Recommitted Harry McKay [re-signed to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching this with interest.

OP credibility coming from a mile in the negatives given his efforts to tell us Martin would either end up at Melbourne or back on the Gold Coast.

That wasn’t a piece of intel, just my own prediction.

I’m not predicting the McKay trade, just passing on what I’ve heard. That the Dees are keen and having a crack.

That wasn’t a piece of intel, just my own prediction.

I’m not predicting the McKay trade, just passing on what I’ve heard. That the Dees are keen and having a crack.
Melbourne don't have a first rounder this year, McKay would cost a lot. Hypothetically speaking, how would Melbourne get it done? Brayshaw would not be an option. You'd be paying a huge price for him, like massive. Along with Walsh, Weitering, Curnow...he is considered the foundation of our future side, arguably our most important player for the future.

Carlton won't trade him while he is contracted and even if they did they have no cap issues so he would move for a chance to win a flag not money at a top club-carlton to Melbourne is a sideways move at best which I can't see him doing.

Melbourne don't have a first rounder this year, McKay would cost a lot. Hypothetically speaking, how would Melbourne get it done? Brayshaw would not be an option. You'd be paying a huge price for him, like massive. Along with Walsh, Weitering, Curnow...he is considered the foundation of our future side, arguably our most important player for the future.

Future first may come into play. We realise we’d be paying through the nose for McKay but Goodwin and Co realise jobs are on the line if we don’t make the eight in 2021.The wheels are in motion. Tom McDonald is being pensioned off to North (confirming intel I received two days ago) and Carlton are keen on one of Brayshaw or Viney to come in and support Cripps and Walsh in your midfield. We have a surplus of inside bulls, you have a surplus of forwards. This is where the synergy is.

“Simon Goodwin was asked after the club’s final game where the Demons’ list needs to improve for 2021, and suggested they would target mature-bodied forwards.

“We are still a team that is working really hard to connect forward of centre,” Goodwin said.

“Today was really pleasing. We got some opportunities and we took them. Mitch Brown and Jayden Hunt have provided something in the last few weeks and Sam Weideman has provided something for us. We are down to one tall.

“Forward of centre we are very young. Luke Jackson is waiting in the wings and will come into the mix … it’s an area we need to keep getting better at.”

Future first may come into play. We realise we’d be paying through the nose for McKay but Goodwin and Co realise jobs are on the line if we don’t make the eight in 2021.The wheels are in motion. Tom McDonald is being pensioned off to North (confirming intel I received two days ago) and Carlton are keen on one of Brayshaw or Viney to come in and support Cripps and Walsh in your midfield. We have a surplus of inside bulls, you have a surplus of forwards. This is where the synergy is.

“Simon Goodwin was asked after the club’s final game where the Demons’ list needs to improve for 2021, and suggested they would target mature-bodied forwards.

“We are still a team that is working really hard to connect forward of centre,” Goodwin said.

“Today was really pleasing. We got some opportunities and we took them. Mitch Brown and Jayden Hunt have provided something in the last few weeks and Sam Weideman has provided something for us. We are down to one tall.

“Forward of centre we are very young. Luke Jackson is waiting in the wings and will come into the mix … it’s an area we need to keep getting better at.”

You can have Ben Brown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell me you don’t believe this. I would of believed it if you said petracca for mckay. Viney or brayshaw will get you mcgovern

Thats just ridiculous. nba superstar giannis doesnt follow the bucks but hes staying. means absolutely nothing
Harry follows North but not Carlton, while Ben doesn’t follow any clubs.

Obviously someone listened to RSN yesterday afternoon, most of the scuttlebutt on this board seems to come from there.

Harry Mckay is much much better than curnow.

Actually prefer him over Max King but less than Ben King.

Wouldn't be cheap.

I honestly don't see the point in going after McKay. Carlton would be asking the world and he's no more promising than Larkey.

We could arguably get better at the pointy end of the draft.

I'd rather just take Logan McDonald to pair with Larkey if we really were after a young key forward.

I honestly don't see the point in going after McKay. Carlton would be asking the world and he's no more promising than Larkey.

We could arguably get better at the pointy end of the draft.

I'd rather just take Logan McDonald to pair with Larkey if we really were after a young key forward.
😳 larkey ? Why do you think he is as good as larkey? Acceleration and good hands on Mckay i would of thought he was a level above larkey

😳 larkey ? Why do you think he is as good as larkey? Acceleration and good hands on Mckay i would of thought he was a level above larkey

Cool, McKay might have him athletically, but doesn't have anywhere near the same footy IQ.

They are both great marks of the football.

There's nothing between them statistically, other than the media love fest.

Certainly not enough for us to need to unload a shitload of draft collateral on, I'd rather take the risk at the draft on the possibility of getting a player a level above both McKay and Larkey.

McDonald might be a bust, compared to someone more proven like McKay, but that's the risks you take...

Cool, McKay might have him athletically, but doesn't have anywhere near the same footy IQ.

They are both great marks of the football.

There's nothing between them statistically, other than the media love fest.

Certainly not enough for us to need to unload a shitload of draft collateral on, I'd rather take the risk at the draft on the possibility of getting a player a level above both McKay and Larkey.

McDonald might be a bust, compared to someone more proven like McKay, but that's the risks you take...
Which is completely understandable, I imagine that securing Harry would cost significant draft/trade assets, which would likely be better used elsewhere given North already have reasonable options inside f50.

Ha! If McKay was traded, it will be JK all over again. Except the closest thing to Judd the Dees have, is Petracca. So unless Petraccca is on the table, move along - and if Petracca was on the table, I’d still say move along. Carlton’s forward line without McKay, and absent Curnow, is a horrendous prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back