List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png
1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
The Dees weren't unlucky in the slightest. Their best 22 should be in the finals. With a month to go and a spot for them to lose, they get done over by Fremantle and Sydney. Even in the last game, at 3/4 time and everything on the line, two of their better players are farting around trying to grab each other on the arse whilst the coach is talking to them. Then another costs the club $50,000 after breaking the hub.

In the long run you usually get what you deserve and Melbourne deserve the purgatory that is finishing 9th with no first round picks in the draft.

The Dees weren't unlucky in the slightest. Their best 22 should be in the finals. With a month to go and a spot for them to lose, they get done over by Fremantle and Sydney. Even in the last game, at 3/4 time and everything on the line, two of their better players are farting around trying to grab each other on the arse whilst the coach is talking to them. Then another costs the club $50,000 after breaking the hub.

In the long run you usually get what you deserve and Melbourne deserve the purgatory that is finishing 9th with no first round picks in the draft.

Agree entirely on the big picture and what has led to it.

Just noting that they still could have had a lifeline but for the key missing Freo players and were unlucky in that sense.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He played pretty well, IMO.

We were lucky, and the Dees unlucky, that Taberner and Walters were out. It hurt their structure badly.
freo outplayed em IMO....but they are still struggling with scoring. There's a bit to like about Longmuir coaching though. The also seem to only have blokes with very good skills....their hands in close were impressive as well as their field kicking.

Last edited:
They are unlucky the season was shortened and they lost a few Mulligan double ups. Which makes us lucky season was shortened.

I haven't checked who the double ups originally were.

We are unlucky in that had blues not choked in that last 2 mins, and had GWS not rabbled, those two wins were losses and we're sitting on pick 7 and a good chance to get two of our top targets.

We turned 2019 pick 8 on draft night, into pick 11 or 12 come draft night, you'd have to say a 4 pick slide at that end of the draft, for a mid 2nd rounder is closer to fair value than an out an out win.

Talk of making away like bandits is a tad OTT imo.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They are unlucky the season was shortened and they lost a few Mulligan double ups. Which makes us lucky season was shortened.

I haven't checked who the double ups originally were.

We are unlucky in that had blues not choked in that last 2 mins, and had GWS not rabbled, those two wins were losses and we're sitting on pick 7 and a good chance to get two of our top targets.

We turned 2019 pick 8 on draft night, into pick 11 or 12 come draft night, you'd have to say a 4 pick slide at that end of the draft, for a mid 2nd rounder is closer to fair value than an out an out win.

Talk of making away like bandits is a tad OTT imo.

We also got Perez from the deal.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Okay.

Pick 9 last year vs pick 11 (to 13) this year.

I reckon we ended up doing better when you look at Pickett vs the caliber of players that will be available to us:

I can't see Pickett going in this years top 16.

Maybe more an insight into what we did to North for Brown.

Unlikely, but good try.

What the Hopoate incident showed was the abject lack of respect that your boys have for Goodwin. Pretty sure having Ben Brown won't change that.

I wouldn't worry about replying to Sonny ' I endorse 3/4 time ring play' bonds.

How many preseasons have Melbourne won?

Pick 1 pick 2 we win blah blah blah.

For all those wins in the off-season it's netted them nothing.

This will be no different.

The Scope for Jaidyn's improvement is far greater than anything Ben is going to bring to the table.

Pykie What's your thoughts on this deal now looking at it from two angles:

1st Round Draft position, Would you do the trade again knowing we'd get 11 this year giving up 8 last year based on draft position alone, not players accessed.

Available players, Using 2019 hindsight, and 2020 foresight, if we hold onto 11, will we have access to someone you view as an equivalent to Serong, Flanders?

On a side note, the potential GC pick swap is 'safer' for us for a number of reasons, it's a known quantity in that we KNOW we get pick 5 this year and who we will take, which takes a bit of pressure off the trade team imo. The Dees pick swap, we knew we gained a late 2nd, but had to wait all year to find out where the major dust settled which added significant risk to the deal.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Is that real?

Five players for Brown and Picks 8 and 70? Including two first rounders (one who went at pick 6).

That ain't bad.

They got the 2020 rising star, we got the 2018 rising star.

Back