Prediction Changes vs Collingwood 1st Elim Final @ Optus SATURDAY 3rd OCT 6.10PM WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha good on you champ for having a go. Not really the board to discuss Richmond but Lol yes I remember last season vividly. You're referring to the season where Richmond didn't play a single match with a home ground advantage until Round 12 :) A very difficult start to the year followed by an easy run into the finals (featuring your team lol). I suppose they threw the whole "it's not great to have an easy run into finals" theory out the window in lieu of Kane Cornes VicBias sob story when Richmond went up and won an away final to Brisbane the following week haha

There's a massive difference between any given season where some teams get an advantage during the year (See eagles free kick differential the last 20 years) who then forfeit that advantage for the grand final location where it all works out in the wash.... and this year where you're playing a team that hasn't played a game with a home ground advantage at all.

If you let the facts speak for themselves your win/loss percentage away from OS is lower than Collingwoods. Ie if you were forced into a hub like Collingwood you would have finished 8th or missed finals altogether. But yeah, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. You "earned" your home state final. ;)
:$ :$ :$ It takes an enormous amount of insecurity to make a post like this on a oppo board. Not the first tugger supporter either.

Hey gents, what is the state of the injury list being reported over there ahead of the finals? I have a contact over there who works in the sports medicine field who tells me none of kennedy mcgovern shuey yeo redden hutchings jetta will be playing week 1 of finals. what's the club saying? hard to find anything definitive online
Yeo is now in serious doubt for the rest of the year.

Redden, Kennedy & Shuey are likely. McGovern a chance but probably still more unlikely than likely.

Jetta and Hutchings both are likely but on the selection fringe. I think Jetta plays but not Hutchings.

So, the loser of the Port v Geelong match gets an extra two days recovery than the winner of the Eagles v Collingwood game. Nice and balanced as always.

Loser of the qualifying final pretty much always gets a longer break than the winner of the elimination final.

So, the loser of the Port v Geelong match gets an extra two days recovery than the winner of the Eagles v Collingwood game. Nice and balanced as always.

Personally I agree with you and would have rathered the AFL schedule us either Thursday or Friday night. But the AFL granted the clubs preferred time slot.

:arrowdown::arrowdown::arrowdown:

Speaking on radio before the announcement, Eagles chief executive Trevor Nisbett identified the club’s preference for the fixture would be the Saturday night timeslot.

“If we had a choice it would probably be Saturday to assist our members and supporters to get along and to have 35,000 along will be fantastic for not only the club but fantastic for everyone in football,” Nisbett said on ABC Radio this morning."

SSSSsssssuuuper SSsssssaaaaturday blockbuster boiz.

Gonna be some of this

CHR78uR.gif

Get down Maynard ya dawg. Something about campaigners with the name Brayden.

Very happy we get the prime time Saturday night timeslot

Hopefully conditions are dry and warm in Perth

What sort of capacity limit has the WA government allowed us for the game?

Saturday night is perfect. Gives our banged up squad a few extra days to recover and hopefully be fit.
Allows the crowd attending to have a proper night out - Thursday night finals suck.
It gives the top 4 teams a longer break than us, as it should be.
Will mean if we win we will likely play Friday night Semi. No big deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if this has been discussed, because a changes thread being on page 11 already is insane so I skipped to the last page, but if we matched up on Port next week, would we be allowed to fly in for the game and return to Perth?

Or would we not have long enough to tick off the 7 day quarantine period given to interstate sides flying into WA for finals and thus we'd have to relocate to Qld and fly into SA from there?

Or would we not have long enough to tick off the 7 day quarantine period given to interstate sides flying into WA for finals and thus we'd have to relocate to Qld and fly into SA from there?
My guess is we'll relocate to QLD on Tuesday or so and then fly out to Adelaide on Thurs/Fri. Assuming we win of course.

So what you're all saying is there's no chance we could return to WA after playing in SA if that's how things fall? I wonder if we're seeking approval for various scenarios to establish a FIFO model.

In saying that though I dont see the issue with us flying to Adelaide just before the game and then flying on to QLD if we win it.

It seems the logical choice - if 2 results go that way (who knows though).

Would be crazy if we flew to qld, booked into a hotel - then flew to Adelaide to play a game (that, if we were to lose would end our season).

Got to beat the pies first of course - then worry about it!

You guys will win this. Counters every part of our game...

Our defence is supposed to be #1 and still leaks goals every 2 minutes against ur forward line.

Roughhead is supposed to be the best stoppers in the game, but still how conceded 5 goals against Kennedy, when he has held EVERY other forward to 1 goal or less (including Hawkins, Dixon etc)...

Our midfield is supposed to be competent around the ground but gets whipped by yours even when missing players.

Our forward has sucked and has continued to suck against you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back