Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Pies v Port Mon September 21st 7:15pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Most of the Tiger missing players from when they played Port were top 10 players... Prestia, Sheds, Cotch, Houli.
This isn't a ******* Richmond thread.

The AFL Board isn't a ******* Richmond board

Go make your excuses somewhere else. No one cares. We SMASHED you.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Richmond were in front at 3/4 time in that game in Adelaide were missing 8 premiership players.
Might have been premiership players but not part of your best 22 this year.
You essentially had 6 best 22 players out, we had 5.
And you were in front but you were getting pumped and you know it.
If you want to go 55-24 inside 50s and 20-5 centre clearances again though, good luck.
You'd be favourites of course but not by much.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Port were missing Motlop Ebert and Rosie. The commentators even said tonight you guys have played 30 players all season. You've had a dream run with injuries. Tigers were missing about 6 walk up starts that night. That's not to say that Port weren't good though. Your boys were fantastic
No. One. Cares.

7 rounds ago.

Move. On.

PowerForGood

10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
When your club signed up to join the AFL, they also signed an agreement with Collingwood to relinquish their black & white jumper and their Magpies branding.

What makes you think you can just thumb your nose at a written agreement made 24 years ago?
Man up and stop trying to weasel your way out of an agreement which you made.

Your colours are black, teal and white
But there is no such agreement.
Challenged Eddie to produce it and he can't.
Its all bluster

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Congrats on your 4th minor premiership Port. A fair bit of success in the last 23 years well done.
Cats won't be easy but I think you have proven the doubters wrong all year and should get them. Good luck
We owe them one. Or 10...

Gonna be a fun finals series.

Dec 31, 2012
Adelaide, SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Seattle Kraken, Seattle Sounders
Mate Westoff is such a non player that even Motlop gets a game ahead of him. And that blonde spud in the forward line.
I'll see your f*** off and raise you a GAGF

Mate you are embarrassing yourself at this point. Possibly the most versatile player since Pavlich and a consumate professional, not a star but definitely worthy of respect and his longevity.

PowerForGood

10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Mate Westoff is such a non player that even Motlop gets a game ahead of him. And that blonde spud in the forward line.
I'll see your f*** off and raise you a GAGF
Really. There's no such thing as a bad 280 game player. Only 125 in the history of the comp.

But if you want to rank them, your choice.
I won't make any comments about players like Stuart Maxfield.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know it's a long time ago but I wonder if that coupled with lack of finals experience is why people are underrating them. I think they're the real deal though, just placed 100 for them to win the premiership at 7.50.
You'll be feeling a bit silly when Geelong defeats Port in 2 weeks time.
It was was only 5 weeks ago, the Cats beat 'em by 10 goals... 14.7 (91) to 4.7 (31)

Since the 2007 Grand Final, Geelong have won 15 of the past 17 meetings vs Port

The Power will be staring down the barrel of a straight sets exit.

If Port lose to Geelong and meet West Coast in a knock out Semi Final in week 2, will that game be in Adelaide or Brisbane?

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When your club signed up to join the AFL, they also signed an agreement with Collingwood to relinquish their black & white jumper and their Magpies branding.

What makes you think you can just thumb your nose at a written agreement made 24 years ago?
Man up and stop trying to weasel your way out of an agreement which you made.

Your colours are black, teal and white

Go merge with Melbourne peanut.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Mate you are embarrassing yourself at this point. Possibly the most versatile player since Pavlich and a consumate professional, not a star but definitely worthy of respect and his longevity.

Reckon Blics has both Westhoff and Pav for versatility now, haha. Not many have won a B + F in the ruck/midfield and in defence

Dec 31, 2012
Adelaide, SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Seattle Kraken, Seattle Sounders
Reckon Blics has both Westhoff and Pav for versatility now, haha. Not many have won a B + F in the ruck/midfield and in defence

To be quite honest Blicsavs was exactly who I was thinking of when I added 'possibly' I still think Pav is the undisputed GOAT when it comes to versatility though, A grade pretty much all over the field. Between Westy and Blicsavs after him though.

Soberian Tiger

Borat's cousin twice removed from village
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
8 now. It'll be 14 next week.

Port had plenty out too.
I rate Butters very highly (and other youngsters at Port such as Rozee and Duursma for that matter as well), but to pretend that the missing players for Port that game were anywhere near as significant as those for Richmond is overstating the case.

Not that it matters. Port won. In Adelaide. Woo hoo. Who cares? Richmond didn't play well enough and Port almost invariably play Richmond in Adelaide, year in and year out. Port hardly ever play Richmond in Melbourne and almost never at the MCG. That's a quirk of the AFL fixturing that Richmond supporters well know and Port supporters never acknowledge for some reason.

Personally, I say good on Port for beating the Pies, but only because I think there's unfinished Richmond business with Brisbane; nothing to do with home ground advantage. Oh, and a deep dislike of Collingwood, of course!

Back