Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Pies v Port Mon September 21st 7:15pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

Americanpies

May 16, 2016
Port Adelaide did their best to lose it the last quarter, but still looked comfortable.

I'm not sure why you think that...

Collingwood did nothing in the last quarter. It was 1 goal each.. Port just flooded back and absorbed what came in, because they know the Pies forward line is the worst forward line in the AFL.

hutchy31

May 25, 2014
Does any oppo fan rate us a chance against wc?

Absolutely. WC will either be missing three or four of their best players, or those players will be playing in a final after not playing any level of footy for a number of weeks.

They’ll be deserving favourites at home, but if Grundy can find some form the pies are a big chance.

Bungeye

Aug 19, 2017
I'm not sure why you think that...

Collingwood did nothing in the last quarter. It was 1 goal each.. Port just flooded back and absorbed what came in, because they know the Pies forward line is the worst forward line in the AFL.
They missed numerous players with wayward kicks, but weren't punished because of our inept forward line

Lacked polish in crucial moments and decision making, a lot to take away going into next year though.
Concern is most of our better and more important structural players aren’t getting any younger. Even Moore, Crisp, De Goey and Maynard who are probably key players to us aren’t kids any more.

Jun 6, 2016
Pines Football Club
Absolutely. WC will either be missing three or four of their best players, or those players will be playing in a final after not playing any level of footy for a number of weeks.

They’ll be deserving favourites at home, but if Grundy can find some form the pies are a big chance.

Actually Grundy had more impact tonight than he has for some time, NN is a different proposition though. Don't like those odds.

Jun 6, 2016
Pines Football Club
Concern is most of our better and more important structural players aren’t getting any younger. Even Moore, Crisp, De Goey and Maynard who are probably key players to us aren’t kids any more.

Really? Those players are in prime age or not even yet, they still have more development to come. Moore and Degoey still only 23 if I am correct, Bruzzy 24?

Count Zero

Jun 16, 2004
Port Adelaide Est.1870
When do Collingwood start their 7 day quarantine? I assume it will start next weekend but I suppose that they could start it earlier so that they have time to be able to train properly.

Madas

Aug 16, 2020
Yes
From half of WA that can't stand those flogs please win ✊
Keep Ryan out of the game he provides a lot of lift and delivery for their team
Flood their forward line , don't give them space to lead into and other than Ryan their small forwards aren't much chop
Keep it low going in to your forward line , you don't really have talls anyway and your forwards can be pretty potent even in congestion
Rove off NicNat and let Grundy push forward quickly , he's mobile and won't win anyway
Good Luck
Hope its a ripper game and Pendlebury kicks the sealer

PAFC_1870

10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
True, but we're not quite in good enough form - yet. If the yet comes next game then we can win.
I think 1st to 8th is as close as I can remember

Any side can win on their day imo. Very even finals series. Every side has game breakers who could change it all. Doesn't take much in a short game. 1 hot qtr and you can win.

Madas

Aug 16, 2020
At a neutral venue I'd probably back you but over there is a different beast honestly. Should be a ripper game though.
Ah yes Forgot the in house umpires
If you get Margetts - good luck , you'll need it 😔

Jun 6, 2016
Pines Football Club
Yes
From half of WA that can't stand those flogs please win ✊
Keep Ryan out of the game he provides a lot of lift and delivery for their team
Flood their forward line , don't give them space to lead into and other than Ryan their small forwards aren't much chop
Keep it low going in to your forward line , you don't really have talls anyway and your forwards can be pretty potent even in congestion
Rove off NicNat and let Grundy push forward quickly , he's mobile and won't win anyway
Good Luck
Hope its a ripper game and Pendlebury kicks the sealer

A couple off things, Ryan is not a player you just keep out of the game, easier said than done. Secondly roving off NN with an oppo mid group like wc is easier said than done, thirdly our upfield to forward connection is far from potential, easier said than done.

You're asking a lot of form shift to execute these tasks. While potentially yes, it is just that potential. Potentially wc could towel us up again also.

Not as confident as you.

Sportsmad93

Sep 19, 2020
I still think that Collingwood have a decent side. Although I don't think the Mason Cox experiment is working very well. They definitely need that key forward which could put them back in the premiership window.

Jun 6, 2016
Pines Football Club
I think 1st to 8th is as close as I can remember

Any side can win on their day imo. Very even finals series. Every side has game breakers who could change it all. Doesn't take much in a short game. 1 hot qtr and you can win.

To be honest, out of the 8 teams our form has been not as good as the rest. Tonight we improved no doubt but I'd argue we aren't really in contention given the form. That's not out of disrespect of Port, it was a grunt game and Port were able to wrest control when needed, not easy to do against a side like Collingwood.

Potential we have, IF we realize that then it's a question if it's contendable, I'd argue yes IF luck fell our way.

hutchy31

May 25, 2014
Actually Grundy had more impact tonight than he has for some time, NN is a different proposition though. Don't like those odds.

Can’t fault his effort, he was all over the place. Just not as dominant as he’s been over the past couple of years.

Agree re. NicNat, dogs were lucky he was rested as he’d have eaten our ruck stocks for breakfast and probably cost us finals.

Good luck anyway.

Madas

Aug 16, 2020
A couple off things, Ryan is not a player you just keep out of the game, easier said than done. Secondly roving off NN with an oppo mid group like wc is easier said than done, thirdly our upfield to forward connection is far from potential, easier said than done.

You're asking a lot of form shift to execute these tasks. While potentially yes, it is just that potential. Potentially wc could towel us up again also.

Not as confident as you.
Hey I'm a Dockers supporter
We perpetually live in hope 😁

Mate if North Melbourne can trouble them and the Bulldogs beat them you can definitely win .
Your list is A class and by f**k you owe em one from 2018
Bring the pain and bury them with pressure, they will fold .

Jun 6, 2016
Pines Football Club
Hey I'm a Dockers supporter
We perpetually live in hope 😁

Mate if North Melbourne can trouble them and the Bulldogs beat them you can definitely win .
Your list is A class and by f**k you owe em one from 2018
Bring the pain and bury them with pressure, they will fold .

Bury them? We haven't buried a side all year, pressure we can bring but we also know that wc are able to transition through pressure like no other team.

I understand your wish, we've done it before and can do it again but it's a big mountain to climb.