News Thank you Ben Silvagni, Darcy Lang, Hugh Goddard & Finbar O’Dwyer

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Wishing Ben, Darcy, Hugh & Finbar all the best!

Darcy Lang, Hugh Goddard, Ben Silvagni and Finbar O’Dwyer have been told that they will not be retained at the Club beyond 2020.

Pablito

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Ben was a rookie pick. I doubt it would come as a shock if he didn't make it.

A little surprising based on reports during the year, he wasn't given more time tho.

The Finbar selection was always very strange to me.
Ben wasn't a rookie, picked up in the national draft. Moreso because father and son have exited the club in less than 12 months, wouldn't surprise me to see Jack leave also.

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Ben wasn't a rookie, picked up in the national draft. Moreso because father and son have exited the club in less than 12 months, wouldn't surprise me to see Jack leave also.

If that is his attitude which I doubt I hope the door doesn't hit him on the way out.

This club needs to stop putting players names before the club brand.

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
It might be the other way round

Nope we have been doing it for a long time. Worried about good news stories and carrying players to milestones. Over winning.

I don't care who the 22 are as long as we perform. If one of them happens to be a Silvagni yay, but if not and we win number 17 I couldn't care less.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
You wouldn't be even a little upset if your dad and brother got let go from your place of work within 12 months?

I wouldn't give my own brother a letter of recommendation, the lazy sod.

If Ben has been let go because he's not up to it or not working hard enough, I'm tipping Jack will understand, and will probably have seen the signs over the last two years. They're a football family and know how hard it is to get drafted let alone carve out a long career.

Last edited:

no. 4

All Australian
Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man Utd, Melb. Victory
These were all obvious decisions. You would hope that Jack is professional enough to understand that his brother was not a sure thing to stay on the list.
I would expect the remainder of the list remain until either the 2021 list sizes are announced and/or trade week is completed.

Gavstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Lakers, Longhorns
Thanks guys for your time in the Navy Blue.

Strongly believe BSOS has the talent to make it. Hopefully he works at it and makes it back onto an AFL list.

I'm concerned at our clubs ability to develop young talent though.

BSOS, Dow, LOB, SPS, Stocker & Kennedy has regressed etc.

Next Silvagni might think twice about nominating for father son.

Pablito

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Reduced lists - decision to keep Betts on another year, for questionable long term gain on field, would be pissing off any of these younger guys.
Easier to keep him in the salary cap than under the soft cap next year from what I've read.

Back