Roast SPP not in under 22 team is a joke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think its all that surprising. We value him a lot internally, but externally he looks like a dude who picks up 15 touches a week while being tough as nails. Need to find more of the footy to make these sorts of sides - for better or worse.

Pfft. these teams are like AA, they are popularity contests.

If there was an actual international competition to be played the teams would look very, very different.

He's had a great year and is one of our big improvers but I'm not sure who in that team he overtakes
Taranto for one.

As a valuable contributor to the no.1 ranked side for finals, SPP can certainly consider himself pretty stiff. But unlike AA i am not sure this award holds any relevance, so probably not worth getting too worked up over.

Sammy boy congratulations on an awesome year!
Show the w***ers how wrong they are during finals mate!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
AFLPA panel selected squad of 40 - voted on by drongoes - ie the public.

No big drama. Most non Port supporters just don't get how valuable SPP is. He's not flashy enough for the public.

If oppo coaches and scouts are as dumb as the public then that is excellent news. unfortunately they aren't.

Sam was listed only as a forward too in the initial squad so that may have played into him not being selected.

Honestly though, thought he might only have scraped a bench spot at best.

SPP has been a legend this year. Anyone that knows footy can see he does everything you want from a player on and off the ball.

A great team man, who makes the opposition s**t themselves and lifts the intensity of PAFC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos ahead of Powell-Pepper????
WTF

I think Daicos is a sublime talent..but SPP for his consistency and hardness would bash every player in that line up..he should’ve been a walk up start

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The 22 Under 22 is a media confection, probably the worst thing that exists in AFL football, and ultimately meaningless

He's had a great year and is one of our big improvers but I'm not sure who in that team he overtakes

Im taking him over Daicos or Miers every day of the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back