Preview Rising Star 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was just looking to see what the qualification rules are for Rising Star. 10 or less games and under 21 on Jan 1, 2021.

Then I went looking to see if McAsey would qualify. 10 games. How convenient. Luck or good management? Perhaps this is why we didn't see him at the end of the year.

Other high chances: Schoenberg (8 games), Sholl (8), Hamill (8), Butts (2g, 20yr 11m), McHenry (8).

Then you will have this years high draft picks.

Plus Gollant, Worrell and OConnor.

Shouldn't be a bad year for us for rising star hopefully.

Yeah you'd think we have four pretty big chances at nominations, potentially five depending on how McHenry develops next year

Was just looking to see what the qualification rules are for Rising Star. 10 or less games and under 21 on Jan 1, 2021.

Then I went looking to see if McAsey would qualify. 10 games. How convenient. Luck or good management? Perhaps this is why we didn't see him at the end of the year.

Other high chances: Schoenberg (8 games), Sholl (8), Hamill (8), Butts (2g, 20yr 11m), McHenry (8).

McAsey would have a pretty good start on the "body of work" requirement for a round 1 nomination. Because that's how it works so we keep hearing.

We should get a good number of noms but Rowell (injury pending) will absolutely slay it

Could be the first player to be nominated twice since Orazio Fantasia in 2015/16. Very rare to happen but would absolutely expect the dual-nom for Rowell

I thought Witherden got the dual nom a few years back? Could be wrong
Hard to understand why Alex is on the outer at Brisbane unless he's not following his coach's instructions, always seemed a pretty decent lad from the outside so you wouldn't think it would be off field issues. I reckon he might have Vic clubs especially sniffing around.

Hard to understand why Alex is on the outer at Brisbane unless he's not following his coach's instructions, always seemed a pretty decent lad from the outside so you wouldn't think it would be off field issues. I reckon he might have Vic clubs especially sniffing around.
You'd think the Cats would be all over him, being a Geelong lad himself

No clue why he isn't getting games though unless he's just not in the best of form compared to 2017/18. Hell, old Grant Birchall is ahead of him in the pecking order

We should get a good number of noms but Rowell (injury pending) will absolutely slay it
Why wont Rowell win this years? Surely he put in a pretty good body of work before being injured. Has anyone subsequently gone past it? I admit Ive hardly seen any AFL this year, so if I'm miles off don't be too harsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the knock on him was leg speed?

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unless he gets an injury meaning he is out for more than 10 games, Rowell's name will already be engraved onto the trophy.
You also need to consider his body of work this year apparently

fish was just tired. IMO
he will look very different next year and i expect he will play forward at least initially

Unless he gets an injury meaning he is out for more than 10 games, Rowell's name will already be engraved onto the trophy.
You also need to consider his body of work this year apparently

Rowell could kick goals for the opposition and they still would have to give them the votes, based on that body of work bs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back