News Delistings: Knight, Taylor, Wilson (more to come)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad about Knights, really wanted him to come good. Hopefully someone picks him up. Heart on his sleeve kind of player, never forget the tears in Perth after his first game and the goals against the doggies.
It's just Knight. We did have a player called Knights at one point, was traded to Richmond, got injured and was never seen again.

Why only 3 at the moment? Why not do them all at once? I’m thinking they have 3 players lined up to come in, so they make room for 3.. The rest will go once list sizes are finalised so they’ll know how much more room to make for draftees and other possible recruits..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why only 3 at the moment? Why not do them all at once? I’m thinking they have 3 players lined up to come in, so they make room for 3.. The rest will go once list sizes are finalised so they’ll know how much more room to make for draftees and other possible recruits..

Could coincide with exit meetings...

There was a rumour when we took Wilson in the rookie draft that he actually wanted to go to the suns and that the suns were gonna grab him with their next pick..

if this rumour is true..

then you’d have to feel a bit for the bloke.. he was given * all opportunity at the crows even with his form last year having him in the running for a magarey...

he would’ve been given far more opportunities at the suns in the last three or so years.

again, if true, he’d have to be filthy really.. it has ruined any chance, no matter how slim, he had at an AFL career.

Good luck for the future Patrick..Didnt make it for us at AFL level... but... I definately enjoyed watching you play for us in the SANFL..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McAdam seems to be going OK though (albeit not rookie listed).

Not rookie listed and not a midfielder though.

I don't think many clubs have had success drafting mature, previously not AFL listed midfielders from lower leagues. There's been a few role players that have seen success (back pocket, forward pocket) but for mids you really need main draft quality or young rookies

I read somewhere that they were conducting reviews today and tomorrow. Perhaps these guys were in todays reviews and tomorrow we will see more.

Last edited:
We usually release a batch early, followed by another tranche after the trading period.

Those released today have zero trade value. No doubt the club & player managers have been shopping them for a while, and nobody has shown any interest. That's why it's safe to announce them now.

Knight will always have a sentimental place in my heart given how his debut was tied up with the Walsh tragedy, but yeah, time to let him go.

Taylor is probably a last in, first out basis, and Wilson was seemingly just on the list to provide a big body at SANFL level, so nothing really surprising there.

Really dislike the way some people on here send a player off. Guys like Knight gave a s**t about the club. I still have that image of him walking off the WACA after the eagles game after Walshy's passing. A young kid who had potential and crying his eyes out showed he cared for Walsh and the club. He may not have achieved the level we all wanted of him but if your going to say something at least be respectful. Its not like this is about Burton leaving.

I hope he finds another home and can do well.

I wish all 3 players well - Knight, Wilson and Taylor. Taylor has a right to feel hard done by, given that COVID meant he never had an opportunity to represent the club at any level (other than a few scratch matches). Knight gave us a few decent memories, but ultimately wasn't up to the standard. Still wondering WTF they were thinking when they drafted Wilson.

Good luck in whatever the future holds for you guys.

Not rookie listed and not a midfielder though.

I don't think many clubs have had success drafting mature, previously not AFL listed midfielders from lower leagues. There's been a few role players that have seen success (back pocket, forward pocket) but for mids you really need main draft quality or young rookies
Marlion Pickett? Tim Kelly? John Noble is 23. How old was Zorko?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back