Podcast We Talk Footy podcast - Top 10 Most Important West Coast Eagles Goals of All-Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey gang

The podcast I co-host, We Talk Footy, is starting a new series of footy podcasts. We'll come up with a Top 10 and run through it, with vision of the action and us talking about it. The first one we've recorded is our Top 10 Most Important West Coast Eagles Goals of All-Time.

Audio version can be found here (or via your favourite podcast platform, like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, etc): https://anchor.fm/dashboard/episode/ek1pb9

Video versions can be found on Youtube or via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wetalkfooty/

A bit of background about the podcast - we've traditionally been doing re-watches of old games, occasionally having a guest join us (we'd love to have more guests on, if anyone is keen, DM me). We've done round and Eagles game re-caps, but found that re-watches are our thing and will continue them out of season, but we wanted to try something a bit different rather than do re-caps that lots of podcasts do. So we're doing Top 10s, and it could be on serious or strange topics (eg. Top 10 Marks by a player named Mark; Top 10 Match Winning Goals; Top 10 Tattooed Footballers). If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them and we may very well steal your idea. :)

Please comment on our list (it's bit of a cheat, we fit 12 goals in) and maybe even suggest some you think were missing (we're not gonna re-do it, though).

I listen to it, he's a lot more polished than we are. :p

24b359c9158d06208f49400c7c43bf23.gif

I like the list. I think Chick/Hunter should be higher, but also you’ve done well to get some goals that wouldn’t immediately spring to mind eg the Jetta goal to steal a finals berth.

Maybe an idea for another one could be top 10 most important non-goal moments. Things like EMac’s save against Port, Sumich missing the chance to win that QF against Collingwood which resulted in a drubbing during the replay, Ballantyne’s miss etc

Shifty1

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Nice podcast. Agree about the McGovern goal and win against PA - really galvanised the club after the fallout from the Gaff hit, the "Weak Coast" headline in The Worst, Basil's interview with Simpson and even Naitanui's second knee injury a couple of weeks prior. Felt like the whole footy world was against us that week and to come out with a come from behind win was integral to us winning the flag. Personally I would rank it above Shuey's goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Does anyone remember a goal we kicked v Bulldogs in early 1999??

I have these visions of Banfield bursting away from a stoppage through the middle of the ground with 3 or 4 other Eagles shepherding him the whole way.

I want to see how this vision ended?

Did Banners kick the goal or do one his little lefties to Scotty Cummings or Phil Matera who kicked like 140 goals between them that season.

Back