Society/Culture Can we please stop equating the risk posed by left wing extremists with that of right wing extremists?

Remove this Banner Ad

Right on cue, a right winger comes in to deflect.

Are you aware that Islamic extremism is itself a form of Right wing extremism? Both types of extremists seek to use violence to impose (or maintain) a hierarchical, patriarchal, reactionary, traditional and conservative social and political system. Both types of extremists are increasingly radicalised online.

Ironically, both also hate the Jews. Because that train is never late.

The fact is that right wing extremism is the largest domestic terror threat in the USA at present, and currently accounts for 40 percent (and rising) of the domestic terror threat here in Australia as well.

Whine about anti-fascists all you like, but trying to equate left wing extremism with right wing extremism is deflection in the extreme.

Worst post I have ever seen.

You do realize that left wing terrorists have been setting American cities on fire for months and killing people? Ever heard of Antifa and BLM?

Got a recent example of this so called 'right wing' terrorism?

You do realize that left wing terrorists have been setting American cities on fire for months and killing people? Ever heard of Antifa and BLM?

Welcome to Bigfooty! Let me know if you have any questions etc., always happy to help out first time posters.

It would helpful if you could point out:

a) who has designated Antifa and BLM “terrorist organisations”, and

b) recent organised attacks and murders, including announcements claiming responsibility and demands made.

That list is a joke. 2020 Boogaloo killings lmao

'Right wing terrorism' is so non existent that events have to be manufactured by the media.

Are you sure of this? I am finding a lot of these accusations unsourced, and when I press people for answers they call me a shill. Similarly to what we saw in our summer bushfire season in 2019/2020, I feel that there's a deliberate misinformation campaign to baselessly attribute the source of these fires to arson. In Australia it was used to turn attention away from left wing views, and in the US it is being used to put blame on left wing views. I don't think that's a coincidence.

I’m shaking in my boots at the thought of Blair Cotterel’s patriots group lol. The irony is that Burn Loot and Murder are more nazi than they realise. “*en say black lives matter”. Raising the fist itself is a nazi thing.

I’m shaking in my boots at the thought of Blair Cotterel’s patriots group lol. The irony is that Burn Loot and Murder are more nazi than they realise. “fu**en say black lives matter”. Raising the fist itself is a nazi thing.
Is either of those the same thing as, say, driving a car through a Charlotesville crowd?

And far from manufacturing right wing violence stories, the media here and in other countries seems intent on playing up "leftist" violence.

Politicians like the taste of the anger this induces, and feed this bogus story.

What do you think this is?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/trump-fan...rowds-and-macing-demonstrators-062145628.html

Portland violence is left-wing? Right wing thug driving a truck into people in Portland:

e4a5fd00-ea78-11ea-afa7-c3b05fbbac86.jpg

This after drive-by macing and paintballing of crowds from the safety of their truck.

New York Times journalist Mike Baker filmed Trump supporters firing “pepper spray” and paintballs at close range into crowds.

At one point demonstrators attempted to block the caravan of vehicles, some throwing eggs in retaliation.

If you think Nazi's are worth your time trying to save then I don't know what to say to you.

This is the mentality that pushes the two sides further into their corners where the real ghoulish people stay to twist them further.
Everyone is worth the time to try and de-escalate them. The second you abandon hope for anyone is the second they are beyond help.

Tis only when you cease to offer it that help is not available. At some point, that horse is going to be thirsty; it's best to have some water available when it happens.

Everyone is worth the time to try and de-escalate them. The second you abandon hope for anyone is the second they are beyond help.

Tis only when you cease to offer it that help is not available. At some point, that horse is going to be thirsty; it's best to have some water available when it happens.
I agree with the idea that there are tiers of RWNJs.

The grifters and the ground level people sucked in by them.

From the report I linked earlier, it's surprising how fast some people can be sucked in, but this is as designed. It's age-old internet marketing for hate-spreaders.

Members of the AIN cast themselves as an alternative media system by:

• Establishing an alternative sense of credibility based on relatability, authenticity, and accountability.

• Cultivating an alternative social identity using the image of a social underdog, and countercultural appeal. Members of the AIN use the proven engagement techniques of brand influencers to spread ideological content:
  • Ideological Testimonials
  • Political Self-Branding
  • Search Engine Optimization
  • Strategic Controversy

The AIN as a whole facilitates radicalization through social networking practices:
• Audiences are able to easily move from mainstream to extreme content through guest appearances and other links.
• Political influencers themselves often shift to more radical positions following interactions with other influencers or their own audiences.

I agree with the idea that there are tiers of RWNJs.

The grifters and the ground level people sucked in by them.

From the report I linked earlier, it's surprising how fast some people can be sucked in, but this is as designed. It's age-old internet marketing for hate-spreaders:

Members of the AIN cast themselves as an alternative media system by:
• Establishing an alternative sense of credibility based on relatability, authenticity, and accountability.
• Cultivating an alternative social identity using the image of a social underdog, and countercultural appeal. Members of the AIN use the proven engagement techniques of brand influencers to spread ideological content:
• Ideological Testimonials• Political Self-Branding • Search Engine Optimization • Strategic Controversy The AIN as a whole facilitates radicalization through social networking practices: • Audiences are able to easily move from mainstream to extreme content through guest appearances and other links. • Political influencers themselves often shift to more radical positions following interactions with other influencers or their own audiences.
I get that.

I recently came across this playlist on Youtube:
In particular, this video is interesting for this particular phenomenon:

The thing for me is that to surrender your own hope for a better world or for other people is tantamount to beginning this process yourself. We psychologically focus on the negative, because we're still a prey species; we look for threats, predators, ahead of anything else. The key here is that each of these people need to be pulled back, before they hurt other people, but also for their own sake.

The key here is that each of these people need to be pulled back, before they hurt other people, but also for their own sake.
The suckers, yes. Some of them. But how do you tell?

The grifters? They are in it for the power and money and there is no sense wasting time on them.

I suppose there's another tier of people transitioning from sucker to grifter. Not sure where they would be at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The suckers, yes. Some of them. But how do you tell?

The grifters? They are in it for the power and money and there is no sense wasting time on them.

I suppose there's another tier of people transitioning from sucker to grifter. Not sure where they would be at.
Grifters are defeated when there's no-one there to grift; they change tact and start advertising something else to become popular. And I'd argue that's a problem more with capitalism than solely the RWNJ crowd.

Is either of those the same thing as, say, driving a car through a Charlotesville crowd?

And far from manufacturing right wing violence stories, the media here and in other countries seems intent on playing up "leftist" violence.

Politicians like the taste of the anger this induces, and feed this bogus story.

What do you think this is?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/trump-fan...rowds-and-macing-demonstrators-062145628.html

Portland violence is left-wing? Right wing thug driving a truck into people in Portland:

View attachment 969379

This after drive-by macing and paintballing of crowds from the safety of their truck.
First of all, the media is predominantly left wing.
Secondly, the guy from Charlottesville gets no support from anybody.
Furthermore, why are protestors blocking the road? There have been many instances of random drivers been heckled by rioters trying to provoke a reaction. Mainstream society will not bend over to BLM thugs and terrorists anytime soon.

Furthermore, why are protestors blocking the road? There have been many instances of random drivers been heckled by rioters trying to provoke a reaction. Mainstream society will not bend over to BLM thugs and terrorists anytime soon.
Heckling people and running into them are two ENTIRELY different things.

Where? Not in Australia, that's for sure.

Right wing extremists are more dangerous in terms of some "lone wolves" becoming domestic terrorists and committing isolated atrocities.

Left wing extremists are more dangerous in terms of indoctrinating large groups of mainly disenfranchised youths to blame society for their short comings which will ultimately destroy their future.

When a 40 year old ANTIFA activist finally wakes up to themself, what do they do?

Murdoch owns about 50% of the worlds media

The rest is owned by an assortment of billionaires all of who are devotes to Capitalism

You can research it if you like, you do know QAnon allows that now, right?

I don't see the value in placing terrorists on a left-right spectrum in the first place.
Helps to work out their networks, the likely effects and so on. Which politicians are stoking the flames.

The biggest problem with left wing extremism is that it enjoys mainstream support by high profile people who are otherwise opposed to violence. Including ironically the OP of this very thread.

At least right wing extremism is easy to spot and to marginalise most of the time.

Last edited:
I denounced Salafi Islamic extremism in my opening line of the OP, and concede it's a massive threat that has only been overtaken as the number 1 threat in the USA recently by your lot.

The Muslim population in the US is about 1 or 2 percent, compared to the right wing which would be about half the country. Very disingenuous comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back