Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Swans v Cats Sun September 20th 3:35pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BartBart

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 30, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Not exactly a fair representation of what actually happened but don’t let the facts get in the way

Watch the replay and tell me what part was wrong.

(Read back through the discussion to see my explanation of what happened. The last post was saying what would be allowed if you allowed the Hawkins "mark")

Not really, I mean if the Dockers beat the Dogs I'd have prefer Melbourne to play Geelong over the Eagles.
0-7

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.
Ha!

Thought you'd all be watching the WB v Freo game.
(It is before 3/4 time after all :p)
I am watching it champ. I can multitask .. heard of that?

challenge for ya. .. watch a game , read bigfooty... and cry at the same time...cmon !! You can do it !!

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
I'd rather play the Cats if I were Port. Yes, Geelong might hit top gear in finals and if they do, look out, but their form the past two rounds haven't been great, and historically they're awful after the bye. The Tigers, on the other hand, could beat anyone, anywhere, barring West Coast in Perth imo.
tiges could pop wc in perth this year.

esp with no yeo who i suspect wont be seen again this season.

OwnSupply

Debutant
May 23, 2011
In The Can
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Than god that's over. That was the most one sided umpiring against Geelong I have seen.
Maybe if Hawkins stopped b!tching and squealing at the umpires every time he is in any kind of contest and it doesn't go his way Geelong might get a better run from the umpires. FMD he just never stops.

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
just my 5c worth having watched the whole game as a neutral supporter who had financial investment in the game relying on geelong to win HTH
in 3 multis,so i was glued..ok here goes
;)
1/first of all Myers failure to register even a point from 35 out was pathetic,did he not realise the importance of even getting a point ?WTF
2/ As ive stressed in a few posts over the years elsewhere Dangerfield,Martin and Petracca are a level above ALL other midfielders in this competition imo based purely that they are the only 3 mids capable of going fwd and singlehandedly changing the outcome of a game
3/Ablett's class was an obvious standout,the rest of the pack except for Papley and Dangerfield are all battlers in comparison
4/in saying that Swans have the better younger players
5/Geelongs rucks are woeful, Sinclair gave sydney silver spoon service time after time especially in the first half,Blicavs ,NO
6/ are Steven,Miers,Dahlhaus,Touhy,Bews,Henderson,Henry,O'connor ,Ratougalea and Parfitt capable of going up a level with theyre disposal when the gas is really turned up???

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Honestly, so they play Danger forward if they play Richmond again? They need an edge.

Sydney are everything you want in a rebuild, young kids showing something all over and super competitive and keen.
Considering the side we've been able to put out most weeks it's hard to be disappointed with our season despite finishing bottom 4. We've rarely been uncompetitive and have still been in with a chance late in almost every game.

May 19, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
just my 5c worth having watched the whole game as a neutral supporter who had financial investment in the game relying on geelong to win HTH
in 3 multis,so i was glued..ok here goes
;)
1/first of all Myers failure to register even a point from 35 out was pathetic,did he not realise the importance of even getting a point ?WTF
2/ As ive stressed in a few posts over the years elsewhere Dangerfield,Martin and Petracca are a level above ALL other midfielders in this competition imo based purely that they are the only 3 mids capable of going fwd and singlehandedly changing the outcome of a game
3/Ablett's class was an obvious standout,the rest of the pack except for Papley and Dangerfield are all battlers in comparison
4/in saying that Swans have the better younger players
5/Geelongs rucks are woeful, Sinclair gave sydney silver spoon service time after time especially in the first half,Blicavs ,NO
6/ are Steven,Miers,Dahlhaus,Touhy,Bews,Henderson,Henry,O'connor ,Ratougalea and Parfitt capable of going up a level with theyre disposal when the gas is really turned up???
Some really good points here. I actually didn’t even think there was that much heat in the game, in comparison to our games against Richmond, Western Bulldogs and Brisbane and Port (at least early), and we were much better in those, except the abhorent Tigers game. There are definitie question marks about our ability under pressure, but it feels like a belief issue as at times under extreme heat we’ve been quite this year. We had a lot of odd performances today as well, but Ruck is a massive issue. Thought Selwood looked better as game went on, as did Parfitt, but Guthrie, Danger, Duncan and Menegola were generally poor through midfield under heat. Looking forward to seeing if we’ve actually improved and made any inroads during finals from the last few years. Ah well, we are there and lots of teams would like to be in that position, with plenty of upside and we know our players are capable - wait and see if they turn up though

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
The question is did he touch the ball before landing back on the ground? Many players complete their mark on the ground
No he didn't

20200920_192531.jpg

The VFL made sure the Tigers didn't have to play Eagles in Perth this year.
The Eagles made sure they weren’t going to play Richmond in Perth when they lost to them in Brisbane.

Back