Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure they were given an option. According some in the media they were told they were playing in Adelaide but objected and the game was relocated to Brisbane. That is the point a Melbourne club objects and the issue is resolved in their favour but if we attempt to demand our rights e.g wearing our home guernsey in a home final as happened in 2014 we get a compromise solution which was the AFL allowing us to wear the PB guernsey because it suited them.

AFL official stance is you have to play home finals at the biggest available venue in your home state. They effectively only consider not travelling what constitutes a 'home' game. Forcing St Kilda to travel to host a final in Adelaide would be a significant departure from this policy.

What's more it's a minnow Melbourne club, where the AFL has shown time and tie again they have no trouble screwing over. It's not a Vic vs the rest, it's a Big $ Club v Small $ Club issue. Never should have even been considered, but they thought they could get away with it since it was St Kilda.

I agree that St Kilda have the right to choose where they play the final. I just don't understand why that chose the Gabba.

I agree that St Kilda have the right to choose where they play the final. I just don't understand why that chose the Gabba.
They are in the hub in Queensland so won't have to travel and if they win their next game will most likely also be at the Gabba.

So St Kilda do not want to play their final in Adelaide and bleat to Gillion and the AFL. The AFL schedule the Saints game at the Gabba.

Meanwhile Port are still fighting for the right to wear a traditional guernsey in home Showdowns.

Another example of the AFL bending over for the Victorian clubs.
St Kilda are two from two in Adelaide, why wouldn't you?

They got October plans or something?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

"Nicks has free reign to decide who he wants on his coaching panel"

> A bunch of ex-crows are added to the coaching group

Somehow I doubt Nicks was like "yeah lets get these ex-crows regardless of merit!", this has come from somewhere else lmao.

Cheapness a big factor.

There's a stench around that club that quality people want no part of. Who would want to work under Roo & Fages?

They are in the hub in Queensland so won't have to travel and if they win their next game will most likely also be at the Gabba.

There's no benefit as the Bulldogs are up their too.

At the Adelaide Oval they could have more of their fans at the game and they've won here twice this year already.

Not to mention the fact that surely teams would rather play with a football instead of a cake of soap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"scott burns" is the crows great hope and saviour. most famous for smashing voss with all his might and getting a goal kicked on him in reply

AFL official stance is you have to play home finals at the biggest available venue in your home state. They effectively only consider not travelling what constitutes a 'home' game. Forcing St Kilda to travel to host a final in Adelaide would be a significant departure from this policy.
Not really.

See Geelong's one and only Kardinia final, the loss to Freo. MCG wasn't available but Marvel was.
Also GWS vs Bulldogs at Spotless Stadium, not the SCG.
They've also been talking about letting a Victorian side chose to play a "home final" at Metricon against Brisbane.

Its really just a "finals to be played at the MCG if its available" decision.

Pendles as captain of the year?

Isn’t this the club that was favourites to win the minor premiership, underperformed, had two of its stars in court for serious breaches of the law and threatened to cancel the season because they refused to hub before limping into finals where their expected to get knocked out immediately?
Its the same group that voted Ted Captain of the year twice in a row.

The first time you could take as a pity vote for being Captain in the season that Phil Walsh was murdered. The second one just shows they don't care.
Pendles probably won it because it was voted in the last week and there's been so much media about him.

At the Adelaide Oval they could have more of their fans at the game and they've won here twice this year already. ....
They would end up with about as many St Kilda fans as Bulldogs fans at AO given no one can travel from Victoria for the game. They've also won three games at the Gabba in 2020 including beating the Giants in round 18.

At the Adelaide Oval they could have more of their fans at the game and they've won here twice this year already.

Not to mention the fact that surely teams would rather play with a football instead of a cake of soap.
They're hubbed at Noosa. If they play at the Gabba they get to stay at their base in Noosa instead of having to get up and travel. Thats the big benefit of choosing to have the final at the Gabba.

Plus they get another game at the Grand Final venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back