News Burns new senior assistant

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bring on the 3 Bs. Burns, Balme, Bassett. Make it happen.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 8.36.26 pm.png

BEEWWWDIFULLLL !

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wasn’t that early in Bucks’ tenure? There were a few issues with the whole club during those early days of Buckley which weren’t in the control of an assistant coach.
Pies also developed alot of their core youngsters over that 3-4 years even though they missed the finals the work was done to see them take a sharp turn toward success in the W - L column .

Point being it didn't just happen overnight so he deserves some credit for setting the table .

Have always rated Scott very highly as a player , coach and most definitely a man .

He is a very good get and will serve us well .

Last edited:

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pies also developed alot of their core youngsters over that 3-4 years even though they missed the finals the work was done to see them take a sharp turn toward success in the W - L column .

Point being it didn't just happen overnight so he deserves some credit for setting the table .

Have always rated Scott very highly as a player , coach and most definitely a man .

He is a very good get and will serve us well .
So he was there at the same time as Ben Hart....?

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
3 years overlapping ... are you asking a question or trying to make a lame point by lumping them into the same pile ?
More a question - you mentioned Burns should get some credit fornthe Pies development after he left...does Hart get similar?

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
More a question - you mentioned Burns should get some credit fornthe Pies development after he left...does Hart get similar?
Fair call , if he deserves it then sure ... i have only heard good things from Burns time at the Pies and also from a few at WCE .

Have not really asked too much about Baked Bean Head but his time here was more than underwhelming IMO .

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I guess if we're going to hang sh*t on Roo for the Hart and Burton boys club appointments, we have to give him kudos for this one. Looks like a good get.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Be funny if Roo is actually behind all this and we're all fantasising that Nicks suddenly took control of the club.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Be funny if Roo is actually behind all this and we're all fantasising that Nicks suddenly took control of the club.
I think the precursor to all this has Adam Kelly's fingerprints all over it personally, very impressive individual.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Roo's original appointments were good (Walsh, Teague). At some point he was infected by a brain parasite of bird like proportions. Maybe now that he's been deloused, he's regained his clarity of mind.

Occam's razor says it's Nicks though.

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Kelly said a few weeks back that it was up to him and Nicks to build the new footy department.

All I reckon Roo, Fagan and the board would be involved in is signing the cheques or not blocking us spending the money. Reckon they’ve figured being s**t costs more.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Roo's original appointments were good (Walsh, Teague). At some point he was infected by a brain parasite of bird like proportions. Maybe now that he's been deloused, he's regained his clarity of mind.

Occam's razor says it's Nicks though.
Doubt its Nicks. In my experience it's common for the higher ups to make the calls but it's left to the team leader to break the news. He's probably lucky he's on a 3 year deal in all honestly.

I think the Kelly theory is more likely.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Doubt its Nicks. In my experience it's common for the higher ups to make the calls but it's left to the team leader to break the news. He's probably lucky he's on a 3 year deal in all honestly.

I'd imagine Kelly and Nicks are working together tbh.

I think even if Nicks wasn't on a 3 year deal, there's no way Adelaide sacks him after one, covid interrupted season. He'd get a minimum of 2 years in normal circumstances.

BunjiMac

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Walsh had a massive say in getting Teague and had requested him as part of his coaching panel. From memory they worked together at west coast and Teague jumped at the opportunity to work with Walsh again. Similarly Nicks would have a major contribution and say in who he’d want as an assistant. It’s up to Kelly to see what he can accomodate and get done.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
I'd imagine Kelly and Nicks are working together tbh.

I think even if Nicks wasn't on a 3 year deal, there's no way Adelaide sacks him after one, covid interrupted season. He'd get a minimum of 2 years in normal circumstances.
Kelly might be looking at his watch. In seriousness though, I suspect there was some Roo input. Not sure Kelly or Nicks know Burns well enough to appoint him so soon? Whereas one who has interviewed him in depth previously and who is also known to make the calls...

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Kelly might be looking at his watch. In seriousness though, I suspect there was some Roo input. Not sure Kelly or Nicks know Burns well enough to appoint him so soon? Whereas one who has interviewed him in depth previously and who is also known to make the calls...
Not saying Roo didn't have input but it's likely they had talks with Burns months ago. Kelly mentioned changes to the footy dept. a while back in a couple of different pressers.

Last edited:
Back