Preview 2020 Qualifying Final 1 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Shortest break for coming top and still no prime time slot , cheers

I don't mind being first up. A 9 day break means we are fresh but not stale.

Geelong shits the bed under pressure. And the pressure will be relentless. Think of the game against Richmond this year, and double it.

There's 2017 Richmond vibes about this team. They weren't rated until they won the flag.

The ticketing looks a bit screwed up.

How many tickets are available to Port Adelaide Football Club Members?
The AFL will distribute an equitable number of tickets within each category to members of both competing clubs for each final. All tickets remaining after the Club Member presale will then be made available to the General Public for purchase.

That seems crazy. Theres only 23k that can go, with 29k qualified members theres way more Port members that will want to go than can get a ticket. And there'll probably be at best 2k Geelong members with the ability to actually attend. So why would there be such a split allocation with Geelong? Surely they arent splitting it, and they are making it mostly Port for the member presale, surely?!?!

It means that a stack of Port members will miss out on a pre allocation and be fighting with general public or members that didn't pledge, for a ticket.

I'm also spewin that as a platinum there are gold, silver and general admin members in the top category. As long as I get a ticket I guess I'm happy, but I hate that the risk is so high of missing out at my membership level.

30k should be the crowd shouldn’t it?

AO Crowd capacity for week 1 of the finals is 23,500 plus 3,000 for Corporate / Hospitality spaces.

The AFL will distribute an equitable number of tickets within each category to members of both competing clubs for each final.

So I'm guessing about 11k tickets will be available to PAFC pledgers in the first allocation.

Closed borders with Vic probably means that many more will be allocated to Port members from the Geelong allocation after that first round of sales.

PAFC have indicated that there will not be a staging/priority mechanism for different member categories as there has been for home games during the season. That to me is unfair and will create a buying panic when the booking site opens.

we/ll have to play the tigers at some stage, if we're successful against the cats, so only a timing difference.

tigers have a better midfield than the cats but we really struggle against the cats defence. In terms of forward line, both have big strong targets, which always keeps our defenders working overtime.

the better side? tigers
the better match up against port? maybe the cats

You'll beat geelong and Richmond will probably beat brisbane. Geelong probably beat Richmond in a prelim. And you'll probably beat brisbane in a prelim.

Gf at the gabba, anyone's guess. But you're fresher and with your high intensity running style, it's as if the gods are on your side. Richmond geelong and west coast all skilled in hard big finals, but this year, hard games not been happening. It's all about the run.

It is the covid Cup, everything we've come to know out the window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AO Crowd capacity for week 1 of the finals is 23,500 plus 3,000 for Corporate / Hospitality spaces.

The AFL will distribute an equitable number of tickets within each category to members of both competing clubs for each final.

So I'm guessing about 11k tickets will be available to PAFC pledgers in the first allocation.

Closed borders with Vic probably means that many more will be allocated to Port members from the Geelong allocation after that first round of sales.

PAFC have not yet indicated that there will be a staging/priority mechanism for different member categories as there has been during the season. That to me is unfair and will create a buying panic when the booking site opens.

Reckon Geelong could scrub up maybe 5,000 supporters from SA. They'd be in the top 5 Vic supported clubs in SA.

PAFC have indicated that there will not be a staging/priority mechanism for different member categories as there has been for home games during the season. That to me is unfair and will create a buying panic when the booking site opens.

There is a priority allocation process. Similar to those for the last home game

There is a priority allocation process. Similar to those for the last home game

Nah - reading that link says the priority 1 group is ALL members who have pledged 100%

PAFC MEMBERS PRIORITY GROUP 1

ON-SALE Friday 25 September, time TBC

11 Game Power Home game members who have pledged 100% of their membership to the Club including;

• Club 1870
  • Black Diamond
  • Platinum (Reserved Seats and Essential Power)
  • Gold (Reserved Seats and Essential Power)
  • Silver
  • General Admission

PAFC MEMBERS PRIORITY GROUP 2

11 Game Power Home game members who have pledged 50-75% of their membership to the Club including;

• Club 1870
  • Black Diamond
  • Silver
  • General Admission

Nah - reading that link says the priority 1 group is ALL members who have pledged 100%

PAFC MEMBERS PRIORITY GROUP 1

11 Game Power Home game members who have pledged 100% of their membership to the Club including;

• Club 1870
  • Black Diamond
  • Silver
  • General Admission

PAFC MEMBERS PRIORITY GROUP 2

11 Game Power Home game members who have pledged 50-75% of their membership to the Club including;

• Club 1870
  • Black Diamond
  • Silver
  • General Admission

Ah so. They have combined the first 2 priority groups into one for all who have pledged 100%. Still shouldn't be much of an issue given the increased capacity.

Starting to get some butterflies in the stomach about this one. One of my closest mates and basically my only close mate who knows anything about football is a diehard Richmond supporter, but likes Port as a club and is generally fair with his judgement on all teams.

Towards the end of the season when we were in some weak form and playing teams like Hawthorn and Essendon with good odds, I used to tell him "make sure to chuck Port losing into your multi, we're flakey as s**t", and he'd tell me that I was insane for thinking that we would lose to some bottoms sides. 8 years of disappointment and mediocrity under Ken, and another 8 before that post-2004 puts a dent in your hopes I told him.

"How'd you think I felt as a Richmond supporter in 2017? 37 years without a premiership, consistent mediocrity in the 2000s and some crap finals performances to boot. We all thought we were going to crumble yet again, but alas, it has to end at some point. Port are up to their eyeballs in it this year, just wait and see."

Felt like running through a brick wall after that one. If Richmond can come back from being knocked out by a 9th placed Carlton in 2013 and embarassed by us in the 2014 Elimination Final to win 2 premierships in 3 years, why can't we? At some point the monkey has to come off the back, and we are no better placed to do it than this year. Farken carn Ports let's start our charge at number 38 with a bang.

Ah so. They have combined the first 2 priority groups into one for all who have pledged 100%. Still shouldn't be much of an issue given the increased capacity.

I think it is madness to group all 100% pledgers in one group - remembering that KT said that about 96% of Port's 46k 2020 members have pledged 100% of their membership fees.

In fact it is so bizarre I reckon it isn't true - I'm certain there will be staging for different member category tiers otherwise the ticketing system wouldn't cope.

There are 5 different pricing tiers for Adelaide Oval finals too so how would that work? Hopefully KT clarifies the matter in the next day or so.
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 3.22.42 pm.png

I think it is madness to group all 100% pledgers in one group - remembering that KT said that about 96% of Port's 46k 2020 members have pledged 100% of their membership fees.

In fact it is so bizarre I reckon it isn't true - I'm certain there will be staging for different member category tiers otherwise the ticketing system wouldn't cope.

There are 5 different pricing tiers for Adelaide Oval finals too so how would that work? Hopefully KT clarifies the matter in the next day or so.
View attachment 967998

29,155 eligible members

What are the priority groups?

The AFL have permitted two (2) priority groups. Therefore 29,155 eligible members have been divided into the following priority groups –

Remove this Banner Ad

Back