Autopsy Swans Vs Geelong Rnd 18

Troystenvic

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Well played by the swans. A stroke of genius....

Pushed a top four side for the vast majority of the game and we're still able to retain a very good position in the draft.

Rued a few misses in the first half but I've loved the effort and willingness to take a game on.

Hopefully a good off-season and we can come out in 2021 and put the competition on notice.

Draw would have been gold. oh well

Had we taken our chances we probably would've won, amazingly.

I can't criticise too much of our efforts beyond Papley's goalkicking and the Hayward move. Most of the team played very well, I loved the way we moved the ball off half-back in particular. In the end experience won the day.

mcartin smashed hawkins

rowbottom and j mac my favourite young mids

dawson was good

look id rather win, but cant fault the effort all things considered

i think kennedy is still important to us

my main gripe- papley kick a drop,punt

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Was good to see what the team was capable of even with a number of important missing pieces. Stephens went well today, as did pretty much our whole backline.

Still pissing blood a bit at all the gimmies missed in the first quarter from 25 out straight in front.

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Great game, sucks to lose but pick 3 is a nice consolation. To push a top 4 side like that, with some absolutely knackered young players, there's plenty of positives.

Rowbottom, McInerney, McCartin. Kennedy looked like he's got another year. When Blakey plays well, we play well - just need to keep him in the game for more than a quarter.

Desperately need a big strong key forward but Aliir wasn't bad, particularly in the first quarter. I quite like him forward and McCartin back.

Quiet game from Rowbottom but nearly pulled off the miracle.

McInerney is an absolute find. Two huge goals to pump up the blood. He is gonna be a star.

Dawson, Lloyd, Mills were all great off half-back, Parker excellent in the guts.

McCartin did an excellent job on Hawkins in a matchup I feared would be far too much for him. His last six weeks has been outstanding.

Papley, Papley, Papley. Almost a 6-7 goal game! 2.5 and I think most of that 5 was gettable too. If only! Apart from goalkicking he was fantastic.

It pissed me off cause we should have won that. So much to be happy for but it's the same s**t that cost us. No killer instinct, no legs, inaccuracy in front of goal, goalless quarters. It is just so frustrating

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Let's be honest... The list of players we put out most weeks has no right to be as competitive as they were. There's obviously a shitload of self belief amongst the playing group and kids can just come in and immediately play a role from day one.

And we ended the season with a loss, but the kind that makes you want to get straight into next year. Bring on 2021

Swan4Life

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Great effort again, our kids play with a tonne of heart.

Rowbum, McInerney, McCartin, Dawson, Blakey, Hayward, Florent, Stephens all contributed.

Mills has been superb alll season, and Melican has gotten his confidence back.

I think we have gained two legitimate best 22 players in Fox and Thurlow.

Papley could have won it today but I will gladly trade wins this season for wins next season.

I am happy with our list build so far, and it is just about to get a whole lot better.

Over to you Kinnear!

Back