Review Round 18, 2020 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll give you the howler third goal. Not sure what the other one was. His ball usage was very good. I stand by what I said that I don't think Burton has played a better game. Bonner won't be dropped for a Burton coming back from injury for the first final.
First one was the uncontested Mihocek mark and goal - Bonner’s man (Varcoe) lays the block and Bonner watches it happen and looks confused, when he should have switched onto Mihocek.

Great , solid win . Very impressed with the teams resilience this year . Theyve monitored big moments apart from in the three losses .
still think there’s a little improvement to come yet .
the midfield was fantastic , all the experienced players Rocky, BoaK , Gray and Wines were excellent . Defence was great as was forward pressure.
Charlie only kicked 1 but I still thought he was good , the way he attacks the ball at ground level and dishes out hanballs is top shelf .
Special mention to Leinert for a good solid game in the heat of the battle .
Rocky has finally won me over , his composure is really strong and his ugly little kicks are hitting targets mostly now . Great he finally gets to play finals .

Marshall was quiet but his man Darcy Moore was even more so. Barely sighted him and can't remember him influencing a marking pack all night. He's a big key to their defensive drive so maybe Marshall was under instruction to run him around and maneuver him out of position?

Didn't stop those FOXTEL campaigners mentioning Moore as a possible All Australian defender.

On the subject of FOXTEL those turds made a big issue out of the obvious free kick against Mason Cox yet didn't bother with the blatant holding the man free in the goal square on Sam Powell Pepper. Give a free against Collingwood and it is front page news miss a free against Port and it is nothing to see here.

I do not know what is worse the umpiring bias or FOXTEL's pro Victorian bias.

Marshall was quiet but his man Darcy Moore was even more so. Barely sighted him and can't remember him influencing a marking pack all night. He's a big key to their defensive drive so maybe Marshall was under instruction to run him around and maneuver him out of position?

This. Marshall played his role and contributed to our win. Like he always does.

My only disappointments were Ladhams and Marshall.
Marshall was much better in the 2nd half and got a few important touches. Played on Darcy Moore who will probably be All Aust CHB. Ladhams had trouble handling the slippery ball. Has he played at the Gabba?
Edit - has played 1 at night this year v Melb.

Last edited:
I think Gray spent so much time forward earlier in the season to give him more midfield minutes come the pointy end. Was at a lot of center stoppages tonight.

Imagine having Robbie Gray as the next guy in once your starting midfield combo need a rest. Bloody hell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK going to take exception here...

Respect where respect is due. That Collingwood skipper has been probably the best stalwart of a club in the last -15 years. We have been exceptionally blessed by blokes like Boak, Robbie, Westhoff who are all gifted at the game, but also play honourably and fair. Pendlebury is that same ilk, and respect should be shown.

Certainly deserves to be chaired off after the record tonight, even if the result didn’t go his way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said mate.

All the best in October. Your contested brand of footy should stack up nicely.

First one was the uncontested Mihocek mark and goal - Bonner’s man (Varcoe) lays the block and Bonner watches it happen and looks confused, when he should have switched onto Mihocek.
Oh wow. I think you’re nitpicking now. I think I saw Jonas look confused after being blocked off the ball so Cox could mark one.

Didn't stop those FOXTEL campaigners mentioning Moore as a possible All Australian defender.

On the subject of FOXTEL those turds made a big issue out of the obvious free kick against Mason Cox yet didn't bother with the blatant holding the man free in the goal square on Sam Powell Pepper. Give a free against Collingwood and it is front page news miss a free against Port and it is nothing to see here.

I do not know what is worse the umpiring bias or FOXTEL's pro Victorian bias.

Congrats on the win. Moore has been unbelievable this season and it's a testament to him that Hinkley applied a forward tag last might. Marshall who is a very promising talent in his own right played a very smart role on Moore. Similar should be applied to Stewart and Vlaustin in coming weeks.

Congrats on the win. Moore has been unbelievable this season and it's a testament to him that Hinkley applied a forward tag last might. Marshall who is a very promising talent in his own right played a very smart role on Moore. Similar should be applied to Stewart and Vlaustin in coming weeks.
Interesting.. on here we only seem to notice what Marshall didn’t do.

Was really happy for Ebert tonight.
For all the knocks he has taken on and off the field this guy eats sleeps and shyts Port Adelaide.
When his football days are over I hope the club can find some role to keep him involved as genuine club people like him don’t grow on trees.

A Williams or an Ebert has been playing or coaching at our great club since.... the 50's?

Should be coaching the Magpies next year.

The buzz in the rooms after last nights game was incredible.

The players have a great bond atm and Hinkley needs huge credit for that!

We will beat Geelong!

I'd go Grimes before Vlaustin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back