News Delistings: Knight, Taylor, Wilson (more to come)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why was Seeds not playing for the last few round of the season? I think he's very likely to get cut.

I think we'll be looking at teams that might need some outside run and see if there's trade interest. I can't imagine he's a delist.

I think we'll be looking at teams that might need some outside run and see if there's trade interest. I can't imagine he's a delist.

Aren't we a team that needs some outside run? I'd give us one of our 3rd round picks for him given that he's struggled to break into the side this year. Could be useful depth. Reid needs to sit down with Reid and make it happen.

Aren't we a team that needs some outside run? I'd give us one of our 3rd round picks for him given that he's struggled to break into the side this year. Could be useful depth. Reid needs to sit down with Reid and make it happen.
I see what you're doing...creating demand. I know Heath Younie is keen on him too, so there are at least 2 team interested. Gee, Brisbane are going to have to pay up for him now!

I hope you're right, as I rate Seeds. It's unusual that he wouldn't appear on our injury list for the last month, if that is the reason he wasn't playing.
I suspect he wasn't playing because he was poor defensively. He was often seen jogging defensively watching opposition players run past him towards goals.

I see what you're doing...creating demand. I know Heath Younie is keen on him too, so there are at least 2 team interested. Gee, Brisbane are going to have to pay up for him now!

This is how we play it in the big league, son. We talk up his value in order to panic ourselves into giving him a long term contract extension on big dollars before we're able to swoop and and steal him right out from under our own noses.

I hear he's also good mates with Rory Sloane. I'm sure Sloane is getting in his ear to try to convince him to go home to Adelaide. Finish out their careers together on Adelaide Oval where they played so many games together as juniors.

I hear he's also good mates with Rory Sloane. I'm sure Sloane is getting in his ear to try to convince him to go home to Adelaide. Finish out their careers together on Adelaide Oval where they played so many games together as juniors.
who are you referring to is friends with sloane?

Multiplicity. Very enterprising.

Odd I would have thought we would have given them a heads up and in Mackays case a farewell game. If there is truth in the Talia rumours we could be keeping Harto.
If the decision is made to force Mackay into retirement, and they didn't give him a send off game, I'd be a bit offended for him.
We gave Gibbs a send off game and he didn't do s**t for us.
He may not be the most popular guy around here, but he gave us 230 games over 13 really solid seasons, and he deserves a proper send off.
I think it's highly likely he'll be back next year.

If the decision is made to force Mackay into retirement, and they didn't give him a send off game, I'd be a bit offended for him.
We gave Gibbs a send off game and he didn't do sh*t for us.
He may not be the most popular guy around here, but he gave us 230 games over 13 really solid seasons, and he deserves a proper send off.

Look, I agree - but there will be a bunch of players cut in this off-season who don't get a sendoff. Gibbs is a very unusual case.

Personally, I think we're going to need to cut Mackay, and I'd rather give Gallucci a year with a new coaching panel than give Mackay another, as much as I genuinely admire DM

We gave Gibbs a send off game and he didn't do sh*t for us.
motorcade next year been done before they would have offered him to retire before season is out. but he wants to play on and has taken the risk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, I agree - but there will be a bunch of players cut in this off-season who don't get a sendoff. Gibbs is a very unusual case.

Personally, I think we're going to need to cut Mackay, and I'd rather give Gallucci a year with a new coaching panel than give Mackay another, as much as I genuinely admire DM
Yeah, but there's a difference between not giving guys like Riley Knight or Paul Seedsman a send off game, who have been here for 5 years and played 50-60 games and DMack who is our longest tenured player who is 11th on our all time games played list.
I get why they did it with Gibbs. So his real team coulr say goodbye to him, but I think Mackay should be given the same honour.

We didn’t give club champion Richard Douglas a farewell game (we just kept selecting him).

Similar to Dougie, Bran Nue Mackae believes he has another year (or two or maybe four more years). If we are able to trade Kelly or Seedsman or someone wants Hartigan as a free agent then he might survive.

BNM is the ultimate survivor, every year he seems to be the 31st best player on our list but injuries etc means he will play 90% of the games. The AFC is addicted to him, if he is on the list he will be selected before any number of exciting, talented Kids. We have to go cold turkey and “Just Do It”.

We didn’t give club champion Richard Douglas a farewell game (we just kept selecting him).

Similar to Dougie, Bran Nue Mackae believes he has another year (or two or maybe four more years). If we are able to trade Kelly or Seedsman or someone wants Hartigan as a free agent then he might survive.

BNM is the ultimate survivor, every year he seems to be the 31st best player on our list but injuries etc means he will play 90% of the games. The AFC is addicted to him, if he is on the list he will be selected before any number of exciting, talented Kids. We have to go cold turkey and “Just Do It”.
you wanna go cold turkey 🦃 🥵

Mackay may announce his retirement at the B&F. My fingers are crossed so hard, they are about to snap off.

Strachan might be ok, might get a 1 year deal as ruck insurance seeing we don't have another ruck option. Yeah we could draft a ruckman but a 18yr old skinny ruckman wont give you much yet. I think Strachan gets another 1 year deal

Yeah, but there's a difference between not giving guys like Riley Knight or Paul Seedsman a send off game, who have been here for 5 years and played 50-60 games and DMack who is our longest tenured player who is 11th on our all time games played list.
I get why they did it with Gibbs. So his real team coulr say goodbye to him, but I think Mackay should be given the same honour.
Club don't know list sizes and likely told Mackay he may be a casualty dependant on the list number. I heard on the radio today it may be 36 primary list spots with 2 cat A and 4 cat B rookies. If that's the case we will need to trim our list quite considerably and possibly re-rookie players such as Gallucci if we plan on keeping him on. I don't see Mackay on our list next year.

Never improved ....and basically the club is going with Keays in a similar role .....Keays who can also play the lockdown player that Knight had been doing in recent seasons
Keays is the only player we have these days that opposition players would hate to line up against. He goes hard, he niggles, makes the opposition earn the ball, plus he works hard to make it to every contest.
What he does when he doesn't have the ball is what makes him more valuable than Knight and Atkins.

Strachan might be ok, might get a 1 year deal as ruck insurance seeing we don't have another ruck option. Yeah we could draft a ruckman but a 18yr old skinny ruckman wont give you much yet. I think Strachan gets another 1 year deal
Line-ball. I would be inclined to turn Billy Frampton back into a pure ruckman.

Club don't know list sizes and likely told Mackay he may be a casualty dependant on the list number. I heard on the radio today it may be 36 primary list spots with 2 cat A and 4 cat B rookies. If that's the case we will need to trim our list quite considerably and possibly re-rookie players such as Gallucci if we plan on keeping him on. I don't see Mackay on our list next year.
So you're allowed 2 guys on your rookie list who actually know how to play footy and 4 guys who you have to pluck from some other sport to fill a spot?
What's the logic in that?

So you're allowed 2 guys on your rookie list who actually know how to play footy and 4 guys who you have to pluck from some other sport to fill a spot?
That surely would be the other way round: 4 Cat A Rooks + 2 Cat B rooks.

Had it around the wrong way. 4 cat A's and 2 cat B's the rumour. 36 main list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back