Bruce Springsteen

Do any of his other albums sound like Born to Run? I love that album and I want more songs like the title track and Jungleland, but haven’t found anything yet.
Posted this back on page 124 back in April 2013. It might help.

Flowchart is from www.backstreets.com BTX click on image to make it bigger.

1600913374072.png

Do any of his other albums sound like Born to Run? I love that album and I want more songs like the title track and Jungleland, but haven’t found anything yet.
These 2 songs are from side 2 of his album before BTR - The Wild, The Innocent and The E Street Shuffle.

If you want long epic songs like Jungleland - not so much the power of the sax - these 2 might fit the bill. Live performances from Oz tours

March 2013 at Hanging Rock his last show in Oz of the Wrecking Ball tour

February 2014 Brisbane Entertainment Centre his last show in Oz of that High Hopes tour

Sep 2, 2017
Oakleigh
AFL Club
Richmond
These 2 songs are from side 2 of his album before BTR - The Wild, The Innocent and The E Street Shuffle.

If you want long epic songs like Jungleland - not so much the power of the sax - these 2 might fit the bill. Live performances from Oz tours

March 2013 at Hanging Rock his last show in Oz of the Wrecking Ball tour

February 2014 Brisbane Entertainment Centre his last show in Oz of that High Hopes tour

Nah, I want the sax. The best part about Jungleland is the sax solo. What happened to the sax player after that album? I listened to Darkness on the Edge of Town and I thought it was OK, but too much hard rock and not enough sax and big chorus sing alongs like on Born to Run. Born to Run gives me goosebumps and I didn't really get that from Darkness or The Wild or Nebraska.

Nah, I want the sax. The best part about Jungleland is the sax solo. What happened to the sax player after that album? I listened to Darkness on the Edge of Town and I thought it was OK, but too much hard rock and not enough sax and big chorus sing alongs like on Born to Run. Born to Run gives me goosebumps and I didn't really get that from Darkness or The Wild or Nebraska.
The Wall of Sound - or the spareness of Bruce's despair took over I guess,

The Master of the Universe, The Big Man - Clarence Clemons never left the E Street Band but at the end 1989 Bruce told everybody he wanted to raise his kids and live a normal life - think he gave every band member a $2mil payout. They recorded a few tracks in 1994 to put on a greatest hits album then he got the band back together in March 1999 for Reunion Tour playing old hits and new stuff across USA, then Europe and back across North America ending in July 2000, which ended up with a Live Album and a HBO documentary and DVD from the end of the tour.

Between 1990 and 1999 Bruce released 3 albums and used a couple of E Street Band members, not but other local musicians on them - double release 2 albums simultaneously Lucky Town and Human Touch in 1992 and did a smallish tour of them and then in 1995 did a solo album The Ghost of Tom Joad and toured that around the world,

The Big Man played on his albums The Rising 2002, Devils and Dust 2005. Magic 2007, and Working on a Dream in 2009. He unfortunately passed away in June 2011 suffering from complications from a stroke he had a couple of weeks earlier. He was 69.

If you listen to Live 1975-85 3 discs album, you will hear a lot of Clarence on those 40 songs and also from the Reunion Tour mentioned above - Live in New York City released in 2001 and 20 songs on 2 discs.

I have loved Clarence playing this song on an early David Letterman show, since I first saw it about 10 years ago, that Bruce wrote, recorded in the 1979 River album, but was an outtake song and he played a bit live in the early 1980's - From Small Things (Big Things One Day Come). He finally released it on his greatest hits Essential album in 2013 on a bonus 3rd disc of outtakes studio recordings and live performances of never released songs.

Clarence sax dominating

Bruce in 1981 / 1982 gave the song to his mate UK singer Dave Edmunds to record and he had a top 30 hit with it in the UK.

Clarence had his own recordings - Friend of Mine with Jackson Brown was his biggest hit, and his last recording was for Lady Gaga in January 2011. She was working on her album Born This Way and wanted a Clarence / E Street / Springsteen sax sound on a couple of songs and she rang up Clarence in Florida on a Friday and said she wanted him to play on her songs. He said he can come up next week, but she said she wants to recorded it over the weekend, flew him to NYC, he got to the studio at midnight and recorded stuff for the next few hours. She said to Clarence - "We'll put the tape on and you just play". Edge of Glory was the hit song he played on.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Serenade and Drive All Night will be up your alley - did you check those out? I guess Rosie and Frankie to an extent too.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Anyway, this came out overnight

Best thing he's done since the Magic era, that's no mean feat either.

Just read the Rolling Stone article on the new album. Won’t spoil it but there’s a sadness through it on a number of fronts, despite the optimism of the new recordings.

Also a realisation over the future of touring due to Covid. Cruyff14

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I'm yet to read the article, need to get round to it.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him here again.

I suppose that was my feeling as I read the article; I mean you paid and did a lot more than I could have imagined when he came out but I still got odd looks when I went AAMI and then the next weekend Hanging Rock last time. That cost me $600 but the AAMI was amazing standing at his feet. Cannot believe it when I think back now. Good times!

That really sad possibility that they may not be back again. There was plans for a full blown tour on the back of this album. He's still pretty keen and I reckon if this Covid thing got sorted out we could see Summer of 2022/23.

Mate what about Ghosts? That was also released.

This is the best one on the album for me.

This is a lot better. First song seems forced even over produced, where as Ghosts has a more natural flow/rythm.

Back