Review Well played Bullies! Finals here we come.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How did his opponent go? Didn't exactly tear it up. Solid enough game from Gardiner, doing what he is required to do.

Gardner halved nearly every contest he was involved in. Has a knack of executing crucial spoils, just as you think his opponent is going to mark.

Loved the move of Keath to the forward line. It didn't turn out to be the difference and I'm not sure if you could even label it as effective, but man that took some balls. Season on the line and to do something that risky was peak Bevo and I loved every second of it.
So many people were having a fit in the game day thread when Bevo chucked Keath forward.

We've been chipping Bevo all year for having no plan B and no match day creativity. As soon as he pulls an audacious move the thread goes into meltdown.

Credit to Bevo. He's clearly been studying the wisdom of our match analysis and has taken our comments on board. It takes real humility and a willingness to improve himself to do that. 👍

What's the recovery time on a fractured cheekbone or eye socket normally?
I remember EJ playing with a depressed fracture of the cheekbone without missing a game. They wouldn't allow it now.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know most are saying cheekbone or eye socket, Bernie Vince said possible broken jaw on bounce not sure whether he could have heard anything but thought I’d mention it
So many people were having a fit in the game day thread when Bevo chucked Keath forward.

We've been chipping Bevo all year for having no plan B and no match day creativity. As soon as he pulls an audacious move the thread goes into meltdown.

Credit to Bevo. He's clearly been studying the wisdom of our match analysis and has taken our comments on board. It takes real humility and a willingness to improve himself to do that. 👍

Yep I agree

He could have just sat on what we had and tried to hold on or moved either Cordy or Gardner forward. Keath obviously draws more attention so it was a bold move.

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A lot giving Bevo credit for putting Keith and then Cordy forward after Naughts went down, sorry to sound like I’m taking any credit away from Bevo, but most coaches would’ve done that. In fact, I can’t believe it’s taken this long in the season to try it!

ScottyDogg

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Roarke really impressed in the 2nd/3rd

Bruce didn’t quite clunk em but very important presence and the goal was great

Cordy needs to play up the ground! The most unlikely looking forward but things just happen when he’s up there.

I have been a Libba fanatic for a long time but I had come to grips with him being another Clay. Huge talent taken from us way too early. He is reborn. I am going to savor every game he plays going forward as I truly believed we would never see this again. He is absolutely elite and very unique.

Back