Moved Thread Bailey Smith vs Sam Walsh

Who's better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be the same from the Dogs fans if it was the other way round, just enjoy the ride.
Lol dogs fans have finals to talk about. Not coaches votes taking into account games from 18 months ago. I don’t see any dogs fans claiming Bont to be the best player in the AFL last year when he won the coaches votes award last year.

But Carlton fans, “enjoy the ride” 😂😂

Lol dogs fans have finals to talk about. Not coaches votes taking into account games from 18 months ago. I don’t see any dogs fans claiming Bont to be the best player in the AFL last year when he won the coaches votes award last year.

But Carlton fans, “enjoy the ride” 😂😂
You sound a bit upset mate? Didn't think Sammy's win would affect you so much but there we go ;)

You sound a bit upset mate? Didn't think Sammy's win would affect you so much but there we go ;)
Haha it doesn’t effect me at all. What would I have to be sad about? I get to watch Bailey Smith play in a big final next week. Can’t wait for it.

But enjoy the ride mate ! 😂

Haha it doesn’t effect me at all. What would I have to be sad about? I get to watch Bailey Smith play in a big final next week. Can’t wait for it.

Okay, but what does a team's achievement have to do with the individuals in question? If we're playing that game we could mention how we smashed the Dogs this year :joycat: That was an enjoyable ride.

Okay, but what does a team's achievement have to do with the individuals in question? If we're playing that game we could mention how we smashed the Dogs this year :joycat: That was an enjoyable ride.
What does a team achievement have to do with it? he’s going to finish top 5 in our best and fairest. And has made us a much better side this year.

Congratulations on winning your grand final by beating us in round 5 mate. Hopefully Carlton can release the game on blue ray. So you can relive what a wonderful night it was for your footy club.

Surely taking the piss in this hit and giggle half arse season played up in butt * nowhere, I don't even think ill watch the grand final this year if you can even call it that playing half a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We calling our season a failure because we didn't make finals? lol

Anything less then a premiership is failure, this wouldn't have been a pass year for us full season or not.

I think our season we finished at least one or two wins behind our projected target, so from that POV, you can argue it was a failure. But mitigating circumstances like the COVID19 etc was a very unusual scenario.

As for the Dogs, I think they have to at least win a final (beat The Saints) for their season to be called a success. Had some great wins followed by some diabolical losses. But they definitely look better when Naughton came back, who is a gem.

Bailey Smith has had a terrific year and is and will be a star, I am not going to state who between them is better or had the better year.

What I do want to jump on is the avalanch of idiocy that took place early in the year with Walsh. Whilst not playing terrible, it was like the previous year was completely forgotten and suddenly he became the 20th best from his draft.

I think On the Couch did a segment where they said they would take Walsh 7th if they were going to redo the top 10. I'm not going to even mention the idiot that share a name with a toad, but it was non-stop.

The kid broke all sorts of records last year. Suddenly it meant nothing.

There was this weird lust desperate to put the boot in and I just did not get it. I don't think Walsh is a dirty player. He's not a diver. He doesn't squib a contest. He isn't all cheap possessions. He is not a sniper. He does rub players face in it. He works his butt out and is still lightly framed. He has all the attribute to be the kind of player to be like by most fans (like a Pendlebury or Neale). I just want to know why there was this eagerness to really lay into him?

Strange there's Norfth fans in here when they don't even know what youth are.
Round 18 - Average Age
Carlton: 26y 56d
North: 25y 254d

Round 18 - Total Games Experience
Carlton: 2472
North: 2062

Round 18 - Players Over 30
Carlton: 5
North: 3

Round 18 - Players 22 or younger
Carlton: 7
North: 8

Round 18 - Players with 30 career games or less
Carlton: 3
North: 8

Finals Played in 2020
Carlton: 0
North: 0

Bailey Smith has had a terrific year and is and will be a star, I am not going to state who between them is better or had the better year.

What I do want to jump on is the avalanch of idiocy that took place early in the year with Walsh. Whilst not playing terrible, it was like the previous year was completely forgotten and suddenly he became the 20th best from his draft.

I think On the Couch did a segment where they said they would take Walsh 7th if they were going to redo the top 10. I'm not going to even mention the idiot that share a name with a toad, but it was non-stop.

The kid broke all sorts of records last year. Suddenly it meant nothing.

There was this weird lust desperate to put the boot in and I just did not get it. I don't think Walsh is a dirty player. He's not a diver. He doesn't squib a contest. He isn't all cheap possessions. He is not a sniper. He does rub players face in it. He works his butt out and is still lightly framed. He has all the attribute to be the kind of player to be like by most fans (like a Pendlebury or Neale). I just want to know why there was this eagerness to really lay into him?
Australia. Tall Poppy Syndrome.

Unfortunately due to circumstances (you're club is crap) we have to cut your ride short. Sit back and enjoy watching the other riders. Hey at least you got to see your club play in September for once.

Unfortunately due to circumstances (you're club is crap) we have to cut your ride short. Sit back and enjoy watching the other riders. Hey at least you got to see your club play in September for once.
Hehe, seems a few of you Doggies fans took a bit of unintended bait with the whole "enjoy the ride" thing, as I actually originally meant that in terms of the banter in this thread and whole having to one up each other thing. It had nothing to do with the award itself, which should be obvious if anyone revisits my original post without their offended lenses on ;)

FYI though I didn't want my club to play finals, as I felt we weren't ready. You guys will want to hope your club is.

Hehe, seems a few of you Doggies fans took a bit of unintended bait with the whole "enjoy the ride" thing, as I actually originally meant that in terms of the banter in this thread and whole having to one up each other thing. It had nothing to do with the award itself, which should be obvious if anyone revisits my original post without their offended lenses on ;)

FYI though I didn't want my club to play finals, as I felt we weren't ready. You guys will want to hope your club is.
I didn't want my club to play finals. I've heard it all now

Back