State of Queensland teams

Remove this Banner Ad

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I'm a Bulldogs fan but as a Queenslander take an interest in the Queensland teams. This is the ladder at the moment.

Screenshot_20200829-194631_Samsung Internet.jpg

All 3 Queensland teams down the bottom. Is this a concern for the state of Rugby League in Queensland or just a temporary occurrence?

Having said that I don't like the Broncos and don't want the Bulldogs finishing last. Next weekend with the Bulldogd playing the Titans and the Broncos playing the Panthers it looks like the chance for the Dogs to climb off the bottom. Go Doggies!

Damn Titans!

I'm glad to see the Titans doing well. Even allowing for the fact that they've played with 12 men on the field every time Bryce Cartwright has pulled on a jersey, they have been a side that's played with a fair bit of ticker over the last few years and I think its great to see them starting to build that into something more. They are one superstar away from being a genuinely powerful side (I mean a superstar on top of David Fifita). Lots of good role players in that outfit.

Apparently Redcliffe are coming into the NRL

Brisbane dark horse enters $100m race to be 17th NRL team — and they want Wayne to lead it

The first sporting team I started following was the Redcliffe Dolphins back in 1975 when we were living a few blocks from Dolphin Oval. My next door neighbour would take me, along with his two sons, to the football for every Dolphin's home game. I've been supporting the QRL team ever since.

I've been saying for twenty years or so that if the NRL were to add a second Brisbane team then the Redcliffe Dolphins would be the logical choice as they are a strong club, financially, very well run by the competant administration an with a healthy supporter base locally and on the Sunshine Coast.

My issue is who do I support if they join the NRL? I've been a supporter of Parramatta since 1976. Potentially a big decision coming up.

I'm glad to see the Titans doing well. Even allowing for the fact that they've played with 12 men on the field every time Bryce Cartwright has pulled on a jersey, they have been a side that's played with a fair bit of ticker over the last few years and I think its great to see them starting to build that into something more. They are one superstar away from being a genuinely powerful side (I mean a superstar on top of David Fifita). Lots of good role players in that outfit.

I think some of the credit has to go to Holbrook too. He took on a St Helens squad that was decent, but not noticeably stronger than their rivals, like Wigan, and made them into champions, and a class above everyone else by the end of the season. Obviously, he has a more demanding task here, but I think the improvement is clear to see.

Central Queensland deserves a team before Redcliffe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back