Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is cripps really out recruiting merett and oliver
Reckon there's a good chance that he'll have had a few friendly chats with players from oppo clubs. Many are mates so no issue with a bit of informal banter and 'let me have a word to Teaguey off the record' about it. Hell, its out in the open that Eddie helped recruit Jack and played a big part in Williams choosing us. Players respect Crippa so I have no problem with him getting into the ear of the Vineys, Kellys, Tarantos and Merrett's of the world to sell them on our future/culture. In fact, I'd be disappointed if our senior players with cross-club ties weren't.

Sam Mclure on footy class going with Oliver not happy at Melbourne but not sure why.

Interesting.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He loves to make a grand entrance statement then leaves us with nothing at the end.

"He's not happy at the club........but he's staying"

He said it for both Oliver and Merrett.

Still not buying the "go to NM for security" angle.

That offer from North will be on the table for the next few years, they've always struggled to lure talent and embarking on a rebuild isn't going to help that.

If JSOS wants to stay, he stays, he's got a contract. If he wants out of the club, he goes, we wouldn't force a player on the edge of the 22 to stick around against their will. If he's unsure, the percentage play is to stick around with us for 2021, then reassess at the end of next year.

If he does elect to go, value is pretty bloody difficult to pin down.

- On the one hand, yeah, he's only an OK player and probably worth a third or even fourth round pick.

- On the other hand, he's contracted, and we can probably use that to drive the price up a little (ie. definitely a third rounder rather than a fourth).

- Chuck in a third hand, he's a Silvagni, that's a big story for North, so maybe it becomes an early third rounder.

- Fourth hand (the analogy has gone to sh*t) it's North Melbourne - they can't convince anyone of note to play for them, hell they gave up Pick 11 for Polec and Pittard only 2 years ago. I think it could be similar to GC giving up Pick 2 for Weller - sometimes when you struggle to attract talent, you get bullied into paying overs for one of the few players you can attract.

If he leaves this year, I could see us pinching a late second for JSOS, and sending something else back later in the draft.

NM have picks 2, 9, 25 (Ess), 57, and 65 (Mel).
Carlton have picks 7, 27 and 45.

JSOS and 45 for 27 could be a possibility. Or just straight up for their future third (which is likely be to in the 37-40 range) if we prefer a 2021 pick. This year I think I'd be pushing for something around Pick 30 in value, who knows what their draft hand will look like after they trade out a few other players.
In reality, it would be JSOS and 27 for 25 and 65

Reckon there's a good chance that he'll have had a few friendly chats with players from oppo clubs. Many are mates so no issue with a bit of informal banter and 'let me have a word to Teaguey off the record' about it. Hell, its out in the open that Eddie helped recruit Jack and played a big part in Williams choosing us. Players respect Crippa so I have no problem with him getting into the ear of the Vineys, Kellys, Tarantos and Merrett's of the world to sell them on our future/culture. In fact, I'd be disappointed if our senior players with cross-club ties weren't.

Get one of these type of mids and i think we had a very very solid best 22. biggest open hole would be a genuine small forward the opposition defenders get worried about.

I really hope JSOS doesn’t go, another couple seasons and he will be James Hird mk2 (in playing ability, not the other crap we loathe him for).
I’m still confident he will be awesome, there is still a huge need for players who can “football”. Hope we don’t balls this up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope JSOS doesn’t go, another couple seasons and he will be James Hird mk2 (in playing ability, not the other crap we loathe him for).
I’m still confident he will be awesome, there is still a huge need for players who can “football”. Hope we don’t balls this up
FFS this place certainly love to over rate our own at times...😂
James Hird mk2 in playing ability....can’t be serious....surely...

It’s more than this.

Silvagni is Carlton. Carlton is Silvagni. For a best 25 player...you find a way.

It should be important that we as a club keep him, within reason. Tradition, loyalty, etc should be valued. Unfortunately those in power look to have other agendas.

I’m guessing Hawks have regretted letting Kennedy go...beyond being a great player.

Note: I have no issue with BSOS being let go.

It was certainly in the clubs interest to use his family name and photos in all those marketing adds in his first few years. Only when it suits I suppose.

Losing Jsos makes us a little softer, his pressure and 2nd and 3rd efforts were sorely missed this year. Like we aren’t soft enough.

Harks, I get the feeling your setting Surry up for a harden the fu** up reminder. The kid was publicly humiliated by the Richmond bloke. Don't get fooled by the bullshit being spruced by teagueyubeauty insofar as him not having been pushed; that poster needs to familiarise himself with the concept of constructive dismissal. The kid's probably lost trust and confidence in the club. Either he or the Richmond bloke should leave. It wont be the Richmond bloke, YET, so JSOS should leave. We move on.

You’re talking rubbish, you are absolutely guessing your arse off

What games has McGovern taken off Silvagni?

Was Jack consistently in the team, when not injured, after Teague came in? He wasn’t under Bolton first half of last year that’s for sure

He’s been out injured for the vast majority of the year, he’s contracted for next year. The decision is all Jack’s, he has a lot to think about and I won’t begrudge him going to a North for a lengthy contract on more money but let’s be very upfront here and not make it about any other fairytale that you wish to make up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back