Opinion 2020 Draft picks 1/9/22/23/40/56/66/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, 4th, Haw 4th)

which mythological creature you think would win in a fight, Bigfoot or Santa?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

Crows Draft Hand Tweet

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates​

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Last edited:
He was an early teen pick in the strongest draft in 20 years just 2 years ago
13 games in two seasons, is consistent with many draftees ......but there's a few that were drafted last season that have been played in preference

Now is that just spreading the games around ? ........7 games year 1... 6 games in year 2 suggests he was not preferred

List sizes and the fact Hately's not contracted will see him slide ......

Keath was #45
Zak Jones #32
Aiden Bonar 2020 3rd round pick

13 games in two seasons, is consistent with many draftees ......but there's a few that were drafted last season that have been played in preference

Now is that just spreading the games around ? ........7 games year 1... 6 games in year 2 suggests he was not preferred

Keath was #45
Zak Jones #32
If he was going to a Victorian club, that would be true. Going to an SA club, the narrative will be about poor GWS and how they should get full benefit.

If he was going to a Victorian club, that would be true. Going to an SA club, the narrative will be about poor GWS and how they should get full benefit.
But uncontracted is everything, and frankly GWS haven't been a bad club to to deals with ........if Hately comes home, it should be a quick painless deal

Keath was #45
Zak Jones #32
Not disagreeing but just a counter argument

pre season draft threat helps , the Keath or Atkins pick will be likely enough

But uncontracted is everything, and frankly GWS haven't been a bad club to to deals with ........if Hately comes home, it should be a quick painless deal
I assume we have already initiated discussions. I know he's OOC, but 28 seems like a steal. I wonder if GWS would be interested in Hartigan as part of the deal, replacing Corr.

Something like Hartigan, 28 for Hatley, 60. They wouldn't want Harto to take away from and Zilliams / Cameron compo deals.

I assume we have already initiated discussions. I know he's OOC, but 28 seems like a steal. I wonder if GWS would be interested in Hartigan as part of the deal, replacing Corr.

Something like Hartigan, 28 for Hatley, 60. They wouldn't want Harto to take away from and Zilliams / Cameron compo deals.
GWS won't be interested in Hartigan, as they have enough talls on their list already .......but I can see an ESS looking for a KPD if Hooker leaves

Hately is still very much unproven

Syd wouldn't do that trade. Gws only did it as they expected to be making grand final

It gives them Campbell plus a top 2 pick, which is pretty bloody handy. I don't think they'll be finishing bottom two in 2021, if anything I see them pushing towards the finals next year.

Yeah, because marketing is so much more important than the integrity of the draft.
#viclogic

This is how the Crows will treat the 2020 draft and at the same time select the best player available at that pick.

We bid on the best. Academy Player or not.

giphy.gif

I hope we bid on NGAs as early as possible. It potentially makes clubs go into deficit next year, which could benefit us next year as well.
We have nothing to lose, so I can't see a reason not to bid.

I think we just bid if the player is next available on our talent order. You might strategically bid if there's a bees dick between a couple of players. Would think every club would approach the same way.

If Hollands is the type who can be just as effective forward as in the midfield, then he is a huge consideration with pick 1. We miss that type of player, which we had with Dangerfield. I'd even give up some of the manic traits Danger has if Hollands has a bit more class with disposal.

We also need a key forward. Whoever is the best forward out of Thilthorpe or McDonald. I'm not fussed about the ability to ruck as I think Himmelberg can be that player for us. I'm leaning towards McDonald.

If B.Crouch can deliver pick 2 for us, that would be amazing to cover both of these positions.

If we don't get pick 2, is it likely we get a Thilthorpe or McDonald in future drafts if we climb up the ladder? Do we risk going a generation without an elite key position forward, which we had between Modra and Walker?

If Hollands is the type who can be just as effective forward as in the midfield, then he is a huge consideration with pick 1. We miss that type of player, which we had with Dangerfield. I'd even give up some of the manic traits Danger has if Hollands has a bit more class with disposal.

We also need a key forward. Whoever is the best forward out of Thilthorpe or McDonald. I'm not fussed about the ability to ruck as I think Himmelberg can be that player for us. I'm leaning towards McDonald.

If B.Crouch can deliver pick 2 for us, that would be amazing to cover both of these positions.

If we don't get pick 2, is it likely we get a Thilthorpe or McDonald in future drafts if we climb up the ladder? Do we risk going a generation without an elite key position forward, which we had between Modra and Walker?
It's very difficult to win a flag without one. The squad needs to be very strong. And in AFL terms that's unlikely for a non Victorian team without NGA or other rigged mechanisms.

He was an early teen pick in the strongest draft in 20 years just 2 years ago
And now he's played and we've seen a glimpse of his game so where he was picked doesn't matter.
It's what he's shown that counts.
I know he hasn't had a lot of game time but surely his lack of real pace must worry.
He can be a good inside mid no doubt and would be a nice addition but you can't spend our best picks on him.
I'm with the others, a late pick in the twenties with the threat of PSD hanging over the negotiations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve had some very good pick swaps with GWS that have worked for us. I can’t see us screwing them.
Goodwill has got us no where. Just remember how strong certain ex Crows players have been and how little we have been remunerated for them.

Im not even sure that plastic franchise will be around in 10 years time either.

F**k them. F**k all of them.

Would be awesome to see us take O'Driscoll, Phillips (think he may slide a bit) or Bruhn with the GWS pick. SA lads looking good for early second round too - Cook, Powell and Poulter. Like the look of Trew as well. And would love to see us bid on JUH, Campbell and Jones.
We already have a Zane Trew type big bodied inside mid with Ronin O'Connor waiting in the wings...the big difference Ronin Connor has burst speed from the contest.....and there seems to be a strong chance we are into Jackson Hately, another big bodied inside mid. The player we need if we're not taking Hollands should be Archie Perkins (I'd take both) , a midfielder/forward with speed, agility and a ton of X factor, not to mention his great decision making and ability to move the ball on in a blink of the eye.

If JUH and Campbell are the two best players in the draft and I think they probably are, we bid on both with pick 1. Also, we shouldn’t trade down with either unless it’s for big time overs.
Unless we get sweetheart deals from Sydney and WB, we should bid (make it known that we will) for Campbell at #1, and then JUH at #2 (assuming both will get matched) as Sydney have 3480 worth of draft pick points at the moment, and WB have 1964.

Those bids would mean Sydney have to spend 2400 points to match (with the discount) and WB spend 2014 points. I think doing it this way is most likely to shake something from the two clubs.

I was actually presuming Cameron would stay.

I think GWS lose Perryman, Williams, Hately, O'Halloran. I wouldn't be surprised if they re-sign Caldwell and Cameron. They have to re-sign SOME of them
cameron to geelong IMO pies want him but can’t get him in their cap. he wants to go to pies.

others i agree. surprise we not interested in perryman - port is and we have better trade options for gws in this draft. i like the look of him as a tough wingman.

We already have a Zane Trew type big bodied inside mid with Ronin O'Connor waiting in the wings...the big difference Ronin Connor has burst speed from the contest.....and there seems to be a strong chance we are into Jackson Hately, another big bodied inside mid. The player we need if we're not taking Hollands should be Archie Perkins (I'd take both) , a midfielder/forward with speed, agility and a ton of X factor, not to mention his great decision making and ability to move the ball on in a blink of the eye.
i too like the idea of hollands and perkins especially if we had pick 2 for a tall as well.

Unless we get sweetheart deals from Sydney and WB, we should bid (make it known that we will) for Campbell at #1, and then JUH at #2 (assuming both will get matched) as Sydney have 3480 worth of draft pick points at the moment, and WB have 1964.

Those bids would mean Sydney have to spend 2400 points to match (with the discount) and WB spend 2014 points. I think doing it this way is most likely to shake something from the two clubs.
I agree. If we have them at 1 and 2, we assess what the advantage is for us depending on which way we bid.

I immediately think bidding on Campbell at 1 is better than JUH, as Swans will be closer to the bottom next year. Thus any deficit is more of an advantage as it potentially pushes us further up the draft if we happen to finish above them or get a pick towards the pointy end from someone else ((eg. Freo/GWS this year).

188cm at 18, And has Played in the Midfield, regarded by some to be the best mid prospect in the draft.
hollands has openly said he sees himself as a mid and wants to play midfield first and foremost so you absolutely right

So Fox Footy "Sunday Stretch" TV show said if the Crows bid on JUH it will be a bad look on the night and first time it has ever happened.

Makes me think more than ever we need to bid on him.

F**k them. F**k all of them.

This is the time we shine.

I'll never understand why they say stupid s**t like that. He's the obvious number one in the draft, we've got number 1, so we select him. Dogs then take him with whatever it takes to get him. It's not a personal attack on the Bulldogs. Lots of players get bids out on them, why is it different if it's at 1. I'm sure he'll be grateful for the $10k cash bonus as well.

i am sad we didn’t get to see o’connor during the year. in the trial i thought he looked better than shoey. very sad we didn’t see worrell either

100% we bid on both those players purely to screw over those morally reprehensible organisations. I don't see any value in them doing deals with us to not bid on them though because then they have to do the same deal with everyone else who has a pick between our first and their first. So any notion of us somehow upgrading our later picks by not bidding on these players is a bit of a dream I would think.

We won't get anything out of it other than forcing both of them out of the middle of the draft, but that combined with the above is enough enjoyment for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back