Autopsy Round 18, 2020: The Stratton and Poppy show dials down the Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure they said on the Fox footy coverage that Gunners is on 398 goals, if he had not passed to Stratts he was shooting for 399.
He has listed only the goals for Hawthorn. He kicked some for Adelaide.

If Geelong lose this and miss the double
chance this would be a great ending.
Great did you just say Great?

Talk about an understatement if the Handbaggers lost and miss the top 4 as well as us keeping the number 3 draft pick, it would be more than great.

I would get a Boner a cat could not scratch.

We bookended the season pantsing both Qld teams but apart from Richmond we were generally poo.

Super happy Stratts got his second goal in footy today, wrapped PoP kicked a few and that was about it as we didn't want to win. But a few non descripts also contributed. Which makes list management harder.

I'll be honest and say last three games saw more hope than previous six before that... perhaps 10.

We are where we are. sydney's tried early for a miracle but does it last who knows... it's dieing by the minute atm.

Went into the game a part of the close loss and get pick 3 club, but that game put a smile on my face. Amazing way to send them off. Dyl Moore showing people the reason he was drafted, workrate and smarts. Forward pocket can be a graveyard in a poor team, but he showed that he’s always been a midfielder who can be dangerous when going forward. Greaves is a player, rarely gets beaten, rarely wastes it, what a find. Cuz showing that he’s not just an inside mid but he has abit of pace and can really link up and use the ball effectively, I think he’s shown he brings something different to our midfield mix.

Folks if you aren’t a very proud HAWK today, then you don’t have a heart. They were very good. Yes the oppo was fair at best, but we sent off two rippers in style today.
I’ll put my hand up. Early on in the game I was feeling so confused that we would upset our draft situation and wasn’t getting excited as the Suns were so poor..

But in the end what a result! So much love for Poppy and Stratts and the culture a win like that demonstrated is worth more than any draft pick could offer- unbelievable effort from the club!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe I was so happy for Stratts and Poppy I was laughing along with the absolute dregs of the commentary crop. Kelly(?), Dwayne, David King and Roo couldn't even bring my mood down. All they were missing was the Mayor of Perth droopy-nose Basil.
Thanks for the memories #24 and #28. Always Hawthorn.🦅

Woot! Great way to finish the year. Great win. Love that we don’t tank like others have in the past. I know we played the kids and were more focused on development than winning in the last 6-8 games but we went out there to honour the club and honour some greats today. Sweet win gents.

A Great day for the club! To fairwell a few premiership legends in fashion! Classy send off similar to Roughy departure.
The club has come along way since the departures of Mitchy,Lewis,Hodgey.

The best news, some great signs from the new generation - Greaves,Moore. 21,25 touches respectively. Slot them in next to Day,Scrimshaw next yr.
Worpel leads the nnew breed and we suddenly have 5 blokes u 22 that are regulars with the draft to come.
Looking forward to 2021 i think we can be very competitive mid table.

If Dylan Moore wasn’t going to be on the list in 2021, then surely he wouldn’t have played today if that was the case? Career best game!

25 disposals - 8 marks - 5 inside 50s - 1 goal

North had a few youngsters who played this round who were delisted. I don’t think he’s safe, he was everywhere in the first half and is so much better up the field, isn’t a small forward. His kicking is way off AFL standard right now and with smaller lists I reckon he’s a real 50/50 to be on it next year.

That was a lot of fun. Carnival style like the Suns game for Roughy last year.
I was dancing around the living room playing the air trombone when Stratts doubled his career goals tally.
Every player on our team was determined to give Poppy and Stratts a proper farewell and played their hearts out.
Days like today are why we follow sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back