USA President elections 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

With less than two months to go, things are heating up with Trump attending a Town Hall meeting on ABC yesterday and Biden to appear in a similar setting on CNN tomorrow.

Also the debates will start in two weeks.

I am not sure that anything will change the voters at this stage that is unless of course the Durham report is dropped and finds that the Democrats spied on Trump's election.

Personally I believe that the result will be tight but if Biden/Harris do win it will be more of a protest vote against Trump than voting for Biden. Just my opinion.

The amount of money being spent by both sides is mind boggling, I feel sorry for the ones that donate small sums, big money will always win.

For Trump to win he needs to learn to listen and stay on track as his performance yesterday was poor (who thought that was a good idea). Then there is Biden who is yet to face independent questioning by reporters and is mainly speaking from written notes or a teleprompter. He also has that problem of stuttering when he speaks especially when pronouncing words that begin with W, P, D, S,and F.

My brother is a stutterer and although has improved remarkably, when he is excited or very serious, still slips up.

Shame there isn't an upper range limit on who can stand for the Presidency, despite there being a minimum age.

Due to Covid, this will be unlike any other election, will be interesting how each side handles it.

I am looking forward to the Vice Presidency debate between Harris and Pence.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Moving it here.
Markfs said:

People seem to be passionate anti-trumpites but I dont see the same people passionate about Biden.... They just see him as a better alternative. I just wish Bernie was in the breach but I hate his age. Some of the other democrat candidates were curiously unvoteable for a lot of americans. Dont they have a 40 or 50 year old man with a wife and kids who has supported working people during his life? I know its old hat and we need to have minorities as candidates, but do they ever consider what middle america is looking for? I would even accept a mildly christian person as a candidate, but so many times they are extreme. Just look at Mike Pence on the other side. A raving loony toon fundamentalist. Anyway, back to the point I'm making. Joe is vanilla enough but he's so old and obviously a little old in the brain. Couldnt the democrats done a little better?

I actually agree with a lot of this.

I don't get that they have a minimum age but not a maximum.

During the debates, I quite liked Warren but again her age so eventually settled on Harris so actually may end up being President as Biden might not complete full term.

If Trump wins, it will mean that not only has he retained his base but the Independents as well. If Biden wins, I think that it may be more of a 'not Trump' vote rather than a Biden vote sadly.

Trump will win.
Not because the majority like him, it will be a protest vote against the Dems.

People have had a gut full of BLM and Antifa. They have had a gut full of their cities burning down and they have had a gut full of the hypocricy of people like Lori Lightfoot and Nancy Palosi.
Also it doesn't help that the Dems have gone with a candidate that age has clearly caught up on.

If I was an American I would vote for Trump. I hate him but for me the election would be a case of the lesser of two evils.

This will once again come down to the Electoral College,
There is ZERO chance Trump will win the popular vote,As proven in 2016.
Now where is Trump targeting to get votes needed and pay attention to where he visits.
It's mainly the rust belt which he won not so convincingly in 2016.
Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania .
Now let's thrown in some other states such as North Carolina,Florida,Texas,Georgia and Nebraska not to mention Ohio.
Early voting starts next week in some States hence the panic from the Trump administration.
A blue wave is coming.

Trump will win.
Not because the majority like him, it will be a protest vote against the Dems.

People have had a gut full of BLM and Antifa. They have had a gut full of their cities burning down and they have had a gut full of the hypocricy of people like Lori Lightfoot and Nancy Palosi.
Also it doesn't help that the Dems have gone with a candidate that age has clearly caught up on.

If I was an American I would vote for Trump. I hate him but for me the election would be a case of the lesser of two evils.
I am hoping Biden wins, becomes unwell and Harris is President.;)

Edit. I had to look up who Lightfoot was.:D

I am hoping Biden wins, becomes unwell and Harris is President.;)

Edit. I had to look up who Lightfoot was.:D
Lightwood is truly a nasty piece of work.
I can't believe people like her get elected.

If Biden does win I think the scenario you mentioned will happen.
So it's really Harris V Trump.
I don't know enough about Harris to make an opinion on her.

Lightwood is truly a nasty piece of work.
I can't believe people like her get elected.

If Biden does win I think the scenario you mentioned will happen.
So it's really Harris V Trump.
I don't know enough about Harris to make an opinion on her.
Pretty smart lady. I was surprised she didn't do better in the lead ups. Totally overshadowed by Warren and Sanders.

This is going to be an interesting election and not sure the loser will go down quietly.

Best they can hope for that it is a resounding win but don't think so.

I think Trump will win and I hope he does. Incumbents rarely lose elections in the US.

No point worrying about the popular vote, the election will come down to the following battleground states:
  • Florida (29)
  • Pennsylvania (20)
  • Michigan (16)
  • North Carolina (15)
  • Arizona (11)
  • Wisconsin (10)
  • Minnesota (10)
  • Nebraska's 2nd District (1)
Other states to keep an eye on, though I don't think they'll flip to the other side:
  • Texas (38)
  • Ohio (18)
  • Georgia (16)
  • Iowa (6)
  • Nevada (6)
  • New Hampshire (4)
  • Maine (2)
  • Maine's 2nd District (1)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad for our US friends that the two options are creepy old men who are unlikely to change much about their country either way.

I think their treat their politicians like rock stars (love or hate) and the two parties have the system sewn up so they don't have to do too much to get elected, people get sick of one side and swing naturally top the other.

I guess it works for them, or at least the rich ones because the US is a great success but its o great for the poor people.

I don't like any of our politicians but I trust Andrews and Morrison more than any one of those Yanks.

If you could read my mind .....
Ask Edmund Fitzgerald.

Do you ever check the source? There is so much wrong in that article which made me check.

View attachment 968196
I don’t agree Maggie
for a start it came via John Anderson who I have a lot of respect for
and your source checks are often wrong in my opinion

I don’t agree Maggie
for a start it came via John Anderson who I have a lot of respect for
and your source checks are often wrong in my opinion
Who is John Anderson and what makes him more of an expert than Media Bias?

This is wrong to begin with!

The media assure us that the Trump administration’s handling of the pandemic has been a disaster. But their conclusions are not supported by any evidence.

Who is John Anderson and what makes him more of an expert than Media Bias?

This is wrong to begin with!

The media assure us that the Trump administration’s handling of the pandemic has been a disaster. But their conclusions are not supported by any evidence.
John Anderson is the former deputy prime minister of australia.

and regarding the second phrase, again, that’s your opinion based on your sources : it doesn’t make it mine

John Anderson is the former deputy prime minister of australia.

and regarding the second phrase, again, that’s your opinion based on your sources : it doesn’t make it mine
So not an expert on Trump nor covid. Okay.

So not an expert on Trump nor covid. Okay.
Maggie there is no need to be so combative, people have a right to disagree with you

John Anderson shared the article. Obviously he has some respect for what is being said.
The fact that you so easily dismiss the contents of the article highlights the point the author is making.

i don’t care if you believe it or not, your sources are not the be all and end all, in fact many people discredit them.
If they’re your go-to bible fair enough, they’re not mine

And the article is about the media’s treatment of Trump, it’s not pertaining to be an expert on anything.

I don't know what's more concerning: the fact that a respected historian would write such drivel or that people uncritically agree with the arguments put forward. You can argue Trump gets unfair media coverage, you can argue he gets overtly negative coverage, and you can argue there's an inherent liberal media bias, but the assertions made in the article are laughable.

I mean, if you think Trump has done a reasonable job handling the pandemic, then all power to you.

I don't think it's wrong to assert a liberal media bias, but to give it any semblance of weight is unwarranted. Those who give primacy to media bias in politics are same people who complain about the umpiring when their sporting team loses. It's lazy, misplaced rationalisation.

Maggie there is no need to be so combative, people have a right to disagree with you

John Anderson shared the article. Obviously he has some respect for what is being said.
The fact that you so easily dismiss the contents of the article highlights the point the author is making.

i don’t care if you believe it or not, your sources are not the be all and end all, in fact many people discredit them.
If they’re your go-to bible fair enough, they’re not mine

And the article is about the media’s treatment of Trump, it’s not pertaining to be an expert on anything.
It may come across as combative to you but on my part it is more frustration that people so readily believe 'one side'. I am not sure when critical thinking disappeared.

I could equally say that you tend to disregard any other point of view that doesn't suit your mindset.

Further, I always check sources irrespective of which side has written/posted, then form my own view. I don't believe it all.

It may come across as combative to you but on my part it is more frustration that people so readily believe 'one side'. I am not sure when critical thinking disappeared.

I could equally say that you tend to disregard any other point of view that doesn't suit your mindset.

Further, I always check sources irrespective of which side has written/posted, then form my own view. I don't believe it all.
I know how you feel😁
Works both ways

Remove this Banner Ad

Back