Rising Star 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

You dont think the judges watch highlight packages for each of the players?

Or do you think they all watch all 200 games each year.

Id hope that anyone working as an expert in the media would watch every game at least once. And about half the games analysed in detail each week.

Not sure how many games you have to play to win it, but I'm calling 10 games making it a small field. Anderson by a mile. Consistently in the top RS all year. 1st is a common sight on RS statistical rankings (14 of 39). Serong clear second. Again consistently good once he got going. (5 of 39) Third is out of King and Day. I think the forward wins. 19 goals in a year so stingy on goals is a great effort. Day for class and poise in a poorly performing team. For 5th I'm going Starcevich. Held his spot in a top performing defense. Rankine misses out. Not sure about him. Certainly got highlights but some serious flaws in his game. Pickett and Buderick solid but no votes.
Looking at the 17 nominees so far, they look like a pretty strong bunch, only so many have played less than 10 games. Rowell, Green, Taylor, Georgiades, Quaynor, Riccardi, Jackson and others all shown a bit.
Anderson "by a mile".

You haven't watched Serong at all have you mate? Clearly the better season, hence why he's favourite.

Disposals wise yes. Impact on the game has been minimal imo.
Eh? He was our only midfielder that was carrying the ball forward and moving around packs.
Think Serong has the Rising Star with Anderson right behind him. Great years for both young fellas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't have predicted this!;)

Seriously, unsurprising, after last week. Another piece of evidence to show how scripted the AFL is, though.

Couldn't have predicted this!;)

Seriously, unsurprising, after last week. Another piece of evidence to show how scripted the AFL is, though.

They deserve all the ridicule they can get.

FFS its not that hard of a job to nominate a player and they still managed to f**k it up and draw scrutiny.

Even with their stupid system they have in place, I dont have a problem if they picked a player based on his effort during the year, but dont do it in round, where there is a clear standout and it will make you look like a bunch of 'silly people.

My "sources" tell me that Quaynor is a smokey.
hqdefault.jpg

They deserve all the ridicule they can get.

FFS its not that hard of a job to nominate a player and they still managed to f**k it up and draw scrutiny.

Even with their stupid system they have in place, I dont have a problem if they picked a player based on his effort during the year, but dont do it in round, where there is a clear standout and it will make you look like a bunch of 'silly people.
Almost like at times they just randomly make a decision, without any real analysis or thought and hope that the masses either accept it, or don't notice.

Phew! Thank goodness they gave it to Sholl this week. I don't think I could have survived another episode of the childish carry-on which followed Isaac Quaynor's well deserved nomination last week. "Body of work" has always been the criteria to earn a nomination, despite claims to the contrary. Sholl has now put in 2 creditable performances, and has now achieved his nomination.

I hope we don't ever see a repeat of the unedifying behaviour following last weeks nomination. Puerile in the extreme.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back