to retire it should have been announced during the week so he got the limelight he
I can only assume he's playing on given he played today as normal.

mind you Harbrow hates the limelight.
Didn’t he reject a VC due to attention

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
If Harbs retires after this then we have let him down. If he was to retire it should have been announced during the week so he got the limelight he deserved.

I can only assume he's playing on given he played today as normal.

Either way this is bad

If they don't know he's done, the club is dead set asleep at the wheel and maybe Dew doesn't have the balls to actually have that conversation and is hiding behind Cameron to make the call for him

If they know he's done and just haven't told him then that is disrespectful for what he has done for the club

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
True but I can’t recall it happening against other teams.

oh well. Normal transmission resuming.

Suns supporters only period of joy coming up... the Draft where hope shines eternal.

We need a decent trade period.

Time for drafting is done. Need to bring in some AFL standard experience to turf the old blokes out.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
It was 1 of 3 games this year that we’ve been beaten by more than 30+

We lost 11 games by 30+ last season.

Some perspective people. Worst case scenario is we slip to 15th and get pick 4. I’ve seen enough from our young guys to know we’re looking good for 2021.
Mate this loss is totally unacceptable, no ifs buts or maybes. Glass half full is for minions not winners

Also, we still finished outside the bottom 4. Improvement!

Sucky last 5 games of the season though, North aside.

Sydney might have a say in that

In saying that, I’m happy for the higher pick and Geelong not to get the double chance so might be the silver lining of the day.

It was 1 of 3 games this year that we’ve been beaten by more than 30+

We lost 11 games by 30+ last season.

Some perspective people. Worst case scenario is we slip to 15th and get pick 4. I’ve seen enough from our young guys to know we’re looking good for 2021.
exactly. Change does not happen overnight, and they have taken a step in the right direction. 5 and a half wins v 3. Percentage is higher. Have been in more games than not. Only really this one, port and carlton have been the worst.
Its the long game. Good improvement signs. Next year will just be even better.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Think we're all entitled to be bitter after that game, but yes, need to keep the whole picture in mind.

Hopefully the Coaches learn a lot from the season too, mostly playing the same guys every game. Even if they are ticking all the boxes in training, we can clearly see fatigue during actual games. Must learn to rotate some in and out.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
exactly. Change does not happen overnight, and they have taken a step in the right direction. 5 and a half wins v 3. Percentage is higher. Have been in more games than not. Only really this one, port and carlton have been the worst.
Its the long game. Good improvement signs. Next year will just be even better.

Brisbane, Giants and to a lesser extent the Cats games were also hard to watch.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Think we're all entitled to be bitter after that game, but yes, need to keep the whole picture in mind.

Hopefully the Coaches learn a lot from the season too, mostly playing the same guys every game. Even if they are ticking all the boxes in training, we can clearly see fatigue during actual games. Must learn to rotate some in and out.
Yup, Don't have the emotional capacity or sleep level to be dealing with any of this today.

I'm checking out before I say something in response to something that i regret later.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast

The lack of player rotations was beyond belief.

Back