Preview 2020 Qualifying Final 1 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong @ AO

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
For the first time since 2017, Port Adelaide are back in finals and playing our first Qualifying Final since 2007. In our way is a team who have just recorded their 11th Top 4 finish in 14 years!

This will be our 4th finals meeting:
2004 QF
2007 GF
2013 SF
2020 QF

Let’s hear your thoughts!

E9ED0F63-EF50-4B06-8EC7-96731ECF393E.jpeg

Last edited:

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Worst case scenario coming into finals was facing Geelong.

They've made us their bunny for a long time,
They have failed in finals now for several years and are extremely motivated not to fail again (3 losing PF's in last 4 Seasons)
They absolutely hammered us last time we played.

But hey, the positives are that we cop them at home and not away, plus their recent form has trailed off and maybe the scary mid season form was a case of peaking too early, while we appear to be building.

Honestly if I was to tip, everything in me says that Geelong are better than us and should win, but * it lets give it a red hot crack and see if we can deliver. Opportunities to host a home QF don't come around that often, so lets dare to dream.

Crowd's going to be up for this one, going to be an amazing atmosphere, lets hope the boys are too, because if they are AO will rock like it hasn't in a long while.

#YesWeKen #thecovid150thmiracle

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

They have failed in finals now for several years and are extremely motivated not to fail again (3 losing PF's in last 4 Seasons)

But hey, the positive is that we cop them at home and not away. Plus their recent form has trailed off and maybe the scary mid season form was a case of peaking too early, while we appear to be building.

Honestly if I was to tip, everything in me says that Geelong are better than us and should win, but fu** it lets give it a red hot crack and see if we can deliver. Opportunities to host a home QF don't come around that often, so lets dare to dream.

Crowd's going to be up for this one, going to be an amazing atmosphere, lets hope the boys are too, because if they are AO will rock like it hasn't in a long while.

The way I see it, we beat them all good. We don’t and we drop the non performers.

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A lot has been said about nullifying Hawkins. I reckon Dangerfield is the one to blanket. That's going to be easier because we're much more composed in midfield than we were when we last met. Didn't we keep Hawkins goalless in the game last year?

Anyway Ports by 20, for no logical reason whatsoever - I just saw the song after last night and these blokes look ready to die for each other 👍.

* Geelong and their drugs regimen (they even ADMITTED to buying stuff from Dank lets not forget) whilst Bomber (charged drug dealer and also part of the Essendon scandal) was in charge.

Let's break Dangerfield!

Footy Matt

All Australian
Feb 11, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

But hey, the positive is that we cop them at home and not away. Plus their recent form has trailed off and maybe the scary mid season form was a case of peaking too early, while we appear to be building.

Honestly if I was to tip, everything in me says that Geelong are better than us and should win, but fu** it lets give it a red hot crack and see if we can deliver. Opportunities to host a home QF don't come around that often, so lets dare to dream.

I agree with this. We’ve pretty much given ourself the hardest run to the GF possible by finishing top. If we lose to Geelong yet again, the boys will be down on themselves and will have to back it up by facing a West Coast side who have given us nightmares in recent times the very next week.

If we can finally beat the Cats when it matters though, everything opens up and we possibly have Brisbane at home in a prelim should they lose to Richmond first up.

Biggest PA game since the 07 Grand Final next week. I’ll truly believe in this side again if we can get the job done.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
25k at the moment I’m pretty sure

That's pretty good.

Us Victorians will be extremely envious watching on TV. I'd kill to go to a Suns v North game right now, let alone see my team in a QF...

Back