Toast 2020 AFL Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think that would be fair to some other midfielders who have legitimately been better than him this year.

Yeah, he's gone under the radar becaue he hasnt be superman Fyfe but I think enough mids have been better than him that it would be unfair for him to be named ahead of them.

Steele, Boak, Neale, Bont and Guthrie have all been better mids this year.

I suppose they MIGHT try to sneak him in on a flank
If Selwood can sneak in in past years then I think Fyfe should be a chance to as well. He's actually rated as the #2 midfielder in the AFL this year (behind only Petracca who also seems a bit underrated for the Brownlow). It's a flawed rating system but when comparing mids it gives some insight into their impact (not just getting big disposal numbers). Pretty incredible when you consider he's been playing forward a fair bit more than normal.

Think Dangerfield will take the one spot that probably goes between those 4. Fyfe missing 3 games hurts him.

Martin should absolutely not make it and Pendles has missed almost a qtr of the season
Dangerfield gets in on reputation. Least threatening, cold player of the three. Dangerfield is all talk. He’s not responsible for Geelong’s rise, just as much as a player like Menegola is. I rate Blicavs higher then Danger tbh. All round class player in every role

If Selwood can sneak in in past years then I think Fyfe should be a chance to as well. He's actually rated as the #2 midfielder in the AFL this year (behind only Petracca who also seems a bit underrated for the Brownlow). It's a flawed rating system but when comparing mids it gives some insight into their impact (not just getting big disposal numbers). Pretty incredible when you consider he's been playing forward a fair bit more than normal.
Since we all know how corrupt the umpires are, they definitely have money on him. Will be throwing 3s his way like no tomorrow

Fyfe was having massive impact on games in which most people watching were giving 3,2 and 1 to other players, even though Fyfe's rating had him right at the top.

We just expect so much from him that an average season for him is still the second best midfielder in the whole competition.

Take the blinkers off. Tabs was not AA material this year, but a spot in the squad is well deserved recognition.
How is that blinkers? He has dominated in a team that missed finals. Absolutely he deserves a spot. The other two key forwards finished in the top 4.....he's gonna get screwed, but he's definitely had an AA year.

I dont think that would be fair to some other midfielders who have legitimately been better than him this year.

Yeah, he's gone under the radar becaue he hasnt be superman Fyfe but I think enough mids have been better than him that it would be unfair for him to be named ahead of them.

Steele, Boak, Neale, Bont and Guthrie have all been better mids this year.

I suppose they MIGHT try to sneak him in on a flank
Bench imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't there a point near the end of the season where Taberner was the most accurate of the FFs and was the best contested? Played half the games in not so favourable weather also. Those things shouldn't be overlooked for that role, so if he makes it before Fyfe I wouldn't be surprised.

Wasn't there a point near the end of the season where Taberner was the most accurate of the FFs and was the best contested? Played half the games in not so favourable weather also. Those things shouldn't be overlooked for that role, so if he makes it before Fyfe I wouldn't be surprised.
The problem for him is he is behind Dixon for contested marks and behind Hawkins for marks i50, and behind both with goals etc. I'm expecting they'll only go with 2 KPFs, 3 small FWDs in Butler, Papley and Ryan and then a MID/FWD so they can fit all the top mids in to the team. He's bloody close and making the 40 is incredible recognition for the hard work he's put in regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back