EPL Matchday 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked like they were applauding the referee correctly sending off Christensen. This sort of stuff happens all the time but with no fans Klopp heard it and not wanting another Lampard meltdown incident dominating the headlines he put the subs in their place to prevent any issues.
You really are painful sometimes.

Hahahaha, you just carry on with your Leeds obsession.

Eh?

You tried to argue "Yeah well everyone would do the same" and then when it was confirmed that no actually, everyone wouldn't celebrate a red like a dick, you deflected it onto Lampard somehow instead of just accepting the praise for your manager telling players to behave.

And now trying to make it about me and Leeds somehow when literally the most recent two discussions I've had regarding that club have been to praise elements.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Looked like they were applauding the referee correctly sending off Christensen. This sort of stuff happens all the time but with no fans Klopp heard it and not wanting another Lampard meltdown incident dominating the headlines he put the subs in their place to prevent any issues.
Nah, Klopp was just being classy.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Eh?

You tried to argue "Yeah well everyone would do the same" and then when it was confirmed that no actually, everyone wouldn't celebrate a red like a dick, you deflected it onto Lampard somehow instead of just accepting the praise for your manager telling players to behave.

And now trying to make it about me and Leeds somehow when literally the most recent two discussions I've had regarding that club have been to praise elements.

Nobody celebrated the red card. They applauded the referee for making the correct call. Subs do it all the time, players do it all the time, clap referee decisions to try and influence the game. The only reason it was picked up by Klopp was because there's no fans and he rightly didn't want another incident with Lampard like the one at Anfield a few months ago. Now go away.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Nobody celebrated the red card. They applauded the referee for making the correct call. Subs do it all the time, players do it all the time, clap referee decisions to try and influence the game. The only reason it was picked up by Klopp was because there's no fans and he rightly didn't want another incident with Lampard like the one at Anfield a few months ago. Now go away.
I mean you’re celebrating a red card by celebrating the decision though..

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Can you explain how you know this is 100% correct?

Nah I'm ok.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
Christensen laid a tackle Mal Meninga would be proud of and yet some flogs on here are trying to argue it is not a red. I have not seen a last man defender deliberately handle the ball or rugby tackle a player in god knows how long, probably at least 10 years. The Christensen tackle was a throwback to the Hand of God days and yet some flogs on here still want to get into technicalities about whether it should have been a red. I mean forget how massively disadvantaged Liverpool would have been if it was just a yellow, let's defend Christensen. Kepa is the worst keeper I have seen since Karius, yet some of you lot make it seem like he was definitely going to deal with it. Freeze frame it, slow motion it, speed it up, no matter how you look at it, Mane was on for a shot at goal, he is quick lightning fast, all he had to do was toe poke it past Kepa. Would he have scored? We will never know, because of a rugby tackle. Does benefit in favour of the would be goal scorer come into it? I don't know but surely we can all agree as fans, and the Premier league itself, that none of us want to see this rugby tackle rubbish by last man standing defenders creep into the league. Just a cancer on the game. The correct decision was made. If your bitterness won't allow you to see past that, then tough for you.

If VVD made the same tackle and was only given a yellow, can you imagine the uproar? Liverpool would never hear the end of it. Personally, I would be embarrassed as a Liverpool fan if it was just a yellow for VVD. I would rather cop the red there and then than have to listen to LiVARpool rubbish every day for the next 10 years.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Can you explain how you know this is 100% correct?

Clapping can be heard of the match audio after the referee changed the yellow card to a red card. Something that happens all the time during football matches but in the context of recent Chelsea fixtures probably not a good idea. Some are making it into a bigger deal than it really is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

For a guy who sometimes celebrates us winning a throw in or a tackle like we’ve scored a goal, I’m surprised Klopp, or anyone else would’ve had an issue with this^. Storm in a teacup, like last time.

Our players were celebrating a red card openly???? s**t go and unusual. Probably taken the pre game comments to heart. I always get a bit nervy when we go a man up. You're not always guaranteed to win and if you lose or draw you got egg on your face.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Was still dumb. Would rather play a half of football with 11 players but 1-0 down than 10 men at 0-0.

Although every time the ball goes near Kepa I hold my breath and I have no doubt so do the team.

Penalty was there. Don't think Timo milked it too much as he tried to get a shot away.
Yeah its still dumb but he's hoping he gets the 1/100 call where the ref decides its a yellow

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Players usually plead and beg for red cards don't they whilst some diving squib rolls around like a puppy dog

Yeah my point still stands first few games there will be goals and unexpected results which makes it worth the wild.

I guess so I just don't look at Leicester v Burnley and think "Boy that game shouts goals" going into it? Or Spurs-Soton? (I mean, maybe in hindsight with Soton's suicidal high line).

I just think you're being a bit dismissive of the impact of such a short off-season and no crowds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back