Toast 2020 McLelland Trophy Winners

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No there was never any prize money for finishing first. You guys are thinking of when the AFL decided to increase prize money from $300k to $1.2m and the club split the $$$ with the players.

The winner of the preseason comp used to get about double the prizemoney of winner of the flag before the above changed around 2006.

On the Kayo coverage of the game on Monday they mentioned that the club who finishes top normally gets a $1million bonus but this year it is more like $500k.
They could of course be talking out of their blowholes, just reporting what was said.

On the Kayo coverage of the game on Monday they mentioned that the club who finishes top normally gets a $1million bonus but this year it is more like $500k.
They could of course be talking out of their blowholes, just reporting what was said.
Yes teams who finish top by winning the grand final and its $1.2m for winner of flag, $600k for GF loser and 300k for PF losers, and less for SF and EF losers. Wouldn't be surprised if finals prize monies will be cut in half.

This t-shirt gives me memories of the march to the MCG before the 2014 prelim vs Hawthorn and everyone was chanting,

"Super, Super Ken, Super, Super Ken, Super, Super Ken, Super Kenny Hinkley".

I remember starting a "Yes We Ken" chant as Ken was talking at the post match after the 2014 semi final, right after Chokito got up on stage and sung "I Believe I Can Fly".

Imagine if someone had told you we wouldn't win another final for at least another 6 years lol.

Back