Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 18 vs. Port Adelaide - Gabba, Mon 21/09 @ 7:15pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicked a goal from 48m in the highlight reel - he’s down on confidence and form .
It’s that simple.
The kid has been made to play a manic pressure game that he isn't quite ready for. Another full pre season or two and this kid will have a tank that will enable him to maintain composure and execute with far more efficiency. He is a bull and have no doubt he will return to the team as early as this year.

The kid has been made to play a manic pressure game that he isn't quite ready for. Another full pre season or two and this kid will have a tank that will enable him to maintain composure and execute with far more efficiency. He is a bull and have no doubt he will return to the team as early as this year.
Well said.

I like the trend in team selection that is developing as the season gets to the pointy end.

Through de-selection and injury, we’re phasing out low-impact, slow, work-horse types (Wills, Mayne, Phillips, C.Brown & Cameron) and generally replacing them with higher impact and X-factor types (DeGoey, Quaynor, Stephenson, Treloar & Cox).

Such moves make us much more dangerous. It might also expose us to the risk of bigger losses but at this stage of the season, it’s time to go big or go home.

With Sidebottom now officially ruled out, I see one more impact-adding change next week, subject to proving fitness - Sier to replace Tyler Brown (who looks a player but is too green at this stage).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Give it a break

Firstly you underestimate that scicly is a gun
Secondly hawks system allows a easy double team
So playing on a gun
Double teamed
Crappy delivery
Greasy ball

Oh and there's a little thing called structure
I really rate Sicily but Cox was losing one one one to him. I am pointing out the height discrepancy. People are saying he will prosper because blokes are shorter.

I really rate Sicily but Cox was losing one one one to him. I am pointing out the height discrepancy. People are saying he will prosper because blokes are shorter.
Did you see Lachy Neale outmuscle Levi Casboult with ease in a one on one contest over the weekend? At least Sicily is a key position player.

I think we will miss the big bodies of Mayne and Sier tonight. Hopefully our skinny bodies aren't too overwhelmed by the Power big mids.

I hope so. Looks like he is getting his mojo back. Hope he doesnt have a downer tonight.
More confident than I have been about Cox in ages, now that I know the issue with his eyesight has been resolved. That explains a lot of his poor form until recently; he was effectively trying to operate with just one eye.

Ha ha - a one-eyed Cox! I'll see myself out :)

They aren't SIcily quality though

And he won't be playing out of the square

So therefore won't be as exposed sitting under high hope balls

More confident than I have been about Cox in ages, now that I know the issue with his eyesight has been resolved. That explains a lot of his poor form until recently; he was effectively trying to operate with just one eye.

Ha ha - a one-eyed Cox! I'll see myself out :)

hahah .

many i just re-read my post and i wasnt even trying to be dirty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

another one consistently maligned in here Phillips, just watch him rise again next year when game lengths increase again.
My frustrations with Phillips have nothing to do with the length of the game. Its his tendency to wilt/panic whenever any pressure is applied.

My frustrations with Phillips have nothing to do with the length of the game. Its his tendency to wilt/panic whenever any pressure is applied.
His disposal is simply atrocious.he panics. He has no right foot. His hand ball is useless under pressure. His vision is non existent. He has blinkers....at least one turnover goal to the opposition each game....watch him .it is criminal...

Not so much when it’s slippery 👍

Doesn't seem to like the Gabba. Has 4 goals in 4 games there YTD including a bag of 3 against the Blues.

What I have seen for quite some time, is someone who is a very poor kick. He has no penetration whatsoever in his kicking. He rushes too much and puts his teammates under pressure. His dad was a gun and Tyler looks promising though on the flip side.

His old man was an absolute gun, 1 of my all-time favorites, but his field kicking was never a major strength. Tended to get under the footy a bit too much.

and that is a fair frustration to have I think his biggest asset is his fitness which was diminished somewhat by shortening of quarters. Players have down years and come back we have been spoilt with super consistent players like Pendles, Swanny and Steele

Too small and slow were correct assessments at the time. Nobody questioned his tools I believe, just whether he could match it physically.

if I interpret correctly what he has said this years he got told to pull his finger out over the off season by Bucks, and he got on top of his asthma. With physical issues addressed, his tools kicked in.

But he was never "slow". Unless of course you're talking about reaction times or making decisions, but even then it's a tough case to make IMHO.

Lachie Neale out-bodied Casboult Saturday night in a 1v1 overhead marking contest. It happens all the time that the bigger bloke gets outmarked by the smaller bloke. Can be as much about timing as anything else.

Edit: What Domus said....

His declining performances started in 2019 when we still had the longer quarters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back