Best side outside of the 8 - and finals bound 2021

Freo, Sydney and GC heading in the right direction.

Other teams are yo-yos

Carlton the easiest to join them, think a mid or two and their much better

GWS, Melbourne and Essendon are head fu**s.

Hawks, North and Adelaide to spend some time at the bottom.

Swans are at least 2 years away.
Developed a good group for the midfield.
Still need to sort out Ruck and KPD and KPF.

Goomba1973

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Mets
In this order

Melbourne a couple of tweaks here and there to sort their scoring and they'll push top 4 next season
Freo so much upside to this young team
Carlton fix the fade out for a quarter issue, and lock them in the the top 8
Gold Coast like and East Coast Freo - lots of upside to them
GWS looks on the decline , something is not quite right at GWS and can see more players leaving, smashed in the GF in 2019 and barely turned up this year..... Adelaide 2.0? .
Sydney - rebuild in progress.
Adelaide showed glimpses and a bit of gut at the end of this season and will translate to a few more wins next season.
Essendon - The progress they will make next year we should have seen this year but the dual coach thing delayed it.
Hawthorn -In part they are a victim of the fantastic success in the first 1/2 of the decade. By not putting much focus on the draft and looking for ready made trades to keep the momentum going, they stifled the development of younger players and gone backwards. They were also very poorly coached this year. They tried to implement a game plan that required the cattle of the 2013-2015 era to make it work, Clarkson did not evolve his plan to go with his list. They will vie for the spoon with North Melbourne.
North Melbourne football club without much direction, a near total cleanout is required, will battle the Hawks for the spoon.

Last edited:

Goomba1973

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Mets
The teams that clearly arent
North
Essendon
Adelaide
Hawthorn

The teams that have a shout but probably another 12 months away
Gold Coast
Sydney

The teams that could easily be finals bound 2021
Freo
GWS
Melbourne
Carlton

I've got the Gold Coast above GWS next year. Gold coast are not that far off the pace and remind me of 2017/2018 Brisbane team

Aug 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
At the moment, based from most likely to least likely I'd say.. Giants, Blues, Dockers, Demons, Swans, Crows, Suns, Hawks, Bombers, Kangaroos - I think most of these sides can actually make it if they got some things together because they've shown glimpses of playing great footy

Sportsmad93

Debutant
Sep 19, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Melbourne is tricky, so Fremantle and GWS for me followed by Gold Coast, Carlton then Sydney. Gold Coast will have Rowell back next season.

FastLane

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2012
club tropicana
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
#TEAMWHAM
Fairly biased, yet Longmuir has had an amazing year- injuries combined with learning a new game style made the first half look ugly- yet back half of the year we have shown the football world we are definitely on the right track,

Defence is rock solid, midfield really well balanced and just need to make sure we stop drafting head cases and forward line will be the final piece of the puzzle.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Gotta be Freo.

The Summer of Expectation is back with a vengeance!

* No Incoming False Prophets!
* Shiny New Coach - basically still in his wrapper!
* Brayshaw, Cerra, Serooooong!
* 3 Headed Monster up forward - TABS! LOBB! HOGES! GOOOOALS!
* New and Improved Strength and Conditioning!

Back