Rumour GRIMES’ STAGING GETTING TO A POINT WHERE IT’S GOING TO “TARNISH HIS CAREER”

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
There are clubs in this league for whom taking dives and playing for free kicks is basically a way of life. Where practically all their senior players and “past champions” are and were divers. Where some of their players stage for free every single time they go near the ball. To have a former player of one of these clubs calling out Grimes beggars belief.

I guess there is really not much people can find fault with in this current crop of Richmond players. Tough, likeable and by and large play the game the way it is intended to be played. But some, for reasons of their own are determined to find something to criticise anyway. Either to try to whip up a bit of controversy and get some attention, or distract from their own sins and shortcomings, or maybe even because they’re tired of just how bloody nice and successful the Tiges are ... the price of success I guess.

So pick a couple of isolated incidents, reinterpret them to fit your agenda, and whine on and on until you feel better about yourselves (hint: never).

Does not escape attention that the original post is the supporter of a team who dived in the final minute of extra time in an elimination final to eliminate Port from the finals a couple of years ago. But, oh yeah, look at Grimes everyone.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I guess there is really not much people can find fault with in this current crop of Richmond players. Tough, likeable...

No doubt. Let's go through your list and see how long it takes to find an unlikeable player. We'll start with your captain...

...oh look, done already.

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
No doubt. Let's go through your list and see how long it takes to find an unlikeable player. We'll start with your captain...

...oh look, done already.
Riiiiiiight ...

Cotch might be a little white bread for some people’s taste ...

... but I’m going to have to presume you’re jealous of his hair.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Well, if they can show that Grimes is staging he should be penalised. But before they do that they need to get rid of this, which is more common and has been happening for longer...

Duckwood.jpg

Sees an opposition player approaching and his legs all of a sudden grow a foot shorter. Might have something to do with him bending at the knees.

Back