Review Well played Bullies! Finals here we come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Other way around

Eye socket they will not let him play, cheekbone is pain management and not CAN have vision impairment
How long is each one?

From the commentary, it sounded like a cheekbone he might be available week 1 or 2 of finals? Is he any chance for late finals if it's an eye-socket?

At least they had some warning on the Crowden/Daniel match up and Bevo reacted in the second half, might have been a bit closer
with Walters and Taberner out there. Solid games from Liberatore and Hunter and injury forced a bit of experimentation along with
the late out of a tall for Fremantle. Ticked them off and had Focus and did not rely on other results which is always the best way to
go into a finals series. A bit to play out before an opponent is known, but at least we know we will have one.

Roarke Smith

Speculative draft pick - wasn't rated by most clubs
Six years on an AFL list for only 22 AFL games - and technically all those games on the rookie list (as he still is) - he had to still get redrafted on the rookie list.
This means that he's effectively had one-year contracts for every year, gotten paid as little as any league player would, and wouldn't know that if he was an AFL player for several weeks and months in the off-season.
Has torn two ACLs
Literally missed playing an AFL game and was hospitalised because another car crashed into them
On the verge of being delisted virtually every year he's been on a list
Asked to be a utility and play different roles over the course of his career

Will play his first AFL final next week.

Easton Wood showed exactly what value he continues to bring to the side tonight by allowing Beveridge the flexibility of rotating Keath, Crozier and Cordy through the forward line at various stages of the night. Without him back there I doubt Beveridge would've been too comfortable with Gardner and Cordy manning the two key defensive posts. Although they didn't have much effect on the scoreboard, It was a tactic that completely unsettled Freo's tight defence which has been the cornerstone of their improved form this season.

How long is each one?

From the commentary, it sounded like a cheekbone he might be available week 1 or 2 of finals? Is he any chance for late finals if it's an eye-socket?

it’s impossible to say but it’s the recovery time from surgery that is the issue with facial injuries

Cheeks are fairly simple fixes where as eye sockets tend to be more lengthy.

Everyone is obviously different but id suggest cheek he plays, eye he doesn’t

Hope I’m wrong but the source I get most of my info from thinks Naughton in multiple weeks, at least three.

sincerely hope it’s wrong.

Libba was BOG.

liked R Smith again. No star but does his role

Are you getting this from inside the club? Bad news.....any word on Mitch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roarke Smith

Speculative draft pick - wasn't rated by most clubs
Six years on an AFL list for only 22 AFL games - and technically all those games on the rookie list (as he still is) - he had to still get redrafted on the rookie list.
This means that he's effectively had one-year contracts for every year, gotten paid as little as any league player would, and wouldn't know that if he was an AFL player for several weeks and months in the off-season.
Has torn two ACLs
Literally missed playing an AFL game and was hospitalised because another car crashed into them
On the verge of being delisted virtually every year he's been on a list
Asked to be a utility and play different roles over the course of his career

Will play his first AFL final next week.

...and he's playing exactly like a player with this CV should. Like his football life depends on it.

I think he's good for at least another contract.

Libba plays with the spirit of the western suburbs, personifies everything that I love about the west and the club, grit, effort and mongrel to get the ball out cleanly each and every time.

Stoked for Roarke Smith as well, has taken his opportunity and deserves to be playing a final.

I can't imagine having a coach that isn't Bevo, sign him up forever, legend.

That is not what Gerard Healy said and given he is a qualified physio he should know.
Are you serious? Gerard is wacky, bullshit crazy. Smokes waaaay to much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back